Elf in need

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
hen937

Elf in need

Post by hen937 »

I have been playing since america came out though i haven't grind-ed my life away. In a attempt to be decent at the weakest ability i have been playing a combat elf for years and haven't really had any problems. until recently with these new updates and fighter class coming out it making my skills seem less then useful on the battle field. I was wondering what would be better fit for my elf to do more effective damage. The Na sever doesn't have puppet class yet, but that can also be a opinion if you think it will keep me deal the damage and not get killed. I know that you guys have knowledge of classes we don't have and wondering if you guys had any advise for me to fix my build.
Armelle

Re: Elf in need

Post by Armelle »

i want to say fists are pretty much top tier now
people complain about them being single target and junk, but ive honestly never once had an issue wrecking anything that got near me
if you use it creatively its not hard to get around with

personally i think they made ranged less than appealing now, and i mean even before the combat revamp.
but i don't recommend ignoring it,its pretty much my only backup skillset(as an elf) worth a crud unless i were to pour a few months into magic training...wich would be too situational for my tastes anyway.

at the very least,if you did rank a lot of melee as you claim you did,it will go toward your fists in some form or fashion.

in reality though its really up to you what you wanna use, but i can sympathize with your melee being terrible. i pretty much went full melee the moment i got done with ranged and it was less the impressive.
then fists came along and i was pretty happy with them.

solar probably has the flat out stat information for whatever is actually strongest now, though

as for puppet master, ive seen it do some fairly large numbers...but this is also when that new class system came out and stats were uncapped a bit.
that new damage could be standard? i haven't been able to play kr test, its like they erased my account.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Gonna second jb elf's recommendation. Fighter is pretty fun to play, and it's pretty effective. Elves get a slight disadvantage in damage, but make up for it with movement speed, which is probably a lot more useful. You can also use your existing Combat skills as a Fighter very well, just keep in mind that with Knuckles, damage is based on Will and not Str, so you'll find your Smashes and whatnot are gonna do a lot less damage at first. My new Human character is going pure Fighter right now, and I like it so far. Planning on ranking skills like Smash and Assault Slash, to use with Fighter combos.

And I don't think ranged is unappealing. I hear that with reforges, it's pretty much OP. It can't be that bad even without them. :P
hen937

Post by hen937 »

Thanks you for your post the reason i was staying away from fighter in the begging was that i was told i couldn't wear heavy armor with fists and as a elf i was already squishy. I will try working on fighter more and see how i like it. The only downside i can see that is a different from my fransica with R upgrade and avon is the windmill range is really low. At times almost not even noticeable. I am a bit hesitant to take my armor off because i have worn my fox imp dragon armor for what is about a year and never let me down.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Not to say you should just throw away your armor, but having clothes and 2 accessories with 2 protection will probably be more beneficial in the long run, not to mention you can have more enchants on at once. For the most part prot > def
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: solar probably has the flat out stat information for whatever is actually strongest now, though
NX Warrior, past, future, present.
hen937

Post by hen937 »

So elf's don't have any major problems with fighter class, with heavy armor or would you suggest i get light armor and do fighter threw that?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

hen937 wrote:So elf's don't have any major problems with fighter class, with heavy armor or would you suggest i get light armor and do fighter threw that?
You don't have an option in the beginning, since Chain3 skills are disabled if you are Elf/Human wearing heavy armor until you rank Chain Mastery up.

If you really feel uncomfortable being squishy, you can raise Mana Shield to increase your survivability.

When using fighter you don't have to use knuckles to windmill, you can switch back to you axe and shield when needed. Every character have a Main Weapon and a Aux. Weapon, is up to you to decide how you will outfit yourself for different mission/dungeon/quests.

I think the bigger issue would be how you would approach the AP usage on Fighter Skills in which skill to rank first and all, but I cannot provide advise on that because I had enough APs to rank them all once so I ranked them up whenever I can. The others can probably tell you more about it.
hen937

Post by hen937 »

To be honest i used to just take one skills down at a time rather then working on several at once, so that i didn't get distracted and everything be half leveled though i don't know what i rank up first since i never touch the skills except to do the generation.
Achiel

Post by Achiel »

hen937 wrote:Thanks you for your post the reason i was staying away from fighter in the begging was that i was told i couldn't wear heavy armor with fists and as a elf i was already squishy. I will try working on fighter more and see how i like it. The only downside i can see that is a different from my fransica with R upgrade and avon is the windmill range is really low. At times almost not even noticeable. I am a bit hesitant to take my armor off because i have worn my fox imp dragon armor for what is about a year and never let me down.
Probably late to say, but... just to let you know, elves can't wear heavy armor anyway (this is not including the existence of the Dragon Rider Armor). Light armor damage reduction on your chain combos is negligible unless you really want that power. In another post, just clothing will give the highest attack power in terms of "available" enchants for it. Availability is... well, you'll see when you find the page on enchants. (They're hard to get sometimes, and even then I hope you have a high rank enchanter available depending on the enchant rank)