Regarding NX Web Logins/Forum Logins security

Debate the latest buzz in the world of Mabinogi!
Soluna

Regarding NX Web Logins/Forum Logins security

Post by Soluna »

Not to start a ruckus or something, but Sigea said several people have been hacked already with in a couple hour ago.

And the people who were hacked suspects something to do with Nexon Forum/Game Web Logins.

Seems have to be fault with SSL?

http://forum.nexon.net/Vindictus/forums ... 38134.aspx

Just a fair warning, avoid using it if you can? (Although I don't think any of us use web logins...)

But... THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
Achiel

Re: Regarding NX Web Logins/Forum Logins security

Post by Achiel »

Sounds like an injection happened.
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

I wonder if this could have been how my account got breached? I remember having to log in on the official websites to receive event rewards (sillyness)
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Guys.. you are way overreacting.
Nexon never used SSL. We all, always knew this because our browsers never showed Nexon sites as SSL encrypted or "secure." Most sites are not SSL encrypted. Random hackers cannot exploit this.

In order to be at risk here, you would need someone inside your home LAN to mess with your network so they can see the packets sent by your computer. So.. worry only if you have shady people using your home network. O_o That, or if you use random public free WiFi. If you have to use an untrusted network, you should encrypt your connection with a VPN.

I edited the topic titles and changed it from Announcement type to normal. Rest easy, folks. xP
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:Guys.. you are way overreacting.
Nexon never used SSL. We all, always knew this because our browsers never showed Nexon sites as SSL encrypted or "secure." Most sites are not SSL encrypted. Random hackers cannot exploit this.

I edited the topic titles and changed it from Announcement type to normal. Rest easy, folks. xP
Err.... no, it is just a warning. However, Sig's accounts of people being on Vindictus is valid.
I never do anything with the webs... most of us don't...

Plus, most us of to deal with our "suspicious" roomates... not... =P
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

I know, but it sounded like there was an outbreak of hacking incidents or something because of this. I thought there was a new web exploit, then I found out people were just complaining about the lack of login encryption...
It was blown out of proportion. xP

You're 100x more likely to get hacked via keylogger from a downloaded mod than through this.. unless you have an evil room mate who likes their Nexon games. >.>
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Well... I did kinda... did some... bad stuff... to my room mate's connection, but hey... he won't stop torrenting...

Although, Sigea said alot people he knew got hacked today, so... there might be something going on in Vind.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

...lol i wasn't really aware that there was a way to open the mabi .exe without logging on to the website
is it just find the .exe file and double click?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

shadofrak wrote:...lol i wasn't really aware that there was a way to open the mabi .exe without logging on to the website
is it just find the .exe file and double click?
Yea...