Vindictus thread!

For general discussions related to Nexon's latest Mabinogi-themed offering: Vindictus!
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Vindictus thread!

Post by ferghus »

Lots of awesome. o_o;; The skill at 0:30 looks like a real man's version of Final Hit, unlike the sissy one Mabinogi has. >.o
Looking at the skill animations, I can now see what the devCAT dev meant when he told me they were focusing more on animation work than graphics rendering. :P
I wanna play this. :<
youknowwhoiam

Re: New Vindictus skills

Post by youknowwhoiam »

this game looks very boring and bad
give me the info you used to talk with the devcat
Beepuke

Post by Beepuke »

i feel like the skills are made in such a way that you can barely tell what's going on most of the time. maybe it'd be different if you were playing it but right now, not too terribly impressed. it does look nice though
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

Just like any other game coming out nowadays, all flash. We'll see how the game plays and how the content is.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

its repetitive,very repetitive (i mean it is an mmorpg but yeah)
you start out with a prologue/tutorial

then your sent to this town out in the middle of god knows where,you then basically do what you did the first few hours of mabinogi,aka beginner quests

then its all pure quests from there,wich also happen to be the dungeons

the dungeons design does not change unless its a different mission,the monsters are generally all the same throughout each mission(even in the other dungeons),you basically left click all enemys to death without much thought put into it unless you feel like grabbing one of them and overdramatically break their spine

bosses require a little bit of thought,but theres really only one or 2 thought worthy bosses per dungeon,some bosses have armor sets wich you gather mats from to make (aka i want to be the monster hunter!)

a short while after your first big boss,clifford the big red dog,you get to the 2nd dungeon,wich should be ice unless they changed it
it starts require a sort of "stamina bar" in the form of silver coins,it takes about 2 coins to even start a mission there,and they regen once every few days,there is suposedly a way to grind for them in the first dungeons,though i never bothered to try when i played

all in all,this game is horribly repetitive but not terrible...and not great either. it has its moments,though.
i really only recomend it as a side game just because its a prologue to mabi plot wise

edit:Oh, and mages are not crappy now either
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ferghus »

Beepuke wrote:i feel like the skills are made in such a way that you can barely tell what's going on most of the time. maybe it'd be different if you were playing it but right now, not too terribly impressed. it does look nice though
I can tell what's going on. o-o; The first skill looks like a bunch of AoE strikes, followed by a really cool dual stab finish. The other skill is dash-like, reminds me of teleporting FH when used consecutively. The girl's skills are also well-defined, except for the first one.. the 2nd is some sort of a shield bash, and the 3rd is a weird whirlwind kind of attack. O_o
youknowwhoiam wrote:this game looks very boring and bad
give me the info you used to talk with the devcat
That would be mean to the devCAT dev. :|
elf jb wrote:all in all,this game is horribly repetitive but not terrible...and not great either. it has its moments,though.
i really only recomend it as a side game just because its a prologue to mabi plot wise
Remember to keep in mind that you may be comparing it to Mabinogi (or other MMOs) that have been in development for a much longer time; Mabinogi has been in development for ~7 years? I remember when the Mabinogi closed beta came out and only Tir was available.. people quickly began to complain that the game sucked and there was nothing to do. So clearly, Heroes will be lacking in terms of features from the start, but looking at it, it just seems like it has a lot of potential and to me it looks pretty fun, based off the videos. Then again, it could always go in a lame direction and not meet its potential and expectations. Nonetheless, it seems like a really cool game to at least try; I can't wait. :P

And I saw that Evil Evy video, so wicked. +_+ I kind of wish she didn't have the weird helmet, though.
youknowwhoiam

Post by youknowwhoiam »

Yoorah wrote:That would be mean to the devCAT dev. :|
you didn't talk to a devcat
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Yoobutt wrote:Remember to keep in mind that you may be comparing it to Mabinogi (or other MMOs) that have been in development for a much longer time; Mabinogi has been in development for ~7 years? I remember when the Mabinogi closed beta came out and only Tir was available.. people quickly began to complain that the game sucked and there was nothing to do. So clearly, Heroes will be lacking in terms of features from the start, but looking at it, it just seems like it has a lot of potential and to me it looks pretty fun, based off the videos. Then again, it could always go in a lame direction and not meet its potential and expectations. Nonetheless, it seems like a really cool game to at least try; I can't wait. :P
i actually didnt compare it to anything,and i only referanced a few games to give an idea of what i was speaking of

also the game wasnt really lacking content at all
it was just a bit to... same thing over and over,i mean you actually got stuck on some missions before you could progress because apparently levels matter in a skill based game like this. I.e you need to be level 12 for this mission but your only level 10,go back and redo the same mission 10 times to progress.

but yeah,im guna play it a while anyway.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ferghus »

youknowwhoiam wrote:
Yoorah wrote:That would be mean to the devCAT dev. :|
you didn't talk to a devcat
lol @ this
elf jb wrote:
Yoobutt wrote:Remember to keep in mind that you may be comparing it to Mabinogi (or other MMOs) that have been in development for a much longer time; Mabinogi has been in development for ~7 years? I remember when the Mabinogi closed beta came out and only Tir was available.. people quickly began to complain that the game sucked and there was nothing to do. So clearly, Heroes will be lacking in terms of features from the start, but looking at it, it just seems like it has a lot of potential and to me it looks pretty fun, based off the videos. Then again, it could always go in a lame direction and not meet its potential and expectations. Nonetheless, it seems like a really cool game to at least try; I can't wait. :P
i actually didnt compare it to anything,and i only referanced a few games to give an idea of what i was speaking of

also the game wasnt really lacking content at all
it was just a bit to... same thing over and over,i mean you actually got stuck on some missions before you could progress because apparently levels matter in a skill based game like this. I.e you need to be level 12 for this mission but your only level 10,go back and redo the same mission 10 times to progress.

but yeah,im guna play it a while anyway.
Perhaps you're right, but then I wonder if it will have the true, authentic over-and-over "features," like Mabinogi's requirement for people to rank Refining and other mindless activities. :|
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Yoorah wrote: Perhaps you're right, but then I wonder if it will have the true, authentic over-and-over "features," like Mabinogi's requirement for people to rank Refining and other mindless activities. :|
so far,skills only require AP,some gold,and a certain base level.
you can get up to 50 AP while logged out cause theres some AP gain system.
there are no life skills as far as i can see and have seen