[Event][Mabinopoly 2009: Dunbarton Edition]

Site-related announcements and stuff.
Soluna

[Event][Mabinopoly 2009: Dunbarton Edition]

Post by Soluna »

Mabinopoly 2009: Dunbarton Edition
Grab your dice again and get ready to race to the finish line this time in the Mabinogi Monopoly: Dunbarton Edition, where the luck of the roll matters will determine your final fate.
If you have any question after reading it (such what if this happens and then this event occurred), ask it in the thread and I will answer it.

Dates and Times:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registrations Time Frame:
12/06/2009 ~ 12/17/2009 11:59 PM PDT

Actual Event Date:
12/18/2009 3:30 PM PDT Meet Up, 4:00PM PDT Game Starts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dunbarton Channel 4 Town Square

What to Bring and How To Apply:
Only thing you are required to have is Dice (Bought From General Shops). Please bring at least 2 sets of Dice as the game is may require a lot of dice.
To apply, simply make a post in this thread saying you are interested or send a note to Solar in the game.
This event will be public and open to all like the previous events, but the limit of participants is 10, with guild members having priority and then by the order of application so sign up early.

Rules:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. The goal of the game is to be the first to reach the finish line by rolling dice in turns.
2. The board is made to take advantage of the Dunbarton Castle structure where the walls of the castle have up and downs to divide it into 1 square/step like on a real board game as seen in the following pictures:
3. Rolling order is first decided by drawing tickets similar to the the Dice Duel Tournament Event. Each player then take turns and roll as they tried to compete to be the first to reach the finish line.
4. During the event some squares/steps will have a accessory placed on them. This indicates that it is a Chance&Fate square. When the player step on a Chance&Fate square, special event may occur. Players are required to roll 2 more dice to determine what event will occur. This means that there are a total of 36 possible combination of events that may occur. The list of events are listed in the next section.
5. Chance&Fate event have both negative and positive. Some even give an item that you may choose to use it and later turns.
6. If the event move you from your position and you land on another Chance&Fate again, the square is viewed as a normal square. As in only 1 effect of Chance&Fate per player turn.
7. You roll only counts when the Host with you. If the Host did not see the roll, it does not count, so don't roll until the Host tells you to.
8. If you got an item from the Chance&Fate square, you'll be given a scroll that symbolize the item. You may use Offensive items at the beginning of your turn before you roll. You may use Defensive Items after an event has occurred. Only 2 of each item will be given out at a time, if you are the third person to get the effect, no item
will be given out and your turn ends.
9. To reach the Finish Line you must roll the exact number. If your roll is more, you move back that many square back from the Finish Line.
10. Do not try to cheat in the event or you will be disqualified.

Chance&Fate Event
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The number in the front indicate what 2 dice roll will give what event, the <> tag indicates the event title follow by the description and the texts in () is a summary of the effect of the event.
*Red text are considered as negative events, Blue are considered as positive events, Pink are item events, and Orange are considered as really powerful events.

[1-Series Event]
11 <Horse Ride> Oh! you have met a nice person who will give you a ride on their horse. (Next Turn Dice Roll x2)
12 <Animal Taming> You tried to use animal taming skill on a bear but failed and the bear chased you back 3 squares. (Move Back 3 Steps)
13 <God of Lag> You have some how summoned the God of Lag. (All Players Except You Stop for 1 Turn)
14 <Lost Sahagin Attacks> A Lost Sahagin came out of no where and chased you back 5 squares. (Move Back 5 Steps)
15 <Feeling Lucky!> You feel lucky today, something good might happen. (Move the Same Steps as the Roll of Your Next Turn for the Following Turn)
16 <Rebirth> Accidentally pressed the Rebirth button while logged in. (Move Back to Start)
[2-Series Event]
21 <Blessing of Morrighan> Received the Blessing of Morrighan, Invincible for 3 Turns. (Negates both Postive or Negative Events happen)
22 <Fireworks> Obtained Fireworks x1, using it can cause the all other players stop for 1 Turn. (Obtained Item) [Offensive]
23 <Tarlach's Glasses> Obtained Tarlach's Glasses x1, can be used to protect yourself from the Firework's effect. (Obtained Item) [Defensive]
24 <Nao Stone> Obtained Nao Stone x1, can be used to negate 1 Negative Event except for <Turn of Fate> and <3-Series Events>(Obtained Item) [Defensive]
25 <Obstacle> Obtained Obstacle x1, can be setup 5 step ahead or behind you, but can not be setup on the Finish Line. (Obtained Item) [Offensive]
26 <Turn of Fate> You get to exchange your position with 1st place. (Exhange your position with 1st place, if there are multiple first place, exchange with all of them)
[3-Series Event]
31 <Roll of Fate> Roll a dice against the Host, move back X steps if your roll is smaller. (Move Back X Steps where X = Host Roll - Your Roll)
32 <Goblin Bandit Smash> You got smashed by a Goblin Bandit while in defense Move back X squares. (Roll a Dice to Determine How Many Steps to Move Back)
33 <Ceo Glolem Raid> You are surrounded by golems on Ceo Island. Roll a die, if the number is odd, you have escaped successfully, if the number is even, then move back that many squares x2. (Roll a Dice, If Number is Odd, Nothing Happens, Else Move Back that Number x2)
34 <Holy Water Time> Roll a dice against the Host and get X stack of Holy Water. (Get X Stacks of Holy Water where X = Your Roll - Host Roll)
35 <Incubus Appears> An Incubus appeared and tried to seduce you. If you are a female character, roll a dice and stop for that many turn divided by 2. (Stop for X Turns where X is Your Roll Divided by 2, and Round Up)
36 <Succubus Appear> A Succubus appeared and tried to seduce you. If you are a male character, roll a dice and stop for that many turn divided by 2. (Stop for X Turns where X is Your Roll Divided by 2, and Round Up)
[4-Series Event]
41 <Select Stop 1> Choose a Player to stop for 1 turn. (Player Chosen Stops for 1 Turn)
42 <Select Stop 2> Choose a Player to Stop for 2 turns. (Player Chosen stops for 2 Turns)
43 <Select Stop 3> Choose a Player to Stop for 3 turns. (Player Chosen Stops for 3 Turns)
44 <Select Chance Move> Choose a Player to move to the nearest Chance&Fate, the square the Player already stepping on does not count. (Player Chosen Moves to the Nearest Chance&Fate)
45 <Select Fate Move> Choose a Player to move randomly, the chosen Player roll a dice to determine where to go. Odd Number:Start, Even:10 Steps Forward. (Player Chosen Move Back to Start if Rolled Odd Number, Else Move 10 Steps Ahead)
46 <Select Back Move> Choose a Player to move back, the chosen player roll a dice to determine how many steps to go back. (Player Chosen Moves Back the Steps He/She Rolled)
*You may choose yourself in these <4-Series Events>*
[5-Series Event]
51 <Server Disconnect> Disconnected by Server! Move back to start. (Move Back to Start)
52 <Account Hacked> Account got hacked! You lost all your items. (Lose All Items)
53 <Server Lag> Server Lag! All player's dice roll gets halved for 3 turns. (All Dice Roll Divide by 2 for 3 Turns)
54 <Server Reboot> Server Reboot! Everyone goes to back to their last location. (Everyone Return to Their Location In the Previous Turn)
55 <GM Ban> GM caught you using mods and hacks, banned for 2 turns. (Stop for 2 Turns)
56 <Server Crash> Server Crashed! Everyone 6 squares ahead and behind you stops for 1 turn with you. (You and Everyone 6 Steps Ahead and Behind You Stops for 1 Turn)
[6-Series Event]
61 <Owl Scroll> Hit by the quest scroll dropped by the owls, stop 1 turn. (Stop for 1 Turn)
62 <Dragon Fireball> Avoid the Fireball casted by the Desert Dragon, move back 10 squares. (Move Back 10 Steps)
63 <Huge Lucky Finish> You got a Huge Lucky Finish and are busy collecting the gold on the ground. (Stop for 1 Turn)
64 <Awakening of Light> Awakening of the Light!! Dice roll doubled for 2 turns. (Dice Roll is Doubled for 2 Turns)
65 <Gachapon'd> Bought 50 Gachapon and all turned out to be worthless items, fall into Orz Status. (Stop for 1 Turn)
66 <Love of Nexon> Congratulations, You have received the Love of Nexon, postive events are negated while negative events effect are doubled for 3 turns. (Postive Event Negated, Negative Events Doubled for 2 Turns)

Item Effects:
Fireworks: Stun all player for 1 turn.
Tarlach's Glasses: Ignore Firework's Effect.
Nao Stone: Negate 1 Negative Event except for <Turn of Fate> and <3-Series Events>.
Obstacle: Block 1 Player from moving forward.

Prizes:
First Place: 100k Gold, Dye Ampule, Advanced Phoenix Feather x5, Holy Water x10
Second Place: 60k Gold, Dye Ampule, Advanced Phoenix Feather x3, Holy Water x5
Third Place: 40k Gold, Dye Ampule, Advanced Phoenix Feather x2, Holy Water x5

Participants:
1. Icefirelight
2. Yoorah
3. Patchy
4. Sigea
5. Taoki
6. Duskyx
7. Crownclown
IceFireLight

Re: [Event][Mabinopoly 2009: Dunbarton Edition]

Post by IceFireLight »

I'll join in on the fun :D

EDIT: Crap can't make it x.x have other things at that time

EDIT EDIT: There is a slight chance that I MIGHT be able to make it on time but still kinda doubtful but we'll see if I can make it :p
Last edited by IceFireLight on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I'm not sure if I can make it, but I will come if I can!
Patchy

Post by Patchy »

No Chance&Fate Event of some sort that involves Ferghus? It must have been too powerful an event and thus removed to balance the game or something!

I shall play! See you all there!
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Patchy wrote:No Chance&Fate Event of some sort that involves Ferghus? It must have been too powerful an event and thus removed to balance the game or something!

I shall play! See you all there!
Dubarton Edition *points* Ferghus Is Tir, Next Time Patchy, Next Time.
Beepuke

Post by Beepuke »

I'm going to try to make this one

edit: ah nevermind, i won't be home
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

I'll do it
TaoSekai

Post by TaoSekai »

I'll have resumed Mabinogi by that time. I'm in! :D
Dusky

Post by Dusky »

Ill sign up to this as well unsure if I can make it on that day though but ill try.
somecoolguy

Post by somecoolguy »

ahm all up for it