Archery and Humans

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
zcoinz

Archery and Humans

Post by zcoinz »

Hey guys. I recently started archery, but there's one thing that bothers me. Would it be worth it for a human to rank archery skills?
Junradian

Re: Archery and Humans

Post by Junradian »

everything except alchemy worth it.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Prior to G16S2 I'd say it would be better for a Human to be an archer rather than an elf but since the new updates that might be up for debate, I don't know well enough. (No, two weaker arrows instead of one ordinary one isn't necessarily a strength.)
Junradian wrote:everything except alchemy worth it.
On what basis are you saying alchemy is not worth it? Everything has its own uses and can manage.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Archery is ok, but you're going to need a lot (really A LOT) of preparation for that one (life skills and high ranked skills) before they're good enough in high leveled runs.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Erm, scratch that whole archery thing. Since my main goal is to solo EMAT one day, my friend advised me to do Puppetry. Is puppetry good? I know the multi-hit skills would be very useful in taking all those NPCs down, but I want to know if it can do the job right.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Puppetry is pretty good if you can play it well, it can take aggros for you and grab monsters and stuff.

Some dude was semi-soloing (basically wrecking all of them) the entire NPC Tournament with Puppetry Crisis, Ice Dragon freeze, Ice Spear, Blaze.

I saw a Giant soloing Peaca Normal (or was it Basic) with Puppetry and Fighter I think. and magic... can't remember well I know Solar posted a video of it somewhere.

There was also some guy who did 70k with drop kick against Price (Though it was with Support Shot; still, 35k is a lot). So if your gear+fighter is maxed out, just get Rain Cast to take the aggro from enemies and then bomb them away with fighter.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

That fighter is so beautiful....my eyes melt away in jealousy. SCREW THIS! I'm going all out fighter now!

EDIT: I alrdy have all r9 skills and r5 charging strike so...i might aswell...

EDIT 2: Any ideas on what reforges/equips/enches I should be investing in?
Sky

Post by Sky »

zcoinz wrote:That fighter is so beautiful....my eyes melt away in jealousy. SCREW THIS! I'm going all out fighter now!

Well, one thing is Speedy Heavy Punch is the best so far for enchant combination... Then pretty much just generic top enchants on gears like Oblivion Dexterity helm, Fleet Butterfly boots, clothing, gachapon accessory x2, etc...

Then of course elemental on weapon... Dual elemental is best (or triple if it ever exist)... (estimate cost $100+ just for a single item)....

Then more reforge on other equips that deal damage (like focus fist on clothing, drop kick on boots, spinning uppercut on gloves, etc).

Iuno, I think most of what I said are common knowledge... Despite that, it's hard to achieve because they're expensive...

-----

tbh, that magic route is easier (no need to spend a lot of "money" but would need a lot of ap) and more likely better than fighter in terms of soloing the entire Martial Arts Tournament (r1 Rain Cast... r1 Crisis... Ice Spear / Blaze (although I think after using adv magic you'd get aggro from enemies, not sure with rain))...

Fighter needs to KO them fast but high damage is hard to get without spending a lot of money.

Although a mixture of both could be good (like using fighter and beating up the harder enemies first while the rain is up, then switching to icespear/blaze combo).
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

zcoinz wrote:Erm, scratch that whole archery thing. Since my main goal is to solo EMAT one day, my friend advised me to do Puppetry. Is puppetry good? I know the multi-hit skills would be very useful in taking all those NPCs down, but I want to know if it can do the job right.

You probably can't solo it with just puppet, no. You'd need another skillset to back it up when your AoE skills are on cooldown.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Sky wrote:
zcoinz wrote:That fighter is so beautiful....my eyes melt away in jealousy. SCREW THIS! I'm going all out fighter now!

Well, one thing is Speedy Heavy Punch is the best so far for enchant combination... Then pretty much just generic top enchants on gears like Oblivion Dexterity helm, Fleet Butterfly boots, clothing, gachapon accessory x2, etc...

Then of course elemental on weapon... Dual elemental is best (or triple if it ever exist)... (estimate cost $100+ just for a single item)....

Then more reforge on other equips that deal damage (like focus fist on clothing, drop kick on boots, spinning uppercut on gloves, etc).

Iuno, I think most of what I said are common knowledge... Despite that, it's hard to achieve because they're expensive...

-----

tbh, that magic route is easier (no need to spend a lot of "money" but would need a lot of ap) and more likely better than fighter in terms of soloing the entire Martial Arts Tournament (r1 Rain Cast... r1 Crisis... Ice Spear / Blaze (although I think after using adv magic you'd get aggro from enemies, not sure with rain))...

Fighter needs to KO them fast but high damage is hard to get without spending a lot of money.

Although a mixture of both could be good (like using fighter and beating up the harder enemies first while the rain is up, then switching to icespear/blaze combo).
But achieving high damage with ice spear and blaze would take a lot of ap to get high int would it not? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally if I had my main, I'd go the magic route, but I clearly don't so.... 3: