[Event] Sumo Wrestling!

Site-related announcements and stuff.
Aegis

[Event] Sumo Wrestling!

Post by Aegis »

New event, sponsored by me.

Dates and Times:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Registrations Time Frame:
10/07/2010-10/29/2010 11:59 PM PST

Actual Event Date:
10/30/2010, 1:30 PM PST Meet Up, 3:00PM PST Tournament Begins (May be Scheduled to Change*)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emain Macha Channel 4 right side of Church

What to Bring and How To Apply:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring yourself that is all you need. To apply post in this thread. I will not accept notes to be in this event, as i rarely read them.

Rules/Game Play:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Through a random selection you will be paired against an opponent.
2) You will request a duel and set the dmg% for 0. Youre not aiming to kill/knockout opponent here.
3) The judge, yours truly will be in the fighting area while all others will be in out of bounds area.
4) The goal is to knock your opponent out of the designated ring. The "ring" is designated by the following pictures.
5) You may NOT use clothes weapons anything. You MAY NOT wear a robe. The aim is to go in your underwear and possibly bulk up your avatar to intimidate your opponent.
6) Should you "beat" your opponent through depleting their HP, you will be declared the winner although it is much easier to knock them out of the semi-circle.
7) You may use any skills with the exception of the following: Hide, Play dead, Windmill, Final hit, Magic skills, demigod skills, Transformation skills, and throwing rock.
8) The tournament match up will be drawing tickets at the event day.
9) Failure to comply with the judge's rulings will result in a disqualification.

Please post any questions in this thread.

Prizes:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Place: 300k + Random Dye x1
2nd Place: 100k + Full Recovery Potion x2
3rd Place: 60k + Holy water x10
All Participants: Holy Water x4
Last edited by Aegis on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IceFireLight

Re: [Event] Sumo Wrestling!

Post by IceFireLight »

As far as I know I should be there :D
Patchy

Post by Patchy »

Cool event! I like your choice of the ring! Maybe I'll come to spectate.

However, I think you should make it illegal to participate with robes on. Real sumo wrestlers go at it in their loin cloths/underwear only! And to be even more accurate about the sumo wrestling, you should probably fatten up your characters considerably!

Also, I think you could have explained the rules better by just listing out the small set of skills you are allowed to use:
normal attacks, Smash, Defense, Counter, Evasion
*And for giants additionally: Charge, Stomp, Taunt

Did I miss anything else?
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

I agree robes should be against the rules and will amend them shortly. It's the player's choice if they wanna fatten up, so i can't make them.

Otherwise yeah that's about it.
Alarya

Post by Alarya »

This sounds cool! :D But I'm out on that day sadly. :(
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Due to some unforeseen circumstances i'm going to have to postpone the event till the 30th of October. Hopefully you will all be free then.
Beepuke

Post by Beepuke »

Count me in!
Alarya

Post by Alarya »

Argh!!!! Still can't go. Freaking band.. >:(
Dhamphyr

Post by Dhamphyr »

I'd like to sign up for the event.