Site-related announcements and stuff.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Mabidata web server bugs (now fixed)

Post by ferghus »

Several users have reported intermittent trouble with functions like thread creation, private messaging, or in some cases page viewing. It would seem that something went wrong with the web server, but it's only affecting some users and not consistently. Therefore I need as much data on this as possible in order to help the web host troubleshoot it.

If you get a random error, post it here (error type/message, what you were trying to do when it got triggered): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1286 or email me at yoorah (AT) mabidata (D0T) net if you cannot post the error.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: Mabidata web server bugs

Post by ferghus »

Apparently, the issue was caused by new security software the host installed on their server. They're removed it after receiving a bunch of complaints about compatibility issues (ours included), so everything should be fine now. If you're still getting weird bugs, like HTTP error 406, for example, then do PM/email me.

This announcement will be stickied for a few more days, after which i'll assume that no more issues remain and it'll be locked. x)