Perm items

For general discussions related to Nexon's latest Mabinogi-themed offering: Vindictus!
Armelle

Perm items

Post by Armelle »

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content ... ntNo=00Bt6

well,there goes my nx saved for dragons,ill just pick up some more when dragons come out i guess

didn't have enough to buy a mole and the underwear,went for priorities and got the under wear,ill buy the mole when i get some more i guess.

also month long anti-token event.
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content ... ntNo=00Bt1
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Re: Perm items

Post by ferghus »

Yay no tokens. xd I don't think I'll bother with perm hair (or undewear lol) though.
Apparently staff evies got some really nice new skills. Ice Spear doesn't look as cool as the original Mabinogi one, but it still freezes bosses so that's pretty darn useful. :)
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Mmm yea... I don't really get the pay for non perm item idea... seem right to give perm item to begin with...

And underwear are important! You can have no money, but you can't have no underwear! (+5 point to who know what I am referencing at).

Since dragon is not release at anniversary, err when was Mabi's anniversary again? I was kinda expecting it to be release around that...

And looks like your signature image is not broken anymore.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ferghus »

The concept behind expiring items is well designed, actually. It has served MapleStory quite well, for many years.. you can judge the results yourself.

The idea is that fashion items get boring after some time, new stuff comes out, and you wanna buy that instead. By making the items expire, they can lower prices on items, making them more affordable while increasing sales and interest in the cash shop stuff since people are constantly buying the new fashion trend items.

It didn't work on Vindictus because many of those fashion items are covered by armour anyway. In Maple, fashion items from the cash shop cover your normal gear instead.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

"hey guys lets have a month long event where it costs nothing to run boats,so we can have an excuse to take it down once a day for 15minutes~2hours and perform maint that we could have saved for a few days."
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ferghus »

The maint was probably related to the server lag. :(
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:The concept behind expiring items is well designed, actually. It has served MapleStory quite well, for many years.. you can judge the results yourself.

The idea is that fashion items get boring after some time, new stuff comes out, and you wanna buy that instead. By making the items expire, they can lower prices on items, making them more affordable while increasing sales and interest in the cash shop stuff since people are constantly buying the new fashion trend items.

It didn't work on Vindictus because many of those fashion items are covered by armour anyway. In Maple, fashion items from the cash shop cover your normal gear instead.
I am not questioning the business point of the stand, I am sure it make lots of money. I am questioning people's impulse to buy things that doesn't become yours. I am just saying I would never spend money on things like that, I'd rather spend a dollar buying a box of chow mein which usually is buy 1 get 1 free... man the things I eat to save money... Is been a while since I ate something decent...