Hey guys, quick question.

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Kaiishisabaku

Hey guys, quick question.

Post by Kaiishisabaku »

It's been a long, long while since I've been here on my forum account, (mostly have been lurking though) but something did catch my eye ever since the new update. Since we got the final episode on The Saga thing, we were able to get a special transformation medal that'd give Macha as a trans option. Sadly, in NA, this transformation looks like a cardboard cut out having a fancy glow with feathers falling off of it. (A.K.A. it has no animations) And I'm wondering, is this a bug?

The NX Staff says that it isn't a bug, it's to be intended, even though the other two goddesses are completely different. (Bigger, actual animatons, etc) Do the gods in different versions of Mabi all have animations?
Soluna

Re: Hey guys, quick question.

Post by Soluna »

If they say is not a bug then it is not a bug. Bug is an unexpected result from intend, so whether it is a bug or not is up for devCat to decide.

I believe the only goddess that moves is Awakening Morrighan. And it is logical that Macha doesn't have a moving animation as she teleports in the final mission.

[s]You can also think of it as the other goddess coins you have to pay get and this one is free, so... quality down?[/s]
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Compare the standing animation of the transformation to the animation of the monster version of her, are they the same? If not, it's probably an error. Doesn't mean DevCAT will classify it as a bug though. They don't really care if NA players complain about something that is free to them.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:They don't really care if NA players complain about something that is free to them.
False notion, they do fix bugs. It just takes them a long time to fix [s](by the time is fixed is too late), unless it is a bug that directly affects their wallet then you see them take down the game and fix it.[/s]

The transformation is the same for all regions.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

I didn't say they don't fix bugs, I said why would they bother fixing a bug in NA if its from a free feature that's otherwise paid in other servers. I mean, they MIGHT if a paying server complains enough and has them fixed, but we get bugs in huge batches with a lot of time lapse inbetween, not as soon as they come out, either.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:I didn't say they don't fix bugs, I said why would they bother fixing a bug in NA if its from a free feature that's otherwise paid in other servers. I mean, they MIGHT if a paying server complains enough and has them fixed, but we get bugs in huge batches with a lot of time lapse inbetween, not as soon as they come out, either.
Because the same Bugs on NA is also on all the servers? The same forever traveling Dunbarton Bell Tower, Doll Bag D/Cing problems, housing dupes.

That is why they have added parts of the Dream updates that fixes a lot of bugs already.

Which is why the notion of why bother fixing a bug in NA if is free is a false notion. They fix bugs whether is free or not, just the more threatening one to their wallet first and quicker.

And it is not the problem of them not fixing bugs. It is the oversight they have when they fix their bugs. Like the bug updates removes some of the food ingredients from Glewyas' Shop due to KR having Master Chef Update that made the materials available in all shops. Which screws some player if they want to cook certain dish and train cooking right now.

And THAT, is one of their biggest problem. So stop making it sound like "NA" doesn't get bugs fixes.

And please don't put everything that doesn't fit under as a "Bug". The definition of bug is something not intended and the only ones know if it is intended is the developers, if they have replied it is not a bug then it isn't.

However, you can definitely suggest to them to change somethings, and that is the battle of probability.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

I didn't say NA doesn't get bug fixes, and I didn't say we won't either or that they aren't trying to fix it. I just said it's very low priority to fix the bug in NA, and also said they tend to fix bugs in batches like we just had, and not expect another any time soon.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Compare the standing animation of the transformation to the animation of the monster version of her, are they the same? If not, it's probably an error. Doesn't mean DevCAT will classify it as a bug though. They don't really care if NA players complain about something that is free to them.
Psy wrote:I didn't say they don't fix bugs, I said why would they bother fixing a bug in NA if its from a free feature that's otherwise paid in other servers. I mean, they MIGHT if a paying server complains enough and has them fixed, but we get bugs in huge batches with a lot of time lapse inbetween, not as soon as they come out, either.
Psy wrote:I didn't say NA doesn't get bug fixes, and I didn't say we won't either or that they aren't trying to fix it. I just said it's very low priority to fix the bug in NA, and also said they tend to fix bugs in batches like we just had, and not expect another any time soon.
Come one, really... 3 different versions still driving at the same point and you still not understand?
1. They don't care if the player is NA or not they treat it the same. But is the fact is they do care, which is why there's been magic/alchemy updates from player base complain suggesting and that is the same across server

2. These "bug features" are generally all the same across servers. And the notion of "free feature that's otherwise paid in other servers" is like almost none existing. If anything it is the other servers having more "free features". And if anything the complains from all the servers are more or less the same: i.e Mana Shield sux now, reforge OP etc...

3. As any program out there of course bugs are fixed in patches, do you really want a 5hr maintenance 5 days a week orr have people download 1 times a day all the different versions of the program you updated.

4. Don't treat like NA is treated differently when it comes to bug fixes, it is same for every server. Your notion of the other servers fix bug faster and quicker is just plain wrong. If anything NA got the bug fix earlier, points at the undeniable proofs of Dream Updates bug fix implemented vs KR getting it post Zero Updates.