Mabinogi catching up to the pros

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Mackinz

Re: Mabinogi catching up to the pros

Post by Mackinz »

The pro's will still be much better, considering the time they've invested, but as long as you're going at a rather fast, grindfesty pace with weekly RBs, you should be okay. Remember to do some side skills that raise Will. You can find those here.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

I can only do free rebirths so....idk. I just want to grandmaster fighter and achieve those 15k+s as soon as possible.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I started a new character from scratch, went Fighter. Thanks to DR events, I was able to progress very quickly. Whether or not you can catch up to the "pros" depends on what you consider to be "pro."
In my opinion, Fighter lets you gain effective firepower quickly, and you'll be able to contribute well in ADV/HM missions fairly soon.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Yoorah wrote:I started a new character from scratch, went Fighter. Thanks to DR events, I was able to progress very quickly. Whether or not you can catch up to the "pros" depends on what you consider to be "pro."
In my opinion, Fighter lets you gain effective firepower quickly, and you'll be able to contribute well in ADV/HM missions fairly soon.
Sounds good. I'd also like to know how I can maximize the AP I gain in 3 weeks before I rebirth each time. What SMs, TMs, Dungeons, etc. should I be doing?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

zcoinz wrote:I'm going for Heavy Punch Speedy, but considering I'm not unbelievably rich, I'll go for something less XD
If you can't get your hands on Speedy Heavy Punch you can try for Fist Master. Master is just from the Rush of Love sidequest, and Fist is 800k ducats from the imp store if you can do commerce. Neither require steps.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Psy wrote:
zcoinz wrote:I'm going for Heavy Punch Speedy, but considering I'm not unbelievably rich, I'll go for something less XD
If you can't get your hands on Speedy Heavy Punch you can try for Fist Master. Master is just from the Rush of Love sidequest, and Fist is 800k ducats from the imp store if you can do commerce. Neither require steps.
Using the master enchant just seems like extreme lowballing. I'm considering going Untamed Destruction, but Fist looks pretty neat.
Sky

Post by Sky »

My Bracer Knuckles is aimed to be Untamed Destruction, if anything.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Sky wrote:My Bracer Knuckles is aimed to be Untamed Destruction, if anything.
Yeah they add a lot of damage. Better than S stepping :3
somecoolguy

Post by somecoolguy »

Powerful is a really cheap rank A suffix with 12 dmg and 20 stam, but it requires some random warrior related skills to activate. None of the reqs are above rank 9 so it wouldn't be too bad on your AP, and considering smash and counter are things you'll be using as a fighter anyways, might as well rank em.

Do the Merchant of Venice mainstream and get the River Raven admiral gloves! If you're lucky, thats a free 8 max gloves, and if you ever get lucky enough to find an oblivion, you can stack it on top of the River for glorious 18 damage gloves.

Go to the merchant island place and talk to the elf at the lighthouse and do his boobie sketching quests for Bundle of Enchant scrolls. You have a small chance of getting a violent enchant for your knuckles, which is 20 damage and a bunch of other nice things. There are other more common draws from the Bundle that will help you out though, like Glass fragment, 5 damage suffix on your clothing or armor.

Fox everything. It's cheap and good.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

somecoolguy wrote:Powerful is a really cheap rank A suffix with 12 dmg and 20 stam, but it requires some random warrior related skills to activate. None of the reqs are above rank 9 so it wouldn't be too bad on your AP, and considering smash and counter are things you'll be using as a fighter anyways, might as well rank em.

Do the Merchant of Venice mainstream and get the River Raven admiral gloves! If you're lucky, thats a free 8 max gloves, and if you ever get lucky enough to find an oblivion, you can stack it on top of the River for glorious 18 damage gloves.

Go to the merchant island place and talk to the elf at the lighthouse and do his boobie sketching quests for Bundle of Enchant scrolls. You have a small chance of getting a violent enchant for your knuckles, which is 20 damage and a bunch of other nice things. There are other more common draws from the Bundle that will help you out though, like Glass fragment, 5 damage suffix on your clothing or armor.

Fox everything. It's cheap and good.
Sounds good! Thanks for the advice! :D