[Guide] Knight Jousting

Share and study Mabinogi knowledge in the form of guides, advice, etc.
Soluna

[Guide] Knight Jousting

Post by Soluna »

New Mini Game Added in G10S1, where players can enjoy some medieval jousting action.

Stats, Equipment, Title, Enchants doesn't affect the competition.

You can talk to the NPC Lilys(Lileas) to register for the competition.

Competition Time:
Mon~Sat. 7PM in real life time, the preliminaries will be held, player with 2 wins will receive ticket to go to the finals.

Competition limit is 64 participant per channel ( so 64 * 7 total ), chosen from the order of apply ( apply first wins! ).

Finals are during Sunday 7 PM, KR is set to channel 8, but JP is channel 5. The participants is limited to 64 players as well, so be there to apply first.

Competition Flow:
Both player will have a health bar, the player who lose all health loses the competition. The game uses AWSD keys as input like rock paper and scissor.

W: Power Pierce
A: Quick Pierce
S: Upper Body Pierce
D: Dual Hand Pierce

At first you are allowed to use any of the 4 skills, but subsequent move will be limited depend on the skill you used previously. Which is you are not allowed to use 2 of the same skill. E.G. If you use A as your first attack, you cannot use A on the 2nd attack.

The win lose pattern is the following:
A: Beats W and D
W: Beats D
S: Beats A
D: Beats S

In addition to this, there's also Race Special Moves. Different Race (Human, Elf, Giant) have different special move that can do x2 the damage to the opponent.

The race combo:
Human: First use A, then Use W on the next move.
Elf: Tie with the opponent (Meaning both use the same skill), then use A on the next move.
Giant: First use W, the use S on the next move.

Competition Rewards:
By competing in the Jousting Tournament, you will receive Joust Points to exchange for rewards.
Finals Champion: 96 Points
Finals 2nd Place: 42 Points
Winning a Match in the Finals: 9 Points
Losing a Match in the Finals: 3 Points
Winning a Match in the Preliminary: 3 Points
Losing a Match in the Preliminary: 1 Point

The prize you can exchange is the following:
(All Items Are Not Trade-Able Except for the Dagger of Gladiator. All Weapons Are Not Enchant-Able, Repairable, Pet-Able, Upgrade-Able. All Armors are Enchant-Able, Upgrade-Able, and Repair-Able).

Metal Arrows x100: (Damage + 20) ~2 Points
Metal Bolts x100: (Damage + 20) ~ 2 Points
Long Javelin x3: (Damage + 400) ~ 2 Points
Dagger of Gladiator: Normal Dagger with Gladiator Enchant ~ 35 Points
Battle Sword: 32~92 dmg 17% crit 13 dura ~35 Points
Elven Long Bow: 24~55 dmg 31% crit 10 dura ~ 40 Points
Claymore: 101~167 dmg 25% crit 17dura ~ 50 points
Spaika Silver Plate Armor: 6/4, 19dura, 15% melee/range PD, Poison Resist +4 ~175 Points
Rose Plate Armor: 6/4, 19dura, 15% melee/range PD, Poison Resist +4 ~175 Points
Holy Moon Armor(M/F): 6/4, 21dura, 15% melee/range PD, Poison Resist +4 ~190 Points

In addition, You will receive the Gladiator Title when you have won 30 Matches total in Preliminary or the Finals.

="=;; sorry for the no pictures, but I am too lazy to upload them and stuff...
youknowwhoiam

Re: [Guide] Knight Jousting

Post by youknowwhoiam »

those weapons would be nice if they were repairable and storable

those javelins are really really nice, makes a giant do more range damage than one of my ar shots

the holy moon armor is complete hacks, 21 dura and 15% pd? for that repair cost? it may be one of the newbiest and ugliest armors in the game from an npc, but i'd wear that one
youknowwhoiam

Post by youknowwhoiam »

if i get two prelim wins can i still take on more prelims before the tourny to rack up points for that sexy armor, wins for title, and to prevent players from both of those things as well as tournament eligibility?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

youknowwhoiam wrote:if i get two prelim wins can i still take on more prelims before the tourny to rack up points for that sexy armor, wins for title, and to prevent players from both of those things as well as tournament eligibility?
Yes
youknowwhoiam

Post by youknowwhoiam »

turns out those armors aren't nearly as good as they could have and should have been
what was i thinking expecting anything less than fail from derpCAT