Armies of Colhen (dragon raid)

For general discussions related to Nexon's latest Mabinogi-themed offering: Vindictus!
Yuneiko

Re: Armies of Colhen (dragon raid)

Post by Yuneiko »

Armelle wrote:
Yuneiko wrote:Did they at least change it from 6's terrible "renbu" system?
id only rented 6 for a little while,but looking up what the renbu system is i don't think theres anything like that in 7.
Essetially, they completely changed the formula for fighting. Instead of the traditional weak>strong, w>w>s, w>w>w>s comboing system, they went for a silly thing of "endless" attacking with weaks or endless attacking with strongs. Your "renbu" gauge determines how long your attack string is before it loops, and to keep the renbu gauge up, you have to be hitting things; getting hit makes you lose it. Terrible system in that it made the game so monotonous, especially if you were using one of the bow users. I hear that 6 had such a poor reception that koei returned to the traditional w>w>w>s system in 7. However, i'm not so sure about the whole everyone can use every weapon deal, it makes me feel that characters are no longer unique save their skins and models.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Wait, the raid is called God of Fomors? I thought the Dragonoid God of Fomors idea was unofficial.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

From what I remember, it was unofficial, indeed. But then devCat stole the idea and gave no credit for it. They apologized for doing that at some point, I think I even made a thread about it.. will find it later.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Yuneiko wrote:However, i'm not so sure about the whole everyone can use every weapon deal, it makes me feel that characters are no longer unique save their skins and models.
they all have special attacks related to their main weapon,you really miss out by not using it.
besides,you can hold 2 weapons at once,so its best to have the main one + an additional one you'd like to combo up with it. its actually a very nice system.
the weapons that aren't their main one don't get special attacks.
and yeah,that renbu system isn't in this game at all.

anyway,this is off topicu o/
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

ITT my hack n slash is better than yours =3=