Wink Creating Private Server with REAL Mabinogi SERVER FILES!!!

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: Wink Creating Private Server with REAL Mabinogi SERVER FILES!!!

Post by ferghus »

Ainna wrote:I know a v-server provider that gives you 2 cores @ 2,7 ghz and 6gb ram for 6$ tho. That should be enough for a small server.
When it comes to web hosting, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I doubt you can actually get a VPS with that many resources for so little. I'm not too knowledgeable on VPS stuff, but I'm pretty sure you can't use those 2 cores at anything close to max capacity all the time; they (and the RAM) are oversubscribed. I'd take a look at Amazon EC2 (or Digital Ocean, though they don't host Windows Server) to get a better idea of how much compute resources cost... and keep in mind that EC2 has massive scale that allows em to make resources more affordable than smaller providers can.
Ainna

Re: Wink Creating Private Server with REAL Mabinogi SERVER FILES!!!

Post by Ainna »

Still no release.

No new server or files. And not much rumors going on.
Did the official file craze already die?

Poor Tom, getting no money. I hope nexon kicks his butt :<

Yoorah wrote: When it comes to web hosting, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I doubt you can actually get a VPS with that many resources for so little. I'm not too knowledgeable on VPS stuff, but I'm pretty sure you can't use those 2 cores at anything close to max capacity all the time; they (and the RAM) are oversubscribed. I'd take a look at Amazon EC2 (or Digital Ocean, though they don't host Windows Server) to get a better idea of how much compute resources cost... and keep in mind that EC2 has massive scale that allows em to make resources more affordable than smaller providers can.
Thats vcores in a nutshell.

https://www.netcup.de/vserver/#features

A friend of mine had a vserver there. We only hosted terraria and a website tho so I cannot really say about the cpu usage.
It's 5,49€ each month if you make a 2year contract.
Without the contract it would be ~9€

They are quite cheap but I don't know about the pre-existing images. The 15€ one can have custom images tho so you could upload a windows server I guess.
And the 15€ one has 2 dedicated cores and not vcores.