Mabinogi is mediocre (Ninja talent update)

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Achiel

Post by Achiel »

Oh look, absolutely no real content or fixes to content other than another skill set to grind.
Last edited by ferghus on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The posts in this thread were split off from "[JP] Ninja Talent unveiled (WIP)" in Game Updates.
Soluna

Re: [JP] Ninja Talent unveiled (WIP)

Post by Soluna »

Words can hurt...

Especially when you have to eat up your own words...

Life is hard...

When are you reminded of the history that are bound to repeat itself...

Like an endless waltz.

The three beats of Wings,

Pets

and Reforge Tools continue on forever...
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna [Bot] wrote: Especially when you have to eat up your own words...
but are the boobs big enough to make you come back???

ive kinda got mabi behind me now unless it does something amazing...
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: but are the boobs big enough to make you come back???
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Man, this thread is filled with all kinds of ridiculous.. ranging from random to banal. ;_;
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:Man, this thread is filled with all kinds of ridiculous.. ranging from random to banal. ;_;
Just like any new update with Mabinogi since 2013.
Dertia

Post by Dertia »

How is this game still up?
They haven't added anything in the past 5 years that wasn't another skill set to grind on enemies you could massacre with the last three skillsets you already grinded.
All it's doing now is sucking up time and money from players without even giving them fun in return.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Dertia wrote:How is this game still up?
They haven't added anything in the past 5 years that wasn't another skill set to grind on enemies you could massacre with the last three skillsets you already grinded.
All it's doing now is sucking up time and money from players without even giving them fun in return.
Because fun is subjective.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Dertia wrote:How is this game still up?
What is a game supposed to do? Add more places to train? Add more storyline (quality aside)? Add more skills or weapons? They have been doing everything I could think of them doing to a reasonable extent. What moreso bothers me is that its been over half a year with no content at all, then what they do spew out is a lackluster storyline. Not even anything new to do like with the Saga 1.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kapra wrote: What is a game supposed to do? Add more places to train? Add more storyline (quality aside)? Add more skills or weapons? They have been doing everything I could think of them doing to a reasonable extent.
More like bare minimums. New Areas, Stories, Skills, Items, are the bare minimum to keep a game "alive". It is no different than the crappy mobile card games introducing new cards every month making you spend money.

Real Contents would be things such as introducing spirit weapon system, pet system, housing channel, exploration system, farming system, homestead system, and commerce system.

ANYONE of the named system can be worked on and expanded more than they are now, but instead of making these contents to be more complete and well developed (or they could have introduced many new systems), they chose the easiest and the laziest route.

How many wings have we seen already? How many re-colored/skinned pets have been released? How many more new talent is coming out?

I don't blame them, it is so easy to rake in $ by just introducing a new talent with new gacha weapons, new skill training potion, reforges to go along with it. Same thing with pets, just toss more and more powerful pets that to what current pets do and throw in a couple new ability and it will seal the deal with most player. In fact, I question if pets can still be call pets anymore (And I not just referring to the scooters or dinner cart). Though I think when they are done with wings they will go do tails... dog tail, fox tail, raccoon tail, cat tail, monkey tail, dragon tail, nine tails...

It is somewhat disappointing to see the fact every life skill can only be promoted as useful if they can do something that is useful to the combat aspects to the game such as Cooking and Music Skills. And the fact every time new talents being introduced always erupt a "race war" and having people calculating numbers and crunching calculator is even more disheartening. Back then the game was simple and enjoyable, it was about utilizing skills and attack patterns to take down difficult enemy, now everyone talks about deal the fastest and biggest damage and be "l33t". And just look at new boss, look red warning area of effect, gee where did I see that before... Not to say that is wrong, but it is clearly the game has changed.

Time to bring up a historical figure, nari. No matter your opinion on his personality, I respect his dedication in playing the style most player did not. It is not the most efficient nor the best but that's how he wanted to play. However, I think most players now will only go for is best or most efficient route. That's like 1 of the 5 person I met that I held some respect to.

In my personal opinion, the game really has lost alot in terms of play value, I mean... seriously it is almost no different than RO now just even looking at the classes, [s]but at least RO can let you control the level of skill you use, I mean... I can't even strip a succubus now[/s].

Is not "dead", but it isn't going anywhere in the long haul either. I made that lame ninja comment last year as a joke and it came true... I think is pretty safe to say eventually you will see things like Samurai, Rod Master, NunChuck .... etc. And the rest will be same old same old. If Yoorah did not force ask me to translate things for him, the thread probably won't exist because I don't have the game installed anymore and deleted all the related link to it (even this forum =P had to use Google every time).

Ah Whatever... those things I said are just rubbish.
The ONLY truth I believe is:
Mabinogi without Morrighan and Cichol is not Mabinogi; Fried Rice without Rice is not Fried Rice, it is just Scrambled Eggs.

They say love is blind and it is true, I don't love the game anymore since there's no Morrighan. </3

As for the story, I think pretty no one really cares anymore at this point... The fact I enjoyed the Japan manga on Mabinogi (Timeline is Before G1 and Ruairi haven't met up with Tarlach and Mari) more... just further my belief Mabinogi is not Mabinogi...

This getting off topic a little, but you can feel free to open a new thread for What a game should do or continue in Sig's how to save Mabinogi thread. I'd like to keep this thread for Yoorah's further updates since I certainly will not do it.