[Guide] Grandmaster Test Basic Structure

Share and study Mabinogi knowledge in the form of guides, advice, etc.
Soluna

[Guide] Grandmaster Test Basic Structure

Post by Soluna »

When you reach level 15 in a particular talent you can attempt to the Grandmaster test to reach level 16.

1. You will receive 3 test quest per day.
2. You are only able to take test if your current talent is level 15 and if you have corresponding test talent at level 15.
3. By completing a test quest you will receive a Grandmaster Seal of the talent you chose. You must collect 20 to be eligible to become a Grandmaster.
4. You must also purchase the Approval Document from Lezzaro (1mil Gold, in reality 1.05mil because bank transactions).
5. Test quest resets on 7am each day in real life.

Now... about the test quest, there's a general pattern for different talent and some special one for particular talents such as smithing etc... In general they divide into 3 types and you will be given 1 of each every day.

Basic 3 type of quest for most talent:
Type 1. Shadow Mission Quests-
This is the same first quests for combat, magic, range, battle alchemy, fighter, lance, bard, and transmute alchemy talents. There is 2 sub category in this... they are divided into 1 person solo mission and 1~4 person party mission.
For 1 person solo mission: 7 waves, each wave will have 1 Monster, generally a NPC or some dungeon boss monsters.
For 1~4 Person mission: 12 waves, each wave will have multiple monsters, generally with a NPC and some minion monsters or a group of NPCs.
e.g. Simon + 3 Crystal Golems, or something like Butler x2 + Maid x2, or Dorren + Tabhartas.
Both type have time limit of 90min.

Type 2. Hunting Quests-
This is the same 2nd quest for combat, magic, range, battle alchemy, fighter, lance, bard, and transmute alchemy talents.
Defeat ___ number of monsters. Ranging from spider to hobogoblin to ghouls and wights.

Type 3. Theater Missions or Hunt a Red Dragon-
This is the same third quest for combat, magic, range, battle alchemy, fighter, lance, bard, and transmute alchemy talents. This include Hard Mode Theater Missions, NPC Tournament Final, and Defeat a Red Dragon. Yes, you need to get the finish on the Red Dragon if you receive the Red Dragon quest, there's 3 ways to get it: G8 Final, Monday at Zardine, Secret Mission.

Other type for special talent:
Bard - for Type2, Bard also have the quest use Melody Shock 100times in addition to the hunting quests.

Bless - for Type2, Bless Type2 Quest is to use Heal 50 times or Party Heal 100 times.

Transmute Alchemy - for Type2, Transmute also have the quest use 50 synthesis or 50 fragmentation successfully.

Smithing - For Type1, you have to smith particular items (Just smith, finish product will not be taken from you) items include:
1. Bracer Knuckle x1
2. Knight Lance x1 + Lion Lance x1
3. Pickaxe x2 + Smith Hammer x2
4. Broadsword x2 + Gladius x2
5. Falcata x2 + Dragon Fang x2

Type2, you have to mine certain amount of ores, yes, mine only, no metallurgy allowed and mythril is included.

Type3, refine ore into ingots.

Commerce - For Type1, give Lezzaro 50k Ducats (no, is not bribes really..)
For Type2 - defeat 100 Bandits
For Type3 - either Type1 or Type2 again.

Cook - For Type1, it will be a Cooking Dungeon, you must pass the dungeon, quality doesn't matter.
For Type2, Collect food materials such as milk, egg, potatoes. (Beware of collection for 30 Milk if you don't have much space.)
Type3, Cook the dish the quest requires.

Tailor - Type1, Tailor the given items, Type2, Shear for wool, Type3, Weave the materials the quest requires.

Pharmacy - Type1 and Type3, Make specific potion, Type2, Collect specific Herbs,

Carpentry - Type1, make certain quality firewood, Type2, collect certain amount of firewood, Type3, Make certain bows (Yes, it may ask you to make highlander bow or arblest)

Travel - Type1, defeat certain iria dungeon boss monster, Type2, defeat certain monsters or complete a certain dungeon (Includes Peaca Int), Type3, fish out certain amount of fishes.
radionoise

Re: [Guide] Grandmaster Test Basic Structure

Post by radionoise »

Soluna wrote:2. The quest you receive will based on your talent, e.g. if you have both Combat and Magic at level 15 and have your talent set as Magic, you will receive the test quests for Magic Grandmaster
Small questions about this.

1. Does this mean that you can only take quests for the talent you rebirthed as (like not being able to do warrior grandmaster test if you are mage talent for that week)?

2. If you are already a grandmaster (archer, for example) can you rebirth into a different talent (like blacksmith) and keep grandmaster bonuses for archer?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote: 1. Does this mean that you can only take quests for the talent you rebirthed as (like not being able to do warrior grandmaster test if you are mage talent for that week)?
Yes.
radionoise wrote: 2. If you are already a grandmaster (archer, for example) can you rebirth into a different talent (like blacksmith) and keep grandmaster bonuses for archer?
I assume yes... but I haven't heard any one test yet in risk of losing.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

How do grandmasters of hidden titles work? Can you even get grandmaster on them? Or is it like, if you have grandmaster on one of the talents required to get the title, you get the grandmaster version of it?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

radionoise wrote: 1. Does this mean that you can only take quests for the talent you rebirthed as (like not being able to do warrior grandmaster test if you are mage talent for that week)?
Actually... I saw reports that you can get the other talent's quest apparently for some? But there are also reports saying you can't... so... I think is that say if you have lvl 15 combat and lvl 14 magic talent then no, if you change to magic talent you cannot take the either grand master test. If you have combat talent you can take the combat grandmaster test but not the magic grandmaster test. Basically my hypothesis is that it use your current talent to see if you are eligible to take the test, and use the corresponding talent to see if you are qualified to take that particular test.
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

I'm currently doing the black smithing grand master tests.
So far they have been:
Type 3: Refine 20 silver ingots. Deliver 20 silver ingots.
Refine 15 gold ingots. Deliver 15 gold ingots
Refine 30 iron ingots. Deliver 30 iron ingots.
Type 2: Mine 100 iron ore. Deliver 100 iron ore.
Mine 50 copper ore. Deliver 50 copper ore.
Mine 30 silver ore. Deliver 30 silver ore.
Mine 50 Mythril ore. Deliver 50 Mythril ore.

I'll edit this post more as i get more.