Regarding the Recent Ban

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Soluna

Regarding the Recent Ban

Post by Soluna »

Sabina wrote:There was a large investigation and we had found a great amount of evidence of in-game abuse currently happening that allowed us to take action on many accounts. If you place a ticket you can receive another investigation if you feel you have been wrongfully banned.
They are intentional Bans from Nexon. If you think you are wrongfully banned file a ticket.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: Regarding the Recent Ban

Post by ferghus »

Yep, and I've heard that over 300 accounts got banned. I really do wonder what they got banned for, though. It's nice that Nexon is trying to clean up the game (it's about time), but I just hope that they're doing it right.

EDIT: Looks like it's about duping.
Sabina wrote:People have been duping and gaining mass amounts of gold. We have checked our logs and have found all the people associated with this duped gold. So please place a ticket if you feel you were wrongfully banned and your logs will be checked again.
http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.php? ... 54&nxid=10
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote: EDIT: Looks like it's about duping.
Sabina wrote:People have been duping and gaining mass amounts of gold. We have checked our logs and have found all the people associated with this duped gold. So please place a ticket if you feel you were wrongfully banned and your logs will be checked again.
Yea... is always that...

I think it might have to do with them shutting down the guild stone function of gold withdraw.
Sky

Post by Sky »

^ Should refrain that comment, just in case?

Anyways, I knew it! lol.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Sky wrote:^ Should refrain that comment, just in case?
I dunno, hacking is not my strong suite. I do data analysis, I just think is no coincidence they disabled it awhile ago with a emergency maintenance and then these bans start to happen. I could be completely off.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Soluna wrote:
Sky wrote:^ Should refrain that comment, just in case?
I dunno, hacking is not my strong suite. I do data analysis, I just think is no coincidence they disabled it awhile ago with a emergency maintenance and then these bans start to happen. I could be completely off.
Well, true. If people do attempt to do this anyways, they know at least that there's been mass banning that happened and could risk themselves.