What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Rokunowa

Re: What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Post by Rokunowa »

I guess I'd like a few changes to cooking.

Maybe add in measuring cups in that you use by using the cooking skill. They can hold an X % of a single ingredient, and the cup will tell you how much is inside. You tell it how much you want to fill it with an ingredient, and then based on (cooking rank + Dex), you fill it to how much you wanted (or fill it with more or less depending on Dex). You use the measuring cups by starting cooking and then placing the cup filled with the ingredient instead of just the ingredient, letting you get 5 star dishes a bit easier.
(Maybe you could buy them with Royal Court Food Delivery List 1s, 2s and 3s from Glewyas. Maybe make multiple cups that can hold more / allow you to get the correct % easier.)

Also, an uncap to cooking would be great, new cooking techniques with new ingredients adding stats that will make people actually thank you for the boost.
Last edited by Rokunowa on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Rokunowa wrote:letting you get 5 star dishes a bit easier.

I just want to point out, even if you get perfect proportions, you may still end up 4 stars. 5 stars is based on your cooking rank and luck, assuming you're perfect measurements.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Color selectable eyes and hair. None of this pre-selected color bullshit. I want to pick specific colors.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Does anyone else feel that gems really aren't that useful? I mean, I get that they can be used for ego food and some gem upgrades, but small ones are in such abundance that gems really aren't that great, and gem upgrades, though useful, are pretty uncommon...

What if there was a new hybrid skill that allowed for equipment buffs using gems? It could be called "Embroidery" or "Embellishing" and be available with a Level 6 hybrid talent of Blacksmithing and Tailoring.

All gems could give gem-specific enhancements and higher ranks would allow for more gems per equipment and the use of bigger gems in the skill.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Mackinz wrote:Does anyone else feel that gems really aren't that useful? I mean, I get that they can be used for ego food and some gem upgrades, but small ones are in such abundance that gems really aren't that great, and gem upgrades, though useful, are pretty uncommon...

What if there was a new hybrid skill that allowed for equipment buffs using gems? It could be called "Embroidery" or "Embellishing" and be available with a Level 6 hybrid talent of Blacksmithing and Tailoring.

All gems could give gem-specific enhancements and higher ranks would allow for more gems per equipment and the use of bigger gems in the skill.
If they do ever read this thread and add a skill similar to this (which I doubt), they should do something along the lines of adding a entrusting system similar to enchanting and with the same trade window use; and also allow like, only 1 jasper per equipment, etc. Just so you don't see people like spamming 3 damage buffing 10CM gems on one item or etc.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Psy wrote:If they do ever read this thread and add a skill similar to this (which I doubt), they should do something along the lines of adding a entrusting system similar to enchanting and with the same trade window use; and also allow like, only 1 jasper per equipment, etc. Just so you don't see people like spamming 3 damage buffing 10CM gems on one item or etc.
I don't think that there would be a damage buffing gem specifically, but I could have sworn mentioning that the player would have to rank the skill in order to add extra or larger gems.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Probably a bit early for a "renewal", but I'd like to see every hidden talent do something. Not necessarily a skill for each, but... something.

Full Alchemist: the FMA casting effects from Japanese Mabi?
Costume Designer: An extra "shield" slot so you can equip a Pierrot and Colossus at the same time?
Scholar: Some sorta bonus to alchemic int. magic crystals?
Gourmet: Higher bonuses/longer duration on effects from food?

Things like that.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Daakun wrote:Probably a bit early for a "renewal", but I'd like to see every hidden talent do something. Not necessarily a skill for each, but... something.

Full Alchemist: the FMA casting effects from Japanese Mabi?
Costume Designer: An extra "shield" slot so you can equip a Pierrot and Colossus at the same time?
Scholar: Some sorta bonus to alchemic int. magic crystals?
Gourmet: Higher bonuses/longer duration on effects from food?

Things like that.
I was actually thinking that earlier... It would be really cool if every talent gave some sort of rankable bonus, especially some of the harder ones like Polymath and Missionary.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

I'm not sure if this would be considered a double post, but I was just doing my normal routine when I thought up a way to make Weaving much less boring (aka a Weaving renewal).

First, change the Sheep Shearing skill to the Shearing skill.

Second, add a Cobweb prop to each spider area (especially in Alby dungeon). Holding a Gathering Knife and clicking on the Cobweb prop will allow the player to shear off Cobwebs, which can then be used to make Thin Thread. It would have an item limit but would regenerate over time.

There, I just fixed rank 8 of Weaving for every sane person.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Eh, I just gather tons of spiders with Enthralling Performance.
The hardest part is avoiding bitch-slapping my spiders by accident while I scramble to pick up the cobweb.

And also hiding the spider farm from the inevitable jackass that comes by and windmills them all. >_>