[Event][Trivia Quiz Game: Trivianogi X'mas]

Site-related announcements and stuff.
Soluna

[Event][Trivia Quiz Game: Trivianogi X'mas]

Post by Soluna »

Trivianogi X'mas
Mabinogi NA is out for nearly 2 years, but how much do you really about the systems, the NPCs, and the Stories of the game?! Is time to compete against fellow guild members and mabi-players to find out who is the Mabi-Know it All.

Ask any questions about the event you are unclear on and I will answer it.

Dates and Times:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registrations Time Frame:
12/06/2009 ~ 12/17/2009 11:59 PM PDT

Actual Event Date:
12/19/2009 4:30 PM PDT Meet Up, 5:00PM PDT Game Starts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dugald Home Channel, Stumpy Square

What to Bring and How To Apply:
The game will be conducted in a team of 2, you are required to have the paper plane and composing skill, 60 Papers and 2 Blank Muisc Scorlls (per team).
To apply, simply make a post in this thread saying you are interested or send a note to Solar in the game.
Make sure you include your partner's IGN in the post/note and Team Name (Yes, you need a team name).

Rules:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The goal of the game is score the most points by answering the questions.
2. There are 6 categories (will be announced at the beginning of the game) and 5 questions in each category, with varying amount of points from 200 to 1000 [200, 400, 600, 800, 1000] and 1 Final Question.
3. One person from the team will be responsible for answer [Speaker], while the other will be responsible to search for the answer [Runner], if the speaker does not know the answer to the question like How many Apple Trees are in the Dunbarton Map?
4. Speaker must remain at Stumpy Square at all times, only the Runner is allowed to leave the home channel. The Runners allowed to leave as soon as the game begins.
5. The game begins by the teams gathering around the stumpy square and the announcer announcing the questions. The Speaker from each team will then use the paper plane action.
6. The team's plane that flew the farthest will be eligible to answer first. Each question will be given a limited time of 1hour game time to answer. If the answer is incorrect, there is no penalty.
7. The team's plane that flew the shortest will be eligible to answer second if the first team answered incorrectly. However, the only get 30min game time to answer and the points is halved.
8. If the second team also cannot answer the question correctly, then no one gets the points from the question.
9. When all 30 questions are done, the final question will be asked where all teams are allowed to answer the question.
10. Each team can bet as much as point as they have on the final question, and they will gain that much points if they answered it correctly, or lose if they answer it incorrectly.
11. Before the announcer announce the question, he will give a clue as to the type of the final question. Each team must write their team name and the points they wish to bet on 1 musical scroll and give to the announcer. After the announcer receive all the bets from the teams, he will then ask the question. The Final Question will be given a limited time of 2 hour game time to answer. Each team must write their team name and the answer to the question on the other music scroll and give to the announcer before then.
12. The winner of the game is the team that ends up with the most points.

Prizes:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Place: 50k Gold, Holy Water x10, Dye Ampule x1 (Per Member on Team).
Second Place: 50k Gold, Holy Water x5, (Per Member on Team).

Participants:

Team Tao: Taoki & Somecoolguy
Team Bee: Beepuke & Dusky
Team GTO: Sigea & Esence
Team GNEUFLECT: Patchy & Shinra
IceFireLight

Re: [Event][Trivia Quiz Game: Trivianogi X'mas]

Post by IceFireLight »

I'll join in on the fun :D
Kiex

Post by Kiex »

O.O Dye ampule?!! I haven't touched one of those in months!! I'm in! (19th is like.. right AFTER finals xD)
TaoSekai

Post by TaoSekai »

Sounds fun. Sign me up! Good thing you don't need a lotta skill to do well on this. :3
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Make sure you give your team a name and if possible post the name of your partner (Does not have to be in the guild).
And you cant pick me as partner since I will be the Host OTL.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

The Trivia Questions are Completed Today, and here are just a few hints to reward the common forum users.
Here are the 6 categories and a hint to the final question:
1. Who's That NPC?
2. Nao and Forever
3. Now I Know My NPC
4. Erinn Traveler
5. The Tale of Mabi
6. 1,2,3,4 Count Them All
Final Question: This question deal with cooking!
Dusky

Post by Dusky »

No partner so no dusky participation, but ill still watch the event :s
Beepuke

Post by Beepuke »

i wanna participate! barring complications and unforeseen circumstances, count me in
Patchy

Post by Patchy »

Patchy will join the event with Shinra as TEAM GENUFLECT!

Hopefully Shinra will show up!
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Minor Update to the Rules:

One question will have 1hour game time to answer, and the second team have 30min game time to answer instead of the original 30min and 10min time limit.

Final question have also been extended to 2hour game time to answer.

The second chance for answering a question will only net you half the amount of the original points of that question. I.E.(200->100, 400->200, 600->300, 800->400, 1000->500).

=w= Happy Trivia Hunting!