What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Mackinz

Re: What kind of renewals would you like to see?

Post by Mackinz »

I think I'm gonna work on a new suggestion list for an Apothecary/Blacksmith/Carpentry/Tailoring renewal, Zero-talent style.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Darkelourd

Post by Darkelourd »

Mackinz wrote:I think I'm gonna work on a new suggestion list for an Apothecary/Blacksmith/Carpentry/Tailoring renewal, Zero-talent style.

The biggest thing Tailoring and Blacksmithing need, in my opinion, is for gachas to stop spitting out X-grade R1 reforged weapons and armor. After that, some new weapons and armors that can compete with the high-end Magic Craft and Engineering stuff.

In the same vein, Apothecary needs mass-producible 300-point potions. 500-point potions would be nice as well, and maybe 100-point Wound potions, though I can see that making First Aid obsolete, and I doubt Devcat wants that. Herbalism could maybe use a bonus gathering chance like the G17 gathering skills have.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Darkelourd wrote:
Mackinz wrote:I think I'm gonna work on a new suggestion list for an Apothecary/Blacksmith/Carpentry/Tailoring renewal, Zero-talent style.

The biggest thing Tailoring and Blacksmithing need, in my opinion, is for gachas to stop spitting out X-grade R1 reforged weapons and armor. After that, some new weapons and armors that can compete with the high-end Magic Craft and Engineering stuff.

In the same vein, Apothecary needs mass-producible 300-point potions. 500-point potions would be nice as well, and maybe 100-point Wound potions, though I can see that making First Aid obsolete, and I doubt Devcat wants that. Herbalism could maybe use a bonus gathering chance like the G17 gathering skills have.
While I agree that gachapons are horrible like that, I think the best we could hope for is Nexon NA to allow crafters to make X-grade equipment and go from there.

Yeah, that's a good suggestion for Potion Making.

First Aid is already pretty obsolete with the Party Healing Master title and large wound potions from older events.

Herbalism could maybe use that, but IDK.

Lastly, I did some thinking for Zero talent ideas:

Knight/Cleric/Construct Alchemist -> Shining Knight
Blacksmith/Tailor/Archer -> ---
Carpenter/Apothecary/Puppetry -> ---

Names are subject to change.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Now that I think about it, archery and lances are probably off-limits for Hero talents thanks to racial restrictions.
Not because it would suck to be a Giant when archers get a bonus, but because Giants simply wouldn't buy the cards to RB into the talent.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Daakun wrote:Now that I think about it, archery and lances are probably off-limits for Hero talents thanks to racial restrictions.
Not because it would suck to be a Giant when archers get a bonus, but because Giants simply wouldn't buy the cards to RB into the talent.
There will probably be some racially discriminatory Zero talents eventually...

Though maybe it could accompany an update where Elves can equip some form of lance and Giants can learn ranged skills for boosting Throwing Attack.

Still, those are the hypothetical Zero talents I will use. Fan speculation doesn't need to be perfectly executed.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

First Aid should:
*Be buffed when using bandages.
*Have a lesser effect when using wound potions/party healing master title/resting/other forms of wound recovery. Meaning, it helps like a wound 30 potion have the effect of like a wound 50 at capped First Aid, etc.
Mackinz wrote:Lastly, I did some thinking for Zero talent ideas:

What's the point in creating these hypothetical talent ideas if you don't even give any real idea except a really random combo.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

Psy wrote:First Aid should:
*Be buffed when using bandages.
*Have a lesser effect when using wound potions/party healing master title/resting/other forms of wound recovery. Meaning, it helps like a wound 30 potion have the effect of like a wound 50 at capped First Aid, etc.
I was thinking something along the lines of the second idea. First one seems interesting.
Mackinz wrote:Lastly, I did some thinking for Zero talent ideas:

What's the point in creating these hypothetical talent ideas if you don't even give any real idea except a really random combo.
I have an idea. I DON'T have a NAME for the idea.

First one is the idea of a Paladin from other non-Mabinogi games, with auras and supportive abilities, as well as a powerful strikes. Initial name was Tank.
Second is sorta like Treasure Hunter only for crafted goods. Initial name was Artisan, but that's already a talent.
Third is kindasorta a mishmash but I've had some decent ideas from it already. Thinking Stage-Setter for the name.
Mackinz

Post by Mackinz »

I decided on calling the first one "Cavalier".

I'm still thinking up new skills to go along with it, but the main changes to the Cleric and Construct Alchemy skills are decided. Still taking idea suggestions. Does not have to be that well thought out.