What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Kapra

Re: What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Post by Kapra »

Mackinz wrote:I'd like to see White Herbs in dungeons like Rabbie and Rundal. For far too long, White Herbs have been limited to Peaca and as a rare pick from herb pets, making some requirements a huge pain in the butt. How many are required for Herbalism and Potion Making requirements until rank 5, and their comparative rareness is ridiculous.
Starting G18E1, players can kill Wasps in Physis and pick white herbs from their corpses.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Psy wrote:
Mackinz wrote:I'd like to see White Herbs in dungeons like Rabbie and Rundal. For far too long, White Herbs have been limited to Peaca and as a rare pick from herb pets, making some requirements a huge pain in the butt. How many are required for Herbalism and Potion Making requirements until rank 5, and their comparative rareness is ridiculous.
Starting G18E1, players can kill Wasps in Physis and pick white herbs from their corpses.
And you can do other things to get White Herbs.

It does not mean that White Herbs should not become less fricking rare on Uladh.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Been a month, so I'll add a new idea to the pile:

Humans wielding two-handed weapons (Claymore, Dustin, etc.) should be able to equip a small shield in their other hand. Could be a Round Shield or anything, as long as it's not a Kite Shield and the like.

Charge now useable with big ass swords.

Prepare your Demoknights.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Mackinz wrote:Humans wielding two-handed weapons (Claymore, Dustin, etc.) should be able to equip a small shield in their other hand. Could be a Round Shield or anything, as long as it's not a Kite Shield and the like.

Charge now useable with big ass swords.

Prepare your Demoknights.
im pretty sure all this was implemented in kr so far
they only cost your very soul to obtain because cashitemsandreplayrewards

regardless, id rather not have them mess with racial bonuses even more, there's enough mess already.
either make them all the same or balance them out, don't just throw the different race features between the races.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Armelle wrote:im pretty sure all this was implemented in kr so far
they only cost your very soul to obtain because cashitemsandreplayrewards
Maybe it is. No clue. Could someone find a source on this?
regardless, id rather not have them mess with racial bonuses even more, there's enough mess already.
either make them all the same or balance them out, don't just throw the different race features between the races.
I honestly don't see a big change in "racial bonuses" because humans can equip crappy shields with a two-hander.

Giants would still do it significantly better, what with actual good two-hander/shield combos, and Giants will still use Charge without shields, no problem.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Mackinz wrote:I honestly don't see a big change in "racial bonuses" because humans can equip crappy shields with a two-hander.
my point was more we don't need more stuff that other races cant do or can do better. although im not saying they shouldn't have exclusives either, just maybe some equivalent.
i'd really like them to balance out the races with some features that actually do make up for the ones they can't use.
id like them to all be even while being unique, but that's too much to ask i guess.

the current trend seems to be make a bunch of multi stat skills for all the races and have one accel at it the best.
i was slightly okay with that until the multi-title skills that just makes even more stuff that certain races cant have.

my 2 cents:
give elves something that isn't archery or magic (some form of close combat preferably-maybe a special racial weapon i dunno dex whips or something. although fighter seems to fill this role for all races at the moment.)
and give giants something that isn't melee or....melee. (and possibly give them more stuff to WEAR in general, they really do get shafted there).

but yeah,the races could use some work. albeit i wish the races never happened,i liked how you could just get everything on one character before.

surprisingly, this works well for the "renewal thread" idea!
Mackinz wrote:Maybe it is. No clue. Could someone find a source on this?
it could have changed during the test phase but i recall there being a reward two hander that lets you use a shield with it.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1516&start=50#p13944 solar likes to play hide and seek, highlight the post or something.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Armelle wrote:my point was more we don't need more stuff that other races cant do or can do better. although im not saying they shouldn't have exclusives either, just maybe some equivalent.
i'd really like them to balance out the races with some features that actually do make up for the ones they can't use.
id like them to all be even while being unique, but that's too much to ask i guess.

the current trend seems to be make a bunch of multi stat skills for all the races and have one accel at it the best.
i was slightly okay with that until the multi-title skills that just makes even more stuff that certain races cant have.

my 2 cents:
give elves something that isn't archery or magic (some form of close combat preferably-maybe a special racial weapon i dunno dex whips or something. although fighter seems to fill this role for all races at the moment.)
and give giants something that isn't melee or....melee. (and possibly give them more stuff to WEAR in general, they really do get shafted there).

but yeah,the races could use some work. albeit i wish the races never happened,i liked how you could just get everything on one character before.

surprisingly, this works well for the "renewal thread" idea!
I could get behind this, but I have to question how any of this has to do with buffing two-handers for humans.
it could have changed during the test phase but i recall there being a reward two hander that lets you use a shield with it.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1516&start=50#p13944 solar likes to play hide and seek, highlight the post or something.
I see... to be honest, I wish that DevCat would just make this a general thing, but, like I said, with the smaller shields only.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

I don't really understand why people justify racial differences at all. Mabinogi is supposed to be a jack of all game, and all races does is hinder that, and it's not like many people even pay extra for multiple characters. Also, I don't exactly understand why you say give Humans the ability to wear some two handed swords with some smaller shields and not apply that to Elves.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Psy wrote:I don't really understand why people justify racial differences at all. Mabinogi is supposed to be a jack of all game, and all races does is hinder that.
i agree entirely, but they are in the game so what can you do zzz... woulda been nice if they were just cosmetic choices or something.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Psy wrote:I don't really understand why people justify racial differences at all. Mabinogi is supposed to be a jack of all game, and all races does is hinder that, and it's not like many people even pay extra for multiple characters. Also, I don't exactly understand why you say give Humans the ability to wear some two handed swords with some smaller shields and not apply that to Elves.
Because Elves can't equip two-handers (except for Broniac).