What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Mackinz

What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Post by Mackinz »

In my opinion, the renewals that have come from the last few major updates have made the renewed things significantly more fun and accessible and yadda yadda yadda.

I hope we continue to get renewals. There are certainly many things that could use them. Even though we ultimately have little to no influence over what DevCat/Nexon KR decides to change for updates, I think this would be a good conversation topic, to at least see where each others interests lie.

For example, here's the kind of renewals I'd like to see as I do a lot of life skilling.

Weaving
- The quality of silks and fabrics is no longer determined by chance.
- Can select the quality you desire by clicking, and it will have a fixed chance of creation dependent on your Weaving rank and Dexterity. Starts off low, gradually becoming higher.
- Loading more than 10 uses worth of material into a Spinning Wheel will still allow the player to use it all at once.

Metallurgy
- Larger gems are no longer near impossible to obtain through Metallurgy and smaller gems have become less common.
- Metallurgy Sieves can be upgraded for durability, additional success rate bonuses, gem occurrence, chances for Unknown Ore from successful uses and Artisan Upgrades.

Refining
- Ore and Ore Fragments are now interchangeable instead of separate, leading to a more condensed list of selections.

Metal Conversion
- Minigame removed.
- Ore and Ore Fragments are now interchangeable instead of separate, leading to a more condensed list of selections.
- Chance of getting additional items is now a fixed rate dependent on your Metal Conversion and Alchemy Mastery rank.
- Larger gems are no longer near impossible to obtain through Metal Conversion and smaller gems have become less common.
- Loading more than one use's worth of ore/ingots will allow you to trans-mute as many ore/ingots as possible.
- Can use Auto-production.
- The size of the window that displays the available choices has been increased.

Hoe Mastery
- Four-Leaf Clovers can now be found semi-rarely in Flower Beds.

In addition, I have one more renewal.

Title renewal

All skill mastery titles with downsides now have no downsides and actually benefit the use of the skill.

- Almost all of the skills added from G11 onwards (there are exceptions) do this and you actually see people equip them because of that. For the other skills, it's mostly just for showing off and not for actual use (there are exceptions). Moreover, I don't think a title you have to go out of your way and work for after a long time of playing should have downsides.

The Busy and Outlaw Hunter titles now give 10% faster movement speed instead of 1%.

- Does anyone even notice that boost? It's practically nonexistent and worthless.

The Christmas Spirit and The Ice Warrior titles are now moved to unnumbered titles.

- They're event titles that we will never get a chance to get again (most likely). I don't think it's fair when all other numbered titles are still possible to obtain. Just fill the slots with other titles.
Armelle

Re: What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Post by Armelle »

dungeon renewal
basically make each dungeon have a quest attached to it with an end reward of exp and gold
like shadow missions,only no actual mission,just a reward for completing it making it worth your time.(words cannot express how much i despise the shadow mission system)
also put a hard mode for all the left out dungeons.

couldn't care less if they let you access different passes easier,i just want a reward for running them so i can at least run them for exp again (and hopefully some gold).
Sky

Post by Sky »

Armelle wrote:dungeon renewal
basically make each dungeon have a quest attached to it with an end reward of exp and gold
like shadow missions,only no actual mission,just a reward for completing it making it worth your time.(words cannot express how much i despise the shadow mission system)
also put a hard mode for all the left out dungeons.

couldn't care less if they let you access different passes easier,i just want a reward for running them so i can at least run them for exp again (and hopefully some gold).
This. I really want some more motivation to do the dungeons kind of like daily SMs.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

- Make Irian Treasure Chests expire two minutes after finding it instead of every fixed period.
^ All I care about. I'm tired of them just disappearing as soon as they come out. . .
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Psy wrote:- Make Irian Treasure Chests expire two minutes after finding it instead of every fixed period.
^ All I care about. I'm tired of them just disappearing as soon as they come out. . .
In Rano, Physis and Connous, this is already the case.

To my knowledge, only Croucle is different, and I agree on that regard.
somecoolguy

Post by somecoolguy »

I want there to be worthwhile dungeons/things to do for high leveled players in beginner areas like tir and dun. I feel like it'd help the community if new players don't start mabinogi and see that everything is a god dam ghost town. Plus I miss those days when I went to ciar and joined random runs. It was fun making campfires and sitting around.

They need to make some life skill to convert leathers. For real.

They should get rid of ranged cooldown or at least make it more fluid. Even if the wait time between arrows is the same, putting it after firing an arrow just has this awkward wait time. Plus you can't do any of those fun things like loading arrow revolver while windmill's animation is happening.

I wish there were more gimmicky bosses or something thats more than just doing as much damage as you can before being thrown into deadly/die. I want some way to evade those unavoidable giant monster attacks. Make evasion also evade AOE sweeping attacks or something. And there needs to be less bosses that are like dullahan +1309 blinkers. You can't DO anything against that. When you got a horde of blinkers inhibiting you and some ax happy man chucking things at you, you're dead.

Handicraft and carpentry should have more items that can be made.

Animal taming needs an update. There should be some pokeman-like mechanic where you can store animals you tame and summon them as meatshields. Once they die, they disappear, and they can't be healed.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Magic Renewal.

My main was a mage and I personally love magic over anything, but I find it's been ditched and is really inferior to many other skill tabs (Elemental Reforge helps, but let's be real here... 3:) we definitely need to re-work that. I mean come on...Shockwave doesn't look very promising o3o".
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

zcoinz wrote:Magic Renewal.

My main was a mage and I personally love magic over anything, but I find it's been ditched and is really inferior to many other skill tabs (Elemental Reforge helps, but let's be real here... 3:) we definitely need to re-work that. I mean come on...Shockwave doesn't look very promising o3o".
is even more "ditched" when you see how useless it is in the new load missions
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

I'd definitely encourage a Magic renewal. Probably around the time that Alchemy gets renewed, because, quite frankly, it's in need as well.

I also think that there should be an NPC that buys player-made goods to encourage more people to try the currently dying crafts.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Armelle wrote:
zcoinz wrote:Magic Renewal.

is even more "ditched" when you see how useless it is in the new load missions
I heard it's completely useless in the lord missions. Which makes me a bit sad because if I get my main back I'll be useless there x.x