[Guide] Life Skills Dan Special Effect

Share and study Mabinogi knowledge in the form of guides, advice, etc.
Kenero

[Guide] Life Skills Dan Special Effect

Post by Kenero »

For those who don't know, you can take Advance Assessment for dan ranks for specific skills on every 5th day of the month (i.e. May 5, May 10, May 15). When you take these exams, you get the training to go Dan 1, Dan 2, Dan 3 (in order from lowest being Dan 1, to highest Dan 3) which is technically above rank 1 and you get a neat prefix title to showcase it.

While these titles are normally useless and not worth it, for life skills it's a different story.

Look here:

In this image, I am currently Rank 1 with the training to go to dan 1. My success rate for a rank 1 manual (Masamune) is currently 85%.

But here in this image once I ranked up:

My success rate jumped up to 86%... which is +1% more because technically, my rank is ABOVE rank 1, so for the manuals, I am +1 rank ahead.

What this means is that having dan ranks will INCREASE your success rank since you're technically a rank above. You can get as far as dan 3, meaning 3 ranks ahead of rank 1, and overall 3 ranks for the lower ranks.

Also note: You do not need master title to benefit from this. You just need the rank and you can enjoy the increased success rate.

This is just some interesting tidbits for people who have rank 1 life skills (that you can get dan in the advancement arena) and have the free AP to get dan 1 - 3.

With that said, happy testing to those who are competing in life skills dan.
Aegis

Re: [Guide] Life Skills Dan Special Effect

Post by Aegis »

Good luck finding 3 r1 blacksmiths.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Aegis wrote:Good luck finding 3 r1 blacksmiths.
They're a lot more abundant now with those lv10 Blacksmithing EXP reforged hammers floating around.
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

nandattebayo wrote:
Aegis wrote:Good luck finding 3 r1 blacksmiths.
They're a lot more abundant now with those lv10 Blacksmithing EXP reforged hammers floating around.
Mhm... and I wouldn't have gotten dan 1 blacksmith if there weren't people at the testing arena waiting to take it. xD