[Warning] Inventory Bag can cause Black Robe

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Soluna

[Warning] Inventory Bag can cause Black Robe

Post by Soluna »

This is a bug stumbled upon by TW players in Bahamut.

Basically the problem seem to be from the inventory bags in game where if the character holds too much items then it can cause the character to black robe/locked out.

Here's the recording of the video:

The video ended when the player tries to channel change because he crashed afterwards.

When attempt to re-log the player gets 30 second error with attempt to log in, after clearing the cache data in the cache folder the player become black robed.

In the video the player is using the 13 Potion Bags from the Ducat Shop, 4 Alchemy Crystal Bags and 1 Personal Shop Inventory Bag. All the bags are filled with items shown in the video which created the black robe situation.

While it is unlike people will have this many bags and load every bag full, it does show the potential problem that the character data can crash that as long as you hold too much items that exceed the data limit.

This has been forwarded to Nexon to be looked into, but in the mean time beware of having too many inventory bags filling up.
Sky

Re: [Warning] Inventory Bag can cause Black Robe

Post by Sky »

dat inventory.
Benier

Post by Benier »

...Wow. I wonder if this is the reason I'm black robed. I had just finished turning turning in equivalent of 150+ boxes worth of torchlight bazaar coupons and after I changed channels I became black robed. Thanks for posting this, would you mind if I attach this post to my ticket?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Benier wrote:...Wow. I wonder if this is the reason I'm black robed. I had just finished turning turning in equivalent of 150+ boxes worth of torchlight bazaar coupons and after I changed channels I became black robed. Thanks for posting this, would you mind if I attach this post to my ticket?
You certainly can, but I can't say if that is the same issues. However, if you were carry many items with the bags or have too many item in temp. space it may be related.

Like I said, I have already informed Sabina to have the team look into it so they probably will be able to verify if it is indeed a problem through replicating it (I don't want to test myself and I don't recommend anyone try it either). This is just to warn player to not go overboard with the bags because it is very likely for player training life skill to carry lots of stack-able items.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

TW Player Experimenting Video:

Full Length 1:27:09 with the process of trying to buy 13 potion bags and all, jump to 1:18:00 for the actual experiment.

http://twitch.tv/kodomo1986/b/315466462

And just to say, this may or may not apply to NA since it could be the way TW handling data differently so this is just a warning and has been forwarded to the team to investigate.
If indeed is a problem I believe they will make notice or something.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

TW today have released a notice:

1. When character inventory is filled with 500+ spaces, character will have the problem with log in. It is advised player not to hold more than 500 spaces of item. There is plan to fix it in future updates.

2. When character have more than two bags in inventory can create problems. Player should removed unnecessary bags. If problem occurs there's no solutions.

Notice Link
Benier

Post by Benier »

2. When character have more than two bags in inventory can create problems. Player should removed unnecessary bags. If problem occurs there's no solutions.
Does that mean if we have two different types of bags in inventory (8x6 and 8X10) it can create problems or does it mean if we have multiple of the same type of bags (multiple ducat bags) it would create problems? Or Both?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Benier wrote: Does that mean if we have two different types of bags in inventory (8x6 and 8X10) it can create problems or does it mean if we have multiple of the same type of bags (multiple ducat bags) it would create problems? Or Both?
Technically they probably meant bags you can only have one at a time but if some how can obtain 2 through abnormal ways. They are actually unclear on it so I am not exactly sure what they are trying to say.

The point to focus on is probably the 500+ space. I am not sure how temporary spaces are accounted but if they are accounted separately without stacking then your case of 150 * 4 = 600 spaces might be related, again I am not an expert on the matter and this is not the only cause of black robing characters all I know is they have concluded having 500+ spaces filled can cause the problem.

Regarding the temporary inventory situation though I would advice just try to clean up the temp inventory before changing channel or log off etc. then you will probably not into such issues.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

So translation: Pay NX for a month to get black robed! 8D

But seriously, I can't imagine even having the need for that many bags... I mean, bags are temporary unless you always buy service, and what happens when you become to reliant on bags and can't continue to buy service? Pets are more efficient space in my opinion.

However, this is quite interesting in that it reminds us that there is a limit to our character data. If DevCAT keeps on adding skills, things like destinies, etc, our maximum inventory limit before being black robed will likely lessen.
Benier

Post by Benier »

Soluna wrote: The point to focus on is probably the 500+ space. I am not sure how temporary spaces are accounted but if they are accounted separately without stacking then your case of 150 * 4 = 600 spaces might be related, again I am not an expert on the matter and this is not the only cause of black robing characters all I know is they have concluded having 500+ spaces filled can cause the problem.
Well in addition to the 150 boxes, I had 6 ducat bags, one alchemy bag, one 8X6 bag, one 8X10 bag all full. It's hard to say which would have been the problem haha.