[Guide] Mabinogi Tank Posible? =o

Share and study Mabinogi knowledge in the form of guides, advice, etc.
Erich

[Guide] Mabinogi Tank Posible? =o

Post by Erich »

Head-
Mythril Lance Heavy Helmet(3 def, 1 protection)
Enchants:Burgundy Bear(+1 def +1 protection) Healer(+15 hp)

Body-
Mythril Lance Heavy Armor -16 def, 11 protection 15% auto melee, 20% auto range
Enchants:Defensive(+4 def), Oak Tree(+6 Def)
Ideal Reforge:

Arms-
Mythril Lance Heavy Gloves (3 def, 1 protection)

Legs-
Mythril Lance Heavy Shoes(3 def, 2 protection)

Sheild-
Shield of Avon(+16 def(+15 hidden def) +6 protection
Enchants:Guardian(+4 def) Giant:(+5 def)

Weapon-
Cylinder
Enchants:Defensive(+4 def) Lifesaver(+20 hp)

things to rank:
R1 Def
R1 combat mastery
R6 mana shield
R6 first aid
R1 barrior spike(+12% protection title)

with this setup you would acumulate

63 def + 15 from ranking def, +15 hiden from melee +15 from paly and

24 protection+12 protection from barrior spike

as well as a 20% melee and range auto def, which can be caped even more to 40% and even 65% in transe!

so over all

108 def
36% protection(29 in transe)
20~40 auto def (65 in transe if pally)(meaning +55 def +25 prot if human/elf, 60/40 if giant)
+65 hp

therefor, 76% protection, and 108 def, all the sudden that 5k dmg that normaly woulda killed you gets knocked down to

367 dmg, but with r6 manashield, your total dmg taken is 203 dmg.

I was bored and thought id show ppl that it is very well posible to tank on mabinogi.. just nearly imposible lol, hope you like it :)

P.S. Forgive me for my spelling and grammar and please if i messed up on my math anywhere that you can see, please let me know :)
Soluna

Re: Mabinogi Tank Posible? =o

Post by Soluna »

Just to point out, you don't have to use Mythril Lance set, there are other Armors with those stats like the American Winning Design Contest's Centuarion Armor set or the newly added Dark Knight Armor set in Japan Eweca gachas are all armors with those stats (Except they are all not on NA, with exception to Centuarion). You can probably extend it further with animal transformation such as transform into armor bear to get 80% more protection or crystal golems to get 40% more defense.
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Or just high level mana shield reforge. It'll probably reduce damage taken further than anything else available while still allowing you to keep your offensive potential.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

The main problem I see in your calculations is that you're looking for defense, not protection. Defense<Protection. Have 99 defense and take 500 damage, that's 401 final damage. Have 99 protection and that's 5 damage. Have 100.0 or more protection, all damage is reduced to 1s.

Edit: There are currently ways to get over 100% protection and believe it or not, clothing + 2 accessories>Heavy Armor, even Mythril Lance
Last edited by Kapra on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Psy wrote:The main problem I see in your calculations is that you're looking for defense, not protection. Defense<Protection. Have 99 defense and take 500 damage, that's 401 final damage. Have 99 protection and that's 5 damage. Have 100.0 or more protection, all damage is reduced to 1s.
this is true, but protection enchants tend to be on the low end, but i guess that would help more so against stronger things :)
Sky

Post by Sky »

Erich wrote:
Psy wrote:The main problem I see in your calculations is that you're looking for defense, not protection. Defense<Protection. Have 99 defense and take 500 damage, that's 401 final damage. Have 99 protection and that's 5 damage. Have 100.0 or more protection, all damage is reduced to 1s.
this is true, but protection enchants tend to be on the low end, but i guess that would help more so against stronger things :)
And if anything, you usually need a tank on stronger things
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote: Edit: There are currently ways to get over 100% protection
Yes, get to it then <_< ?

2/1 Metal Helm + 0/1 Burgundy Bear ES -> 2/2
0/2 Acc + 1/3 Taurus ES x2 -> 1/5 x2 -> 2/10
[A+ Tailor Cloth: Def +1, Pro+2, Dura +5], 3/3 Upgrade Path + Reactive ES +0/3 -> 4/8
1/1 Metal Hand + 0/4 Deep ES -> 1/5
2/1 Metal Boots + 0/1 Burgundy Bear ES -> 2/2
[Deep Cylinder from old Gacha] -> 0/4
Avon Shield with Guardian Colonel ES -> 20/8
--------------------------------------------------------------
2/2 + 2/10 + 4/8 + 1/5 +2/2 +0/4 +20/8 -> 31/39

Reforge Max Level 5 Protection on Head, Glove, Boots, Shield, Body -> +0/25

Enduring Melody Bonus -> +11/5

Barrier Spike Title -> +12 Protection

Black Seasoning -> +5/2

39 + 25 + 5 +12 + 2 -> 81% protection

Nope... not over 100... but more than enough to use with 80% protection bonus from Transformation, you only need 55 to reach 99 protection anyway. Though... that's assuming the bonus accounts for enchanting bonuses...
Sky

Post by Sky »

time to make a tank giant
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Soluna wrote:Nope... not over 100... but more than enough to use with 80% protection bonus from Transformation, you only need 55 to reach 99 protection anyway. Though... that's assuming the bonus accounts for enchanting bonuses...
You're forgetting Holy Flame, which is +7% if you put it on everything, an extra +1% if it can go on robes (doubtful), and another +4% if it can go on Falias treasures (even less likely). But besides that, you're right.

And sorry, I forgot to factor out the +10% from two protection reforges which is unconfirmed to come from accessories. But if accessories were protection-reforgable and you were to utilize the golem enchant and be under lvl15, you would be able to reach over 100 prot without shapeshifting (but with transformation) assuming you're an elf or giant. As Erich said, unlikely but still possible.

But still, 12%prot>100 defense when it matters. (Such as dragons and etc.)
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Protection:
Headgear - 4% at r1
Body - 5% at r1
Glove - 5% at r1 (but really, not getting MS reduction here?)
Shoes - 5% at r1
Shield - 5% at r1
Accessory - 3% at r1
Source (takes forever to load without KR proxy):
http://www.mabinogi.pe.kr/bbs/zboard.ph ... c&no=21476

If they stack regardless of an additive level cap, then you can get up to 30%. But again, mana shield reforge with high int will already make you a better tank than most people who gear themselves for tanking without sacrificing any damage.