Field Boss spawn times?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Burningsky

Field Boss spawn times?

Post by Burningsky »

(Attempting to) Camp Giant longhorn gnus and black wizard for enchants.

I remember there used to be a way to calculate when field bosses spawned.. but the last time I did that was three years ago, when I was getting my falcon trans e.e

Could someone explain to me how this works? I know there are resources in KR/JP, but I'm not exactly very fluent in either.
Aubog007

Re: Field Boss spawn times?

Post by Aubog007 »

There is no way to calculate small scale field boss times.
None.

The only ones that have a timer are alligator, lion, PD (not sure if RD or DD count), mammoth, yeti, and ifrit.

If there are any others that can be calculated, someone feel free to correct me.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Aubog007 wrote:There is no way to calculate small scale field boss times.
None.

The only ones that have a timer are alligator, lion, PD (not sure if RD or DD count), mammoth, yeti, and ifrit.

If there are any others that can be calculated, someone feel free to correct me.
Pretty sure they all run in an algorithm, just that the bigger ones are more noticeable.
Junradian

Post by Junradian »

Since you have mentioned only Gnus, I will speak.

Giant BIg Horned gnu appears within 10~15 hours (randomly) after server start. (Server start time is not equal to maintenance end time) We call this "First spawn"

After the last one's death, next one appears within 10~15 hours (randomly).

Since spawn times are random, there is no way to find the fixed time table.

if you seek the fixed time table, only Prairie Dragon, Ifrit, Neid, Mammoth, Desert Dragon, Giant Alligator, and Giant Lion are possible.
(Yeti has kind of calculation, but was reported for unexpected random spawn.)

Hope my answer gave you some idea on it.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

What is Server Start?
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Psy wrote:What is Server Start?
time server goes up after maint.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Armelle wrote:
time server goes up after maint.
But he said:
Junradian wrote:(Server start time is not equal to maintenance end time) We call this "First spawn"
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Psy wrote:But he said:
Junradian wrote:(Server start time is not equal to maintenance end time) We call this "First spawn"
probably means when the server actually starts,it goes up before the login servers/the patcher lets you
Jerseyjesus

Post by Jerseyjesus »

I believe the giant alligator spawns once per real life day. But I'm not sure about the other big field bosses. Should ask big guilds like CTRL or Simply. They're usually on those field bosses like white on rice. XD
Junradian

Post by Junradian »

Time when channel server(ch1 2 3 4 5 6 7) actually startup.

Startup time is independent to maintenance end time.

I usually notice they boot up like 1~2 hours earlier than actual maintenance end time. (but sometimes like 5 minutes earlier)