Vindictus thread!

For general discussions related to Nexon's latest Mabinogi-themed offering: Vindictus!
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: New Vindictus skills

Post by ferghus »

It seems I'm a bit late here, but just a reminder: While debate is encouraged, do so in a friendly manner. I see a lot of less-than-friendly remarks flying from both sides here. I know that some love to debate on message boards in the "pwn the noob" style... and that's fine if you're doing it with idiots on the Nexon Forums or whatever, but not here.

As for the debate about player skill, as opposed to characters' skills, you are both correct in different contexts: Elf jailbait is right that games like Mabinogi Heroes and Monster Hunter can be seen as skill-based because they require proper strategies to play, as opposed to a primitive click-with-higher-stats-to-win design that most MMOs employ. But on the other hand, Herb Slayer is right in that the strategies required in such games ultimately get dumbed down to be accessible for the average gamer. Furthermore, guides are made available, eliminating much of the need for the player to skillfully figure out the required strategy. It turns into "do this, do that, and you win". But then I think of FEZ, and the battlefield insight required to properly fight battles. I think that it's a more strategic game than most, where skill does come into play.

But um, yeah, this thread is supposed to be for Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus discussion. :<
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

well,may as well get back on topic,o i no
oversized images from when i played

we guna keel youuuu

we ded

it ded

i appear to have taken damage

john ded

i ded

your goddess is in another castle.

proxy ded.

d'aww,forgot to take a pic of heroes furghus
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ferghus »

I love the pic with the torn skirt. XD
The way the shield was partially destroyed is pretty cool, too. How do repairs work in this game? I can see mabi-fashionistas crying if their beloved dresses get torn to shreds like that. ;(
Achiel

Post by Achiel »

For damages on the field. You just use a repair kit. It doesn't actually repair the durability points though. Just fixes it up so your defense won't be so fucked up on the field.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vindictus thread!

Post by ferghus »

I stumbled across Steparu's interview of the Vindictus producer for Nexon America at E3. I thought it was interesting, so here it is:
Steparu: Are you planning on releasing the Mage class, Evy right away? Or will you wait a month or two like the Korean version did?
Chris: Not immediately, but she will be available before full commercial release. She won't be available in Closed Beta but soon after, Maybe around Open Beta. Evy will be one of the first updates that we will have for Vindictus.
(This is probably one of the most important questions I have. Isn't that good news folks! I am excited to hear this myself, after all Evy is one of my favorite characters.)

Steparu: Vindictus Online looks like a hardcore game, with all that action going on and fast paced gameplay. How will it affect players who have less playtime as to others who go crazy hardcore with Vindictus?
Chris: Well, I think that obviously if you put more play time in it you will be ahead you know? But the beauty of Vindictus and most of our games is that it is very easy to pick up and play and learn the basics, but then it's difficult to master. So I think even if somebody were just to come in and play it casually, they will learn to appreciate it and love it. As to someone who spends more time playing the game they will be rewarded.
(Chris handled this question effortlessly, so even if you don't spend that much time on the game, if you master and read enemy movements carefully, you'll pick up games fast, then you will have no problem being on par with the more hardcore players. Hell, I play Vindictus casually and I still think I own!)

Steparu: Since Vindictus is free to play, how will it affect players who rather play the game and be stingy with cash shop items?
Chris: We always try to make it pretty close to a level playing field. In reality, most of our players don't ever purchase anything in cash shop. Then there are players who purchase items. We still haven't decided on what we will be having in cash shop. None of our games have any game-breaking type of items that you can purchase. The cash shop items are gonna be heavily focused on cosmetics, undergarments, and some potions.
(So far it looks like no crazy changes yet!)

Steparu: Will players be restricted with content or require cash to unlock, play, and advance further in the game?
Chris: What I really like about Vindictus is players who won't be spending money on the game won't be restricted with any content updates and such. They will be able to experience every content of the game, and won't be at a major disadvantage to players who spent money on the game.
(Having played the Korean version for almost half a month now, this is definitely true. The only time I purchased Korean NX is changing her hair style and undergarments.)

Steparu: Will Vindictus be up-to-date with current content of the Korean version?
Chris: We will at first be behind, but our goal is to catch up so that we will be releasing the same content simultaneously with the Korean version. Of course, we will have a lot of catching up to do, so it won't happen right away. However, we are planning on having frequent updates. I am not certain on the exact timeframe, but my guess is about four to six weeks for every new update.
(Monthly updates is great news, in fact that's a lot better than the Korean version.)

Steparu: Vindictus is very popular for it's very mature action gameplay with blood gushing out everywhere! Will any of these be toned down in the NA version of the game?
Chris: The content itself will be the same, we are not toning it down or anything other than localizing it. We are keeping everything! We are going to keep it just as violent and brutal, brutal elegance is our key phrasing for the game. We are definitely keeping that brutal elegance concept for sure.
(I am guessing that they will be dropping the 15 version of the game, and sticking with the 18 version and keeping it bloody awesome!)

Steparu: I love Vindictus, but how will some players react to some of the repetitive dungeons in the game?
Chris: Well we have a couple different things, we have multiple different rooms that are randomly generated each time. Then you also have all kinds of achievements, some dungeons will require to solo or finish the dungeon during a certain amount of time. There are a lot of things that keep the game fresh.
(Yup, it's still addicting and there are a lot of other things that will keep you addicted to this game like the raids and such available in the future and the new content updates!)

Steparu: Are there any specific dates as to when Closed Beta will start?
Chris: We can't really say about it yet but we will be announcing the dates very soon. Every one who got scanned by one of our people in E3 will be informed as to when it will start along with how to get involve in CBT.
(CBT soon oooooh yeaeee!)

Steparu: Do you guys keep in contact with developers often? I am very curious as to how the Dark Knight and Paladin transformation will be, can you leak some information? Haha
Chris: I can't really talk about that, but we do talk to the developers every single day.
(awww darn!)
I cut out some parts that I thought were pointless. You can read the full version here.
somecoolguy

Re: Vindictus thread!

Post by somecoolguy »

Sounds like a good game to loaf around in. Pick up anything and chuck it.