Share Your Little Tricks

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Sky

Share Your Little Tricks

Post by Sky »

Well it has come to my attention there are some things that are normally not known by players. Share in this thread your knowledge!

Simple ones:
* If you hold SHIFT + LEFT CLICK on a money bag or any item that stacks (like potions), you can split the items.
* If you press CTRL + LEFT CLICK on a usable item, you will consume it

Intermediate ones:
[s]* Being in a room full of mimics and one correct chest that contains the key, If you point your mouse on each of the box and press RIGHT CLICK(which rotates the camera), if the pointer doesn't change to rotate-pointer and stays on a closed-fist pointer, then that means it's a mimic.[/s] This got removed on g16s2 update, QQ

OmgstupidNexon ones:
* If you are searching housing with items that contains more than 1 word, use UNDERSCORE instead of SPACE.
Last edited by Sky on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nandattebayo

Re: Share Your Little Tricks

Post by nandattebayo »

Sky wrote: * If you press CTRL + LEFT CLICK on a usable item, you will consume it
Works for buying things from NPCs too.
Sky

Post by Sky »

nandattebayo wrote:
Sky wrote: * If you press CTRL + LEFT CLICK on a usable item, you will consume it
Works for buying things from NPCs too.
Right right, totally forgot to say that.

Another ones that comes to my mind (btw it doesn't matter however simple the tricks are):

Basic ones:
* If you are holding an item and want to put back to your inventory, you can press RIGHT CLICK and it'll automatically place it to the free slot in your inventory (or to it's initial spot where you have taken it if you didn't move anything else). This is especially nice to use when you're retrieving items from the bank.

Intermediate ones (this two seems common sense to regular players but it's nonetheless a trick not mentioned by the game)
* If player A and B are in a party and say, both are somewhere in Uladh and want to go quickly to Dunbarton, have player A mount player B's pet (any mountable pet) and have player B use continent warp to Qilla. Then afterwards, have player A do the same for player B to Dunbarton.
* Similarly with Housing coupons, you can drag another player with this pet mount technique.

Advanced ones:
* You can train your Playing Instrument skill inside a Camp Kit and have unlimited Stamina. Pretty much if you want to afk for a long time. (You might need high campfire skill with this one, I'm not sure)
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Intermediate one:
  • You can also smuggle somebody by the person in the target location going to Avon from that location and the other person going to Avon from anywhere and mounting it on a pet like normal and making the target location person return.
I know there were more that I wanted to all write down somewhere but I have short-term memory loss...
Sky wrote:You can train your Playing Instrument skill inside a Camp Kit and have unlimited Stamina. Pretty much if you want to afk for a long time. (You might need high campfire skill with this one, I'm not sure)
Thanks for sharing that!
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Sky wrote: OmgstupidNexon ones:
* If you are searching housing with items that contains more than 1 word, use UNDERSCORE instead of SPACE.
nexon being hipster
spacebar is too mainstream
...orz
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Just discovered this today, but in Scatach the wolf area, forest of temptation, there is no camping penalty. Nice exp, if you can take em out quick enough.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Aegis wrote:Just discovered this today, but in Scatach the wolf area, forest of temptation, there is no camping penalty. Nice exp, if you can take em out quick enough.
Also good that they drop Shock pages...
Sky

Post by Sky »

Mimic trick is not working anymore... Unless it's just me...
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Beware of Nexon stalking this thread!
You could also identify Mimics by loading Windmill and hovering your mouse cursor over each one to see the change in the icon. Did this get fixed as well?
Sky

Post by Sky »

Yoorah wrote:Beware of Nexon stalking this thread!
You could also identify Mimics by loading Windmill and hovering your mouse cursor over each one to see the change in the icon. Did this get fixed as well?
This still works. Good stuff.