Reposting it here since this would be where it belongs normally, and would also make it easier to find.
I did previously say they will never be willing enough to do this, unfortunately. Like every other game they'll just dig the racial hole bigger until they have constant rebalances like Maple has or stay really unbalanced. (Like it is now.) This is what I purposed in simpler terms:
1. Lets say magic mastery gave 140 int to humans and giants but 150 to elves (this is hypothetical, not real stats) but humans paid only 50 AP whereas Giants and Elves paid 75. You'd maximize the pros and minimize the cons so nobody is mad, making it so all three races get 150 int (the amount elves get in this example) but only pay 50 AP (the amount humans pay in this example). They could skip this step but some of the races will be mad if they don't bell curve it like this.
2. Given 1.0, they have to bell curve the AP downwards, not upwards to the 75. Otherwise humans before this update from other servers will be like, oh, I should pay 50 AP into this skill now, wait for the update, then derank it to get 25 AP out of nowhere. So curving downwards will make abuse impossible. However, they will have to credit giants and elves 25 AP from that example.
3. They should implement a system similar to MapleStory's personality system to also deal with the conversion. Let me use three hypotheical personality traits for this example, Stealth, Focus, and Intimidation.
Stealth: Would add a certain amount of speed each lvl. At lvl 11, you unlock the action hide, and lvl 6 unlocks the Final Shot quest chain.
Focus: Would add some stat or something every lvl. At lvl 11, unlocks the ability to do the Final Hit quest chain, and lvl 6 unlocks Rock Throwing.
Intimidation: Would add some stat or something every lvl. At lvl 11, unlocks the ability to do the Wind Guard quest chain, and lvl 6 unlocks the Taunt quest chain.
In my suggestion of 3, lets say each player made before this hypothetical update will automatically be given certain lvls of those three stats after the update. Elves would be given lvl 11 stealth which would be 32% speed (they might curb it up if they use my exact example, since a normal char will start at lvl 1 and every lvl would add 3% sped in this example). Lvl 11 would also automatically teach you hide (or unlock a quest chain you can use to get hide if they want to.) Elves will also start with like, lvl 6 Focus, which will give them Rock Throwing. Giants would start with lvl 11 Intimidation, which automatically gives them the ability to learn Taun and Wind Guard provided they do the quests, and they'd start with lvl 6 Stealth, which gives them 16% speed. Humans would start with lvl 11 Focus, which automatically unlocks the ability to do the final hit quest chain, and they would start with lvl 6 intimidation
Note that the above only would apply if the player was made before the update, since new players don't exactly need compensation for it. I mean, they'd still get the same effects, but new characters would start at lvl 1 for all the personality traits and work their way up. There could also be other effects like lvl6 Intimidation to offset using Two Handed Swords and Heavy Armor.
The above suggestion is one way of how things could work, but without changing existing players. Humans will still have 100% speed, giants will still have 116%, elves would still have 132%; but there is potential to increase your speed to match theirs. Giants and Humans will still be capable of using a two handed sword or heavy armor, but there is potential to catch up. Etc.
4. For most part, rather than there being 3 races, there will instead be two body types. Humans and Elves will be virtually merged, provided suggestion 1/2 and 3. The united elf-human character creation screen will have both race's -only hairstyles and ears/face options. Along with race restricted hair/eye colors. (Humans can't get bright colored hair atm, elves can't get dark brown or black, elves can't be black atm, etc; this would be fixed in this suggestion.) In addition to that, humans/elves will be given giant-only hairs, this will take some work to make the character models of. And I don't see why beards and mustaches and etc from giant hairs have to be bound to the giant's hair model. They could just make like three model options instead of making four versions of each hair. In a similar idea, they could separate henna from the skin texture, like they do with eyes, and make them dyable by making them grayscale by default, like they do with eyes. Also, make giant-only henna available to humans/elves. Likewise, giants would get Human and Elf -only hair, henna, and elven ear options, this would take some work making models.
5. Giving all skills to everyone. Only thing they need to do for this case is, first of all, give humans Mirage Missile and Final Shot, which should not ba problem since elves and humans use the same animation sets, and do the same with giving elves lances. The only problem would be is making a final hit and bow animations for giants, which shouldn't be too hard.
6. Like in bullet 1/2, they'd bell curve Savage Beast and Falcon to have the exact same features, just different appearances for different races. This is the only racial difference I endorse, in terms of appearance and just appearance of trans, not appearance of anything else. Then, the united elf-human body type will be able to choose between Paladin, Dark Knight, and Falcon. Likewise, giants would be able to become a paladin or dark knight in addition to their beast form. On top of that, I propose they give paladins 200 int to one of their skills. If you look at the Transformations Comparisons table on the wiki, you'd understand why they need it that specifically. Dark Knights won't need much rebalancing after the balance update since things like str add defense and all that. All they need imo is a small will boost. There should be a third quest chain to unlock Falcon (for hu/elves) or Beast (for giants). In addition, you should be able to freely change between the three transformations provided you unlocked the transformation, just with some prerequisites, like how you can change back and forth between Neamhain Demigod and Morrighan Demigod. (As a fun thing they can add, they can let Weird Cat in Tir Chonaill be the one to do this type of change, in reference to how he let you skipped generations in the old generation 1-3, but has no use for the new version of them.) In addition to the above, Control of Darkness, Elven Magic Missile, and Giant Full Swing should be available to everyone regardless of which of the three transformations you choose. This would also add two extra skills to dump AP into, since so many players have run out of skills to dump trans exp into and they can only keep like 60 lvls worth unused in reserve.
The above suggestions would be a successful racial merge of all three, while not changing the appearance or removing any abilities to any races. Yes it is a bit complicated, but it's still very simple, and all they'd really have to do is spend some extra time making character models, animations, and crediting AP provide they also do suggestion #2. The only ability changes would be positive changes, so everybody would hopefully be happy. I may edit this list later if I come up with more idea or clarify something.
Last edited by Kapra
on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't recall giving you permission to highlight this page.