Starlight Scepter

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Soluna

Starlight Scepter

Post by Soluna »

Nexon wrote:We at Mabinogi are proud to announce a relationship with Starlight Children's Foundation and we are introducing a new item to commemorate this event!

The Starlight Scepter will be available starting Wednesday, November 17 in Mabinogi for the price of 4,000 NX and 50 percent of each purchase will go directly to Starlight Children's Foundation. Energized by the power of children everywhere, this fancy scepter glows when equipped, as seen in the screenshots below. The Starlight Scepter will be on sale for one year, which gives everyone time to donate to a fantastic cause and look stylish in-game at the same time!

As well, Starlight will receive 35 percent of each sale of the Mabinogi soundtrack on iTunes. You can find the soundtrack here.

The Starlight Children's Foundation mission is in helping seriously ill children and their families cope with their pain, fear and isolation through entertainment, education and family activities.

We really look forward to this relationship with Starlight, as improving the quality of life for children who are seriously ill is very important to all of us at Nexon and Mabinogi, and we are proud to be a member of Starlight’s family.

Thanks to all the Mabinogi players and family for supporting Starlight Children's Foundation!

Aegis

Re: Starlight Scepter

Post by Aegis »

The Starlight Children's Foundation mission is in helping seriously ill children and their families cope with their pain, fear and isolation through entertainment, education and family activitie

We really look forward to this relationship with Starlight, as improving the quality of life for children who are seriously ill is very important to all of us at Nexon and Mabinogi, and we are proud to be a member of Starlight’s family.

Thanks to all the Mabinogi players and family for supporting Starlight Children's Foundation!
GAH! What a way to guilt trip people.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

="= You know, the origin of this wand looks like from TW's Weapon Design in 2007 that received 3rd Place (1st place was Wand of Ditis). That being said, I don't think this wand is in the other foreign servers, it would be interesting to see its stats and upgrade path.

Here's the Picture from the 2007 TW Weapon Design for the Wand:

Obviously not identical but very very similar (at least in my opinion ~"~...)
I guess is true devCat likes to "modify" past design submissions...
Beepuke

Post by Beepuke »

They look kind of cute but what are they, wands? and if they are, do they have elemental attributes and upgrade paths? ~"~ I'd buy them if they were decent.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Beepuke wrote:They look kind of cute but what are they, wands? and if they are, do they have elemental attributes and upgrade paths? ~"~ I'd buy them if they were decent.
They are... Blunts? No upgrade slots, 1-9 dmg etc... crappy stats? It is "Charity" after all...

In contrast... Lymilark Donation give you better "Item" < <...
Beepuke

Post by Beepuke »

screw children, i'd rather donate to the beggar in emain macha! zzz a blunt... i would have bought one if it were a wand lol.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

That sucks. It should totally be a wand of some sort. :( But at least it's nice of them to donate some of the revenue to charity.