Mabinogi 2 or something or other

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Armelle

Re: Mabinogi 2 or something or other

Post by Armelle »

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/11/gstar ... nd-ncsoft/
completely unsurprised,and the interest meter drops further.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Why is this a bad thing? I thought NCsoft was a highly regarded online game developer.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Yoorah wrote:Why is this a bad thing? I thought NCsoft was a highly regarded online game developer.
if by highly regarded you mean spending a large budget of money on constantly releasing games with more style than substance(generic korean grinders with pay to play subscriptions)
then sure,they are very highly regarded.

and thats not even mentioning how butthurt they got when the developers of lineage 3(i assume it was canned by this time) decided to make tera.
not that tera went anywhere,probably because they sued them out the ass for using similar concepts.

they haven't really done anything good outside of making some pretty virtual worlds to grind in.

that and i also feel that they didnt need to be involved with it, like at all.
itd be like square enix partnering with NIS, doesn't work that way.

i wanna say they are like the activision of mmo's, but im sure theres a better analogy.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Soluna wrote:I'd probably pick project NT over arena though...

Saw this one too, I'm actually interested in it, albeit there's not much in the teaser that it offers. I don't like the combat, or at least so far there wasn't much to see. Could wait for a better gameplay...
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Sky wrote:this one too, I'm actually interested in it, albeit there's not much in the teaser that it offers. I don't like the combat, or at least so far there wasn't much to see. Could wait for a better gameplay...
from what i remember its suposed to be similar to pokemon except you can fight too.
my memory is a bit hazy so dont quote me on this.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Armelle wrote:
Sky wrote:this one too, I'm actually interested in it, albeit there's not much in the teaser that it offers. I don't like the combat, or at least so far there wasn't much to see. Could wait for a better gameplay...
from what i remember its suposed to be similar to pokemon except you can fight too.
Well that does sound more interesting
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

oh boy another generic pretty mmo
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Project NT looks amazing to me!
Again, there's not much to see just from the trailer, but the cellshading and charming MIDI music hit me right in the nostalgia.
Combat looks more like a solo console JRPG too. Pokemon with the trainer fighting along with sounds interesting.
somecoolguy

Post by somecoolguy »

Armelle wrote:
I've been waiting for this all my life. Excited like a schoolgirl rite nao.

i'mquotingyouonthis
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

http://www.steparu.com/latest-news/968- ... d-trailers
ill admit, the art is pretty nice when you get past the strange goddess/god redesigns
i feel like they forgot about :fantasy life,especially when they put :arena on the title, but that campfire image adds at least a little hope.
granted it looks more like diablo with the trailer camera viewpoints...