Shckwave clarification

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Zeo

Shckwave clarification

Post by Zeo »

So... according to the Wiki.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Shockwave

It say the shockwave's cooldown reset and it become useable once you get hit... How does that work exactly...

You use shockwave, then try to get mob to hit you after?

Or do the mobs have to hit you while you're using Shockwave?
Soluna

Re: Shckwave clarification

Post by Soluna »

Zeo wrote:So... according to the Wiki.

It say the shockwave's cooldown reset and it become useable once you get hit... How does that work exactly...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1512&start=20#p13519
Is a defensive spell, to stun away the enemy so you can prepare a next move like how you use windmill in sticky situations.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

Soluna wrote:
Zeo wrote:So... according to the Wiki.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1512&start=20#p13519
Is a defensive spell, to stun away the enemy so you can prepare a next move like how you use windmill in sticky situations.
Hm so.. from what it seems like... whenever you get hit after cool-down is activated, 20% to reset the Cool-down again and becamse useable? The wording is bit confusing.

As in... you use Shockwave to hit nearby targets, and five seconds later, if a mob hits you, it have 20% chance to activate Shockwave again, ignoring the Cool-down?
Eos

Post by Eos »

It removes the cool down, it doesn't automatically fire it again.
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

Eos wrote:It removes the cool down, it doesn't automatically fire it again.
Ah. Well.. it doesn't make Shockwave that bad then... seeing you can use them again if the cool-down got removed possibly from being hitted 2 seconds later.
Eos

Post by Eos »

Zeo wrote: Ah. Well.. it doesn't make Shockwave that bad then... seeing you can use them again if the cool-down got removed possibly from being hitted 2 seconds later.
That's pretty much the intent. It helps you if you're being overwhelmed by an aggressive mob by letting you burst your free, and if they corner you again it has a chance to let you use it again the worse off you're being mobbed on, but if you're not being attacked it won't let you just run around throwing shockwaves willy nilly for the fun of it.

This skill was actually in my DevCat wishlist, either in this form (burst AoE), or in the form of an aura similar to Shock, or a retaliatory version of Shock (hit me, you take damage too), since all the mage shields right now are so passive and require you to be stuck in place. Quite happy to see it implemented.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Wow, if I ever get my main "zcoinz" back from NEXON then I'm so saving AP for this. In the mean time I'm using a new account 3:<
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I see a mage guy from Southperry. o/
Quite fitting to post in a lightning based magic topic. *nods*
Eos

Post by Eos »

Yoorah wrote:I see a mage guy from Southperry. o/
Quite fitting to post in a lightning based magic topic. *nods*
Flattering to be recognized/noticed, thanks. ;)