[Guide] Obtaining Fighter Skill

Share and study Mabinogi knowledge in the form of guides, advice, etc.
Kenero

Re: [Guide] Obtaining Fighter Skill

Post by Kenero »

So the girl you treat kindly the best will fall in love with you?

But I am guessing it has to be a girl you either give gifts to or the girl you choose to help her make the gift (not make the gift?) for Kai.

Though seriously, what is with all these female characters loving and falling in love with you. What is your character is female? Really now...

And g15 almost had an NTR end, too bad you're just an unspoken silent hero who doesn't care for love.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote:So the girl you treat kindly the best will fall in love with you?
I actually have no clue... because some players are saying they treat one of them the best but didn't end up with her. And all 3 of them actually wants to be with Kai, is just one will be friend with you in the end. I ended up with Cecil because I guess I made a better dish? Not sure... it was awfully hard to make a good dish at level 18 with rF cooking with the bar shaking so much... I don't even know how I got 4Star on that dish. It may also have to do with the ingredients, I am not sure... because when you go to the NPC to obtain ingredients you get 2 options as well...

There are !@#$ ?!?!?! parts like when the Imp was going to give you 10k Ducat for defeating Hubert but only gave you 3300 because it said Mina and Kai helped so they should get portion of the reward and "claim" will give them the reward when it sees the two again. And those girls and those description... I though Portia was bad... anyway I think people should just do it themselves if it does come out in NA.

Make no mistake though, it is definitely like a galgame...

I also forgot to mention if you help the girls cook you will gain rF cooking skill automatically and the book to learn Boil.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Soluna wrote:
Kenero wrote:So the girl you treat kindly the best will fall in love with you?
I actually have no clue... because some players are saying they treat one of them the best but didn't end up with her. And all 3 of them actually wants to be with Kai, is just one will be friend with you in the end. I ended up with Cecil because I guess I made a better dish? Not sure... it was awfully hard to make a good dish at level 18 with rF cooking with the bar shaking so much... I don't even know how I got 4Star on that dish. It may also have to do with the ingredients, I am not sure... because when you go to the NPC to obtain ingredients you get 2 options as well...

There are !@#$ ?!?!?! parts like when the Imp was going to give you 10k Ducat for defeating Hubert but only gave you 3300 because it said Mina and Kai helped so they should get portion of the reward and "claim" will give them the reward when it sees the two again. And those girls and those description... I though Portia was bad... anyway I think people should just do it themselves if it does come out in NA.

Make no mistake though, it is definitely like a galgame...

I also forgot to mention if you help the girls cook you will gain rF cooking skill automatically and the book to learn Boil.
It won't be long until we will be forced to marry an npc...

God save the man/woman who ends up with a yandere npc. May their characters live to see another day with everyone still alive.

Thanks for the guide. =)
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

On the picture thing, is it possible to click on the picture itself as a hyperlink to just the picture?
I would say just go back and change it and I'll stop using IE9, but visitors using IE9 will be less likely to stay
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Yeah, I had a fancy resize mod before, but long story short, it was messy and made it a pain in the butt to do maintenance on the forum. Had to mess with the database to get rid of the bugs it introduced. It wouldn't even uninstall without putting up a fight! x( But I just checked and they've released a new version with bug fixes and whatnot, so maybe I'll take a look at it again. The resize function was nice when it didn't break the forum behind the scenes. D:

I just implemented a simple image-width limit using CSS. It'll limit any image on the forum to the width of its container (for example, post, or siggy, etc). A fairly elegant solution, with the only drawback being that the user would have no obvious way of knowing that the image was resized to begin with. That said, you can always right click -> view image for the original, in case the resized version has unreadable text or something. Let me know if you think this is an acceptable solution.

As for making images clickable, that would require more extensive modification, and I dunno if it's worth it.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Yea, someone in Nation actually, and well I do too, that we will get the Rush of Love, because of what Nexon said.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Yoorah wrote:Yeah, I had a fancy resize mod before, but long story short, it was messy and made it a pain in the butt to do maintenance on the forum. Had to mess with the database to get rid of the bugs it introduced. It wouldn't even uninstall without putting up a fight! x( But I just checked and they've released a new version with bug fixes and whatnot, so maybe I'll take a look at it again. The resize function was nice when it didn't break the forum behind the scenes. D:

I just implemented a simple image-width limit using CSS. It'll limit any image on the forum to the width of its container (for example, post, or siggy, etc). A fairly elegant solution, with the only drawback being that the user would have no obvious way of knowing that the image was resized to begin with. That said, you can always right click -> view image for the original, in case the resized version has unreadable text or something. Let me know if you think this is an acceptable solution.

As for making images clickable, that would require more extensive modification, and I dunno if it's worth it.
that actually worked perfectly
i wouldn't worry about making images clickable now that they fit in the window
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote:Yea, someone in Nation actually, and well I do too, that we will get the Rush of Love, because of what Nexon said.
Frankly, I no longer trust what Nexon says... Their main problem is they say something and does something else.

Also, I should mention that windmill range is decreased when using Knuckles if people didn't realize yet.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

Soluna wrote:
Kenero wrote:Yea, someone in Nation actually, and well I do too, that we will get the Rush of Love, because of what Nexon said.
Frankly, I no longer trust what Nexon says... Their main problem is they say something and does something else.

Also, I should mention that windmill range is decreased when using Knuckles if people didn't realize yet.
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/View.asp ... ntNo=00Dxa
Nexon NA wrote:Along with this new Destiny is a brand new questline to help you unlock the secrets of this fighting style. Help a master Fighter overcome the challenges of his training, defeat the bandits that threaten the nearby populace, and find love in the unlikeliest of places.
We're hoping that small sentence it is the Rush of Love.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote: We're hoping that small sentence it is the Rush of Love.
Most likely it is because we actually have the achievement in the journal as well.

However, I am just saying that you would expect that the things stated from Nexon would be Fact but they turn out to be nothing more than Hypothesis most the time and is not just a one time thing. I mean if they themselves cannot hold their own words how is it different than Player saying G16 Macbeth will be released in 5/31! or Season 2 will be implemented on 6/12! Not that I blaming them for delaying or anything of course.

I dunno, I guess I am just saying I expect more professionalism from them because it is not that hard to make an announcement stating patch/updates will be delayed when it has to, and it is also not good just to say things like "o yea it will be released later in _____." but then it ends up to be empty promises. However, I suppose that serves as good smoke grenade to divert people's attention at times.