Mabinogi-2 God's Artworks

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Soluna

Mabinogi-2 God's Artworks

Post by Soluna »

Nuadha

Cichol

Morrighan

Macha

Nemhain

Eithne/Ethniu

Nuadha vs Sreng

For those of you wondering, Eithne is the mother of Lugh and the daughter of Balor the Evil Eye the King of the Fomarians in the myth. In the myth it was prophesied that Balor's grand child will slay him so Balor Locked Eithne up in a tower but eventually she escaped with helps and met with Lugh's Father Cian, a Tuatha De Danann, and have a triplets. Two of them were drowned by Balor's minions and one was dropped at a harbor. And that was Lugh, who eventually grew up to be the Knight of Light and killed Balor the Evil Eye. So Lugh is actually half Fomorian and half Tuatha De Danann.

The Last picture is Nuadha vs Sreng. Sreng is a Fir Bolg who cut off the arm of Nuadha that was forced to be replace by the Silver Arm we seen in Mabinogi. In the Myth, because of the Tutha De Dannan believe their king should be perfect, he was dethrone when his arm was cut off for having the imperfect body and Lugh took his place instead to lead the Tutha De Dannan. It is also safe to assume the sword in the picture is the Claimh Solas the Sword of Light.

="= base on the characters... it looks like 2 will be a story taking place earlier in the time line and.... I dunno <_< I don't think I'll play the game, but I will be interest in seeing what the story will be like since the artwork don't give me any "Fantasy Life" feel to it...
Armelle

Re: Mabinogi-2 God's Artworks

Post by Armelle »

thats some nice artwork
not a fan of nuadhas redesign though
and the only thing that could really make me play 2 is if they took the current combat system and improved upon it,or it just isn't boring,one of the two
it'll obviously never replace current mabi,for sure.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:thats some nice artwork
not a fan of nuadhas redesign though
and the only thing that could really make me play 2 is if they took the current combat system and improved upon it,or it just isn't boring,one of the two
it'll obviously never replace current mabi,for sure.
It is being currently developed by the original Vindictus team, so it might have more Vindictus combat feel.
And yes, current Vindictus is developed by Mabinogi's C3 team.
Regardless, is still too early to judge the game, but from the vibe it gives, I am probably not gonna be playing it.
I agree the art is awesome though, and the new Nuadha had too much beer or something... ="=|||
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Shouldn't Macha be a red head?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Aegis wrote:Shouldn't Macha be a red head?
Obviously the only one paying attention here <_<, I woun't be surprised if Mabinogi 2 is just another spin off like Vindictus at, not at all...
And yes, she is suppose to be red haired, according to "Mabinogi".
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

i don't remember but is it actually mentioned shes a red head or is it just her incarnation

if so,its not entirely impossible the hair would change

i mean, in heroes-spoiler(uhh i guess quote to read it):ti is blonde and is also the goddess

and then theres nao (not a goddess obviously but it makes a point)

either way the heroes team doesn't quite know what its doing with the games storyline anymore
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

In the book Macha According to Emain Macha from G3,

First 2 lines Quotes:
"Long, long ago, it was before all the Wars and Battles between humans and the Fomors began. Macha was one of the three Badhbh Cath goddesses of war, a beautiful goddess with crimson hair."

But if you mean Tieve transforming to Morrighan etc... you are right, there's nothing in the law says goddess/gods can't change their appearance etc... I mean look at Nuadha here <_<;;
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

lolol nuadha turned black! and cichol doesnt look different at all
and we can definitely tell that the vindictus team is going more for sex appeal (ex. neamhain's no-no square)
Achiel

Post by Achiel »

They could just actually have Mabinogi 2 as some giant content update for Vindictus for all we know.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Achiel wrote:They could just actually have Mabinogi 2 as some giant content update for Vindictus for all we know.
Doesn't it look more like a sequel to Vindictus rather than Mabinogi <_<?