[Event][Impra Knight Jousting Contest]

Site-related announcements and stuff.
Soluna

[Event][Impra Knight Jousting Contest]

Post by Soluna »

With the new jousting content addition, is time to take up the lance and take the battle to the Jousting Arena!

Dates and Times:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registrations Time Frame:
6/28/2010-7/03/2010 11:59 PM PST

Actual Event Date:
7/4/2010, 1:30 PM PST Meet Up, 3:00PM PST Tournament Begins (May be Scheduled to Change*)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taillteann Channel 4 Town Square

What to Bring and How To Apply:
Only thing you are required to have is gold to pay Lileas for the practice matches.
To apply for the tournament simply make a post in the thread saying you are interested or send a note to Solar in the game.
Although it is an event decided to be opened to guild only, we have changed to public now so people are welcome to invite friends who might be interested. Be sure to inform them about the rules/date/location and any other miscellaneous details (Guild Members will Get Priority in Participation in Case of Too Many Participants).

Rules/Game Play:
1. Just Like Normal Jousting Game, Nothing Special About It.
2. Matches will be best 2/3.
3. Final Match will be best 3/5.
4. Tournament Brackets will be determined by drawing tickets.

Prizes:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Place: 50k + Random Dye x1 + Holy Water x15
2nd Place: 30k + Holy Water x15
3rd Place: 20k + Holy Water x10
Patchy

Re: [Event][Impra Knight Jousting Contest]

Post by Patchy »

I would prefer that a single match be determined by at least best 3 out of 5 rounds, or preferably best 4 out of 7 rounds, just because how short a single round of jousting is. Setting the higher number of winning rounds entails more turns of situations where the RPS actually matters, which means more opportunities of comeback for the probably losing side, and more consistent wins for the eventual winner.

Also, it just occurred to me this jousting isn't really a game for spectating, since the audience can't see what moves the two players use in each turn.
youknowwhoiam

Post by youknowwhoiam »

we have to play practice matches for the tournament?
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Patchy wrote:I would prefer that a single match be determined by at least best 3 out of 5 rounds, or preferably best 4 out of 7 rounds, just because how short a single round of jousting is. Setting the higher number of winning rounds entails more turns of situations where the RPS actually matters, which means more opportunities of comeback for the probably losing side, and more consistent wins for the eventual winner.

Also, it just occurred to me this jousting isn't really a game for spectating, since the audience can't see what moves the two players use in each turn.
You can't see the moves they pick, but you can still see the outcome. :P

I'm in!
youknowwhoiam

Post by youknowwhoiam »

also if you know the damages of the letters you can determine what people are playing actually
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

youknowwhoiam wrote: we have to play practice matches for the tournament?
No, I meant as in the matches will be held using the practice with friend option through my wife, not as in you have to win practice matches.
Patchy wrote:I would prefer that a single match be determined by at least best 3 out of 5 rounds, or preferably best 4 out of 7 rounds, just because how short a single round of jousting is. Setting the higher number of winning rounds entails more turns of situations where the RPS actually matters, which means more opportunities of comeback for the probably losing side, and more consistent wins for the eventual winner.

You can always social engineering around during the competition...
youknowwhoiam

Post by youknowwhoiam »

Soluna wrote:
Patchy wrote: we have to play practice matches for the tournament?
No, I meant as in the matches will be held using the practice with friend option through my wife, not as in you have to win practice matches.
that was me not patchy, and you only have to pay gold to practice with an npc through your "wife"
You can always social engineering around during the competition...
patchy can do that anywhere anytime
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

youknowwhoiam wrote:
Soluna wrote:
Patchy wrote: we have to play practice matches for the tournament?
that was me not patchy, and you only have to pay gold to practice with an npc through your "wife"
You are right it is fixed.

And that is what exactly was said in the outline of the tournament:
"Only thing you are required to have is gold to pay Lileas for the practice matches."
Unlike the Fashion contest where you can host your own tournament/contest with 100k, there's no tournament/contest option for jousting. Therefore, it will be done through practice with a friend option.
youknowwhoiam

Post by youknowwhoiam »

you only have to pay gold to practice with an npc
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

youknowwhoiam wrote:
you only have to pay gold to practice with an npc
I think there's a misunderstanding.

Are the preliminary matches? >No, there's no practice matches for the tournament. But the tournament itself hosted though practice mode.

You only have to pay gold to practice with an npcs> Yes, you only have to pay against NPCs, we all know that.

Why the gold then? >Yes, you might have to pay to play against the NPCs when there is an uneven match up numbers.

I hope that clears it up now.