What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Jerseyjesus

Re: What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Post by Jerseyjesus »

Just saying... I already had that in OP. :P[/quote]

Yea, that too. Or just change the recipe for 300 type pots all together and make four-leaf clovers used for an entirely different thing. From the description on them, having one in your posetion is supposed to bring luck, so maybe having one in your inventory boosts your luck by quite abit. Or just make it an accessory that boosts luck, not sure.[/quote]

But that would be up to Nexon KR, since NA only distributes the games not code their own things. Only exclusive thing we got was the lift on the gender restriction with the marrige system.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Jerseyjesus wrote:But that would be up to Nexon KR, since NA only distributes the games not code their own things. Only exclusive thing we got was the lift on the gender restriction with the marrige system.
Who ever said anything about anything being exclusive? We're talking about idea in general not what the NA server should have specifically. (Also, KR Nexon doesn't make it either, DevCAT does.)
Jerseyjesus

Post by Jerseyjesus »

Psy wrote:
Jerseyjesus wrote:But that would be up to Nexon KR, since NA only distributes the games not code their own things. Only exclusive thing we got was the lift on the gender restriction with the marrige system.
Who ever said anything about anything being exclusive? We're talking about idea in general not what the NA server should have specifically. (Also, KR Nexon doesn't make it either, DevCAT does.)
Yea, that's what I meant. My bad XD.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

I'd also like to see the servers get renewed. I can't handle this darn latency much longer. I remember when mabi loaded skills without lag and on time. I recently looked up some fighters in korea and was amazed on how fast they attacked. At first I thought it was just reforges, but realized later that they have no lag.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

I am now thinking that the whole system of mining needs a renewal. You have to work your butt off in Sion's PTJ to get special passes in order to get significant amounts of non-Iron Ore in special Barris, the upgrades for Pickaxes aren't very effective and make repairs cost a ton, Mythril Ore is nigh impossible to obtain from there, and, most of all, spamming Barri to mine is boring as heck. Metallurgy is better on nearly all fronts.

I think Sion should have a shop that sells the special passes, and should sell Mythril Mine passes after the player has completed G2. As well, the repair cost multiplier applied with every mining upgrade for a pickaxe should be decreased and/or the special mining upgrades should offer higher rates of the specific metal.
Not much can be done for the boring spam you'll have to do, but giving the player better control reduces the need for spam.

It would be nice if normal Barri offered only Iron and the special passes offered only the specific ore, but that might be too much.

Another renewal I'd like to see is one for the magic shields.

It would be cool if they were less of a pain to train and gave a buff to those under the shield that was basically a portable magic shield. It would boost the use of the magic shields because the player would not be forced to stay completely still to benefit from the skill.

Another thing... the addition of stackable buffs. I want to buff people with more than one music buff, as that would be such a boon for less useful music buff skills like Vivace and Marching Song. Plus, it would benefit the changed magic shields as well.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

I'd like them to let you wear three hats at once, like in PSO2, if you had fashion slots. (Meaning the extra hats do not give you stats.) Like, wearing a wig with glasses with a hat. Only foreseeable problem I can think of is how much of your hair/wig would show up. But this can be done easily.
Mackinz wrote:and, most of all, spamming Barri to mine is boring as heck. Metallurgy is better on nearly all fronts.
Actually, I don't think barri is the boring part, I think the problem is the time it takes to mine all the ore, since all you do is jsut click on them repeatedly instead of doing a minigame or something.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Psy wrote:
Mackinz wrote:and, most of all, spamming Barri to mine is boring as heck. Metallurgy is better on nearly all fronts.
Actually, I don't think barri is the boring part, I think the problem is the time it takes to mine all the ore, since all you do is jsut click on them repeatedly instead of doing a minigame or something.
Barri is a ridiculous waste of time now. I'd rather do metallurgy mindlessly while watching anime. If it's barri, I have to pay attention running the dungeon and picking up the key and attacking monsters just to get to the mining area.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Sky wrote:
Psy wrote:Actually, I don't think barri is the boring part, I think the problem is the time it takes to mine all the ore, since all you do is jsut click on them repeatedly instead of doing a minigame or something.
Barri is a ridiculous waste of time now. I'd rather do metallurgy mindlessly while watching anime. If it's barri, I have to pay attention running the dungeon and picking up the key and attacking monsters just to get to the mining area.
This.

Both are boring, but Mining is even more boring because you have to pay attention until you get to the mindless part.
hen937

Post by hen937 »

I would like dungeons to have puzzles much like in Zelda but with life skills or some sort of combat.
• For example you could press a button to summon enemies or if you had like rank 3 or 9 fishing make some fish then use the fish on a npc or when you eat it will react and give the person or and party some experience to the level of cook.

• When you turned it in to open the door it would give all party members training for whatever skilled you used.

• So if a person did fishing and caught two fish the whole party would show caught two fish under training requirement done for their current rank of fishing.

• This would stimulate people to party up with people with life skills and other traits they find desirable or want to test out.

• If you entered a room where you needed alchemy to open it or even puppet and saw how it worked and got experience in it for working with these people you may be more inclined to do it or try it out.

• This would also put less of strain on life skill’s because if they worked in a group they could not have to constantly stand and weave they would enter the dungeon and work with a group to get there level up at a team effort rather than a person time consuming monster.

• Also this would create problems or puzzles that would help the people think more than just fighting. I find while I am in dungeons I mostly mindlessly hitting stuff, it would be nice for a chance to have to think or puzzle with all the classes implemented. I don’t know how that type of dungeon would get boring because there would be so many possibilities they could ask to open doors or to solve or fight.

Let’s get more creative and use our skills to make dungeons more skill full rather than just punch the ground to death.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

I'd like to see White Herbs in dungeons like Rabbie and Rundal. For far too long, White Herbs have been limited to Peaca and as a rare pick from herb pets, making some requirements a huge pain in the butt. How many are required for Herbalism and Potion Making requirements until rank 5, and their comparative rareness is ridiculous.

That, and I'd also like to see a renewal to the potions available through Potion Making, and the recipes to make them. Even with my earlier proposal to decrease the rarity of Four-Leaf Clovers, it would still be an annoying recipe, but that's not my main issue. Wound Remedy Potions are limited to 30 point bottles, HP/MP and HP/SP potions are limited to 50 point bottles, and there is no such thing as an SP/MP potion. At the very least, the potions should go up to 100 point varieties, and there should be a green SP/MP potion. I'd also like to see over-time potions added.