Attack speed increase

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Majimari

Attack speed increase

Post by Majimari »

Would anyone happen to know if the attack speed increase from Way of the Gun stacks with the the equipment combination effect attack speed increase?

I recall that in the past the equipment combination effect attack speed increase would only raise your attack speed to the next speed level if it was below normal. But I see on the wiki that it now increases attack speed by 20% instead. Apparently it was changed when gunner was added. So I was just curious as to whether or not it would stack with the increase from Way of the Gun.
Daakun

Re: Attack speed increase

Post by Daakun »

It does stack, but it hardly even helps. Unless the enemy is exceptionally slow, it's the difference between getting 3 shots in and three shots in.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

It stacks. Attack speed set effect + very fast gun (dowra) is noticable difference, and so is way of the gun + very fast gun (dowra). All three is an improvement on both but the difference is a little less noticable but still there. For weapons besides Guns and Bows, it is still limited to Normal speed attaack speed effects.

For nonarchery/gun weapons, Very Slow>Slow, Slow>Normal, Normal>Normal, Fast>Fast, Very Fast>Very Fast. For Guns and Bows, Very Fast is NOT the limit and you can still increase it past Normal with set effects. For Archery, attack speed effects aim rate and attack range. For Guns, attack speed effects standby time inbetween attacks (so high speed is useless if you lag but is devastatingly OP if you have decent connection. And if you have bad connection, speed>damage even moreso than those with good connection because of your obstacle).

Keep in mind two things, for nonGun weapons and perhaps also nonarchery, Stun time of your attacks is lowered by a weapon being faster by itself, which is a bad thing. In the case of guns this is from what I've noticed not true, not that it matters since guns barely stun as is without a critical hit. However, for weapons that are penalized by stun time, stun increase from skills (if any) or set effects do not decrease your stun time but do still increase the speed of your attacks.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Kapra wrote:For Archery, attack speed effects aim rate and attack range.
Objection! It only increases aim speed, and then only on the basic ranged attack.

I remember 'cause I was comparing aim speeds with my old bow when I completed my gunner's set.
Accounting for a split second of lag, Magnum/Crash Shot both hit 99% at the same speed, making the bonus almost entirely pointless for archery.