Money Making nowadays

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Sky

Re: Money Making nowadays

Post by Sky »

Armelle wrote: but like sig said,it does help to have a goal,else youl sit in DB all day like every other person who has too much gold and not enough fashionogi to show off.
only decent method of money making im aware of (without buying gachas) is bless farming and maybe commerce just for the exp and about 10k+gold per go depending on what you carry.
neither are very pleasant.
Yeh yeh. I'm kinda doing ptj for Rano healer and Dunbarton Church... farming holy waters... Although I have no particular use of them... I just kinda got into the "ptj-mode" while doing those farming seeds at Glenis. Well, I'm training music playing as well... And pretty much doing these stuff while programming / studying.
Yoorah wrote:Solar-chan is such a bad influence. :(
He was the nab who told me that ppl have 20mils nowadays >=[
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Acendant wrote:He has a point weasels get ahead in life more often than not, so sad but true Dx
I didn't say that merchants are weasels. I am just saying by nature being a merchant is to take advantage of another, the more you can squeeze out the customer the better merchant you are.

In the world of merchants ethic is not important:
You are trying to sell holy water for 10k, the guy wants to buy just started out and only have 5k, you out of your kindness gave the guy the waters for free. On the other side of the street, someone is selling holy water for 10k, the girl wants to buy it but is short 1k, the seller refuse to sell until she get the other 1k. The girl took some time doing some PTJ and get the 1k and proceed to buy the water.

Better person vs. better merchant... and you don't make money by being a better person. In fact, you probably don't get anything materialistic for being a better person at all.
Yoorah wrote:Solar-chan is such a bad influence. :(
Yes, that's why little kids always run away from me =3=.
Acendant

Post by Acendant »

Oh I wasnt referring you specifically saying they were weasels, im aware that trying to squeeze every single penny out of a situation is good merchanting and as you said ethics do not matter in the eyes of good merchants as profits trumps any good nature. Though weasels do tend to get ahead in the money making world mostly through shrewdness and less than ethical means.