Golem, Melee, 999s.

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Soluna

Golem, Melee, 999s.

Post by Soluna »

So, the common belief is that golem is too powerful and should be nerfed, not to mention the fact it threatens the status of melee warriors.

Why? Simple, becausegolems have a bigger windmill radius than that of the player, making them much easier to maintain the battle field through constant windmilling and when looking at a maximized power of a white golem, its pure raw base damage is 777 (gee devCat sure picked a meaningful number...), the exact formula is below:

(Golem Base Damage + Skill Rank Damage Bonus) * [(100 + (AM Bonus + EM Bonus + EM Title Bonus)*3)/100] * [(100 + Cylinder Bonus)/100]
*AM is Alchemy Mastery, EM is Earth Alchemy Mastery (that's right the EM title bonus is not an over all 10% increase for golem, it is 10% more to the EM efficiency).

Now then, how many melee can actually get a raw base damage up to 777? Not many, especially with the spotlight bonus effect in theater missions, many players can easily obtain 999 strength stats. However, when they are hit with this ray of despair (yes that's right, you heard me, ray of despair, even though most people are so happy at first they got that 999 stats and think it is awesome!), they soon discovered that in all their hard work they will not match up to the raw power of the Gundam, err I mean white devil, no! I mean the white golem.

Here is a example of a failed Dark Knight with 999 stats:

Failed? Failed?? You call that Fail??? Because when you consider this transformed giant into effect:

Or even just this little gentlemen over here:

So what? Every melee should go home and cry? Yes and No. Yes if the only thing that you know is Windmill Windmill Windmill Windmill and o Yea Windmill! That would be the job for a golem, not you. Raw power is not the only thing people should take into account for. Melee warriors have skills that can be chained into combos, unlike golem that can only smash and windmill. Any decent golem user should know that golem have its limits even at its best.

Should golem really be nerfed in terms of damage? No, not really, the size was already modified, so in my opinion golems are fine. What make the golem strong in the first place is its Windmill ability, if anything should be nerfed in this game, it is windmill, but that would be impossible since it is so well rooted in the game now.

Now then, back to recap the points:
1. Just because Gundams, I mean white golems have 777 raw damage does not mean you the player are less powerful.
2. 999 stats does not mean maximized power (Even for int, because there ARE Magic Atk increasing enchants), because you can go beyond 999 through damage.
3. ??? what there's more?...Players have broken 777 damage before:
(>_> Almighty Cat, 1016 barehand damage, its hand is glowing with an awsome power!!)
Armelle

Re: Golem, Melee, 999s.

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:Image
i couldn't help but notice,but isn't that the spark master title glitch :<?
i mean i guess it still counts even though it was fixed,but it seems kinda silly to use a fixed bug for an example
Lyrrad

Post by Lyrrad »

Soluna wrote:Or even just this little gentlemen over here:
I knew it, butlers are beastly powerful.

Golems don't get Support Shot damage bonus either. Technically a Meleer could double over them.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote: i couldn't help but notice,but isn't that the spark master title glitch :<?
i mean i guess it still counts even though it was fixed,but it seems kinda silly to use a fixed bug for an example
XD gg, that was my fishing bait and you bite it. Fixed, that what they want you to believe! And the glitch is not fixed, but don't worry about it, no one will do it anymore.
The actual point is, anything can be possible and easy through means of abusing "unintentional designs".

The general population is a naive and that is both a good and bad thing. On the surface you have the general population happily playing their fantasy life, below the ground you have the moles abusing the knowledge that is not known to public; like how many people actually know what is a twin leap? Sometimes it is better to not know certain things and live in that happiness, because when you know how somethings are being done through the unintended methods, nothing seems fun anymore (I am not implying to anything specific here XD don't bite the bait).

But yea sorry, I don't have actual image of a non-glitched someone having over 1000 base damage bare hands QQ.
Lyrrad wrote: I knew it, butlers are beastly powerful.
="= That's clearly not a butler uniform... clearly a "Gentlemen", AND they are also smart

Anyone has potential to be what they want, well... mostly anyway...
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Soluna wrote:XD gg, that was my fishing bait and you bite it.
a wild Armelle appears
>bait item
rock escape

well,it was kinda obvious by the title ;~;

at least you didnt have rocks!

...oh wait you had GOLEMS D8

anyway,this is one of the main reasons i didn't bother with gorems,
strong and all but in all honesty id rather rank my own melee first just for the sake of being able to do other stuff
granted an elf's melee won't be up to par with giants and humans,it can still be relatively useful despite being limited to sword/mace and shield
though melee is not really a top priority for me at all(iv'e still got alot of other skills to dump into) it is something id consider before golems for sure.
golems can only do so much for you,ya know

...kinda wish they make something like an elf only 2 handed sword(brionacdosntcount)
Kenero

Post by Kenero »

I don't understand how you get to that max damage of 1000.

Even using the Master of Shock title doesn't give that much stats (infact, I noticed my bear slayer in a single blow gives me more max damage than the shock title). =/
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Kenero wrote:I don't understand how you get to that max damage of 1000.

Even using the Master of Shock title doesn't give that much stats (infact, I noticed my bear slayer in a single blow gives me more max damage than the shock title). =/
It is an old bug when the title was first implemented, where by performing certain methods repeatedly you can infinitely increase your max damage, needless to say I won't say how it is performed for obvious reasons. This bug was first found on the TW server and while it happened the "Spark Masters" were doing things like 1 hit k.o.ing desert dragons (Literally the spawning message and the xxx defeated the Desert Dragon message appeared at the same time) and the speed run boss trial with a blink of an eye. It was then reported back to KR where they tried to fix it. The bug still exists, however the fix made that you have to perform the method so many times it is not practical at all to use it anymore. So just take it as what Armelle said, that example was an example through a bug abuse, which is not "legit" in the technical aspect.

Now then going back to what you said about bear slayer title dealing more damage. You are correct, you bear title should in general do more damage, and this is because the fix. The +4% Max Melee Damage at glance sounds very nice with people having over 3xx dmg that is over +12 max damage for the title and that's what it was intended. However, because of the abuse of this bug, the +4% Max Melee Damage's Melee Damage after the fix is only consist of Weapon Damage + Base Damage with no enchant bonus included. In this aspect it is very difficult for players to break 3xx max damage without their gears, unless of course you use Spirit Weapons, Brionac, Elsinore and the likes. So in the end, for most people the Shock title does not actually add more damage than any of the +30str title and not to mention the drawback effect that CC will nullify the title effect and you have to re-equip the title to get the effect, so in general this title is not widely used at all.

There are many title that give misleading effects like the Shock master. In general, the +xx% is not applied to the overall value where the player expected it would be.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

In response to the breaking the damage barrier the legal way: (took a while to find this)
Human DK in trans.