[Warning] Inventory Bag can cause Black Robe

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Sky

Re: [Warning] Inventory Bag can cause Black Robe

Post by Sky »

It's most likely some error in handling the information (possibly inventory out of range or such). Probably something they didn't really account for with the initial development of the game about inventory being this extensively huge.
Black robe happens anyways when there's an error catch anyways (since sometimes they are location related (i.e. invalid position) or somethin')...
Since every time you log in / change channel, the information gets reloaded, it was how the information of your inventory was stored that would've been the problem.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Benier wrote: Well in addition to the 150 boxes, I had 6 ducat bags, one alchemy bag, one 8X6 bag, one 8X10 bag all full. It's hard to say which would have been the problem haha.
Well we can just count... Assuming the six ducat bags you had is the medium bag is which gives 5x6 = 30 having six is 180. one 8x6 is 48 spaces.
One alchemy bag gives 3x9 = 27, one 8x10 bag gives 80.
And that would be 180 + 27 + 80 + 48 = 335 then account the personal space which is 60 * 3(General, Special, VIP) = 180 that would make it 335 +180 = 515... which is over 500.
So yea... if you fill them all up you probably will get black robed...

Base on the testing in the video was with 13 potion bags which is 4x7 = 28 => 364 and then adding the bag's spaces which is 2x2x13= 52 equals 416 which didn't create the black robe situation so he had to open VIP to buy 1 VIP Bag (3x2) that gives 6x8 and 1 8x6 bag(4x2). That makes it 48 + 6 + 48 + 8 = 110 and 110 + 416 = 526 which is over 500 as well.

But yea... this is not the only way to get black robed.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Any news on progress of this issue?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Any news on progress of this issue?
Character were fixed, bug itself I do not know.