Will Mabinogi run on my netbook?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Galland

Will Mabinogi run on my netbook?

Post by Galland »

It's an HP Compaq Presario, but I've been having troubles connecting on my normal computer. It fits the RAM requirement fine,but is the Intel Pentium 4 1.5 ghz they mention single or dual core? My laptop has a single core 1.66 ghz processor. Atom, I think.

Also, I get a "Cannot connect FTP or server too busy" error when I try to run it on my regular computer. Thanks for any help.
Sky

Re: Will Mabinogi run on my netbook?

Post by Sky »

Would be VERY laggy if it ever runs. But I can see it complain about graphics card.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

The netbook will run Mabi, but it will be painful in some areas. You'll have to avoid graphically intensive places like Tara, as well as crowds. I have an older model, based on the 1.60 GHz Atom CPU.. and that's my experience with it. It's pretty okay in more limited rendering environments like dungeons, however.

I'm not sure why your desktop is giving such an error. Have you tried reinstalling Mabi using the latest installer?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Sky wrote:Would be VERY laggy if it ever runs. But I can see it complain about graphics card.
I use my onboard graphics card and it complains all the time, but it runs fine. The only thing you really need for Mabi is just a decent CPU and RAM. But yes, it will be laggy and complain about the graphics card.
Galland wrote:It's an HP Compaq Presario, but I've been having troubles connecting on my normal computer. It fits the RAM requirement fine,but is the Intel Pentium 4 1.5 ghz they mention single or dual core? My laptop has a single core 1.66 ghz processor. Atom, I think.

Also, I get a "Cannot connect FTP or server too busy" error when I try to run it on my regular computer. Thanks for any help.
In all honesty... I think the recommended is more like the minimum requirement... because being able to run... doesn't mean it is playable. You probably will be able to run on the netbook, but... I would think that can be only a temporary solution.
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

Don't forget solar, you've got a desktop and a modern build, the integrated on those are somewhat decent. Laptops and integrateds tend to be far more on the weaker side. Moreso for netbooks, especially...
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yuneiko wrote:Don't forget solar, you've got a desktop and a modern build, the integrated on those are somewhat decent. Laptops and integrated tend to be far more on the weaker side. Moreso for netbooks, especially...
I know that, but I used to play on laptops before too. Which is why I advised to use it as temporary solution.