Nexon KR Admits Dragon Story was a User's Creation

For general discussions related to Nexon's latest Mabinogi-themed offering: Vindictus!
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Nexon KR Admits Dragon Story was a User's Creation

Post by ferghus »

Recently, it was uncovered by players that the story of the new patch " God of Formors " was actually the creation of a user DC마일드, and today, the GM has admitted and apologized for the unauthorized use of users contents as the game content,
they are still under consultation for the compensation.

It is all over the media now, here's one of article:
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.ph ... gory=12101

I know DevCat was rushing for this updates and release it in summer time, but this time I am quite disappointed about the conduct of this developing team..

VindiHQ member-Astroboy1928
I stumbled across this here: http://mabination.com/threads/33701-Nex ... n?p=547291
I don't have a VindiHQ account so I can't link to the source directly. xd

Pretty interesting revelation, I wonder how it'll turn out. I mean, to use someone's stuff and not give credit is pretty unprofessional. Unless it was posted on a Nexon forum, in which case Nexon would automatically have rights to it.
Twinky

Re: Nexon KR Admits Dragon Story was a User's Creation

Post by Twinky »

He'll probably be arrested or fined a large sum of money. I'm sure they'll work it out sometime. The worste case scenario he goes to jail. The best is he has to pay a fine. Though im sure he'll just pay a fine.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

This is not surprising considering alot of in game mechanics in Mabinogi are from player ideas as well like the dual wield system, game clock display system, etc...

More or less, devCat themselves are kinda out of ideas right now, you can tell by alot of the event going on in KR where they are asking for player to help design the game. Although this my sound like an AWESOME idea it usually end up being catastrophic (Not pointing at a particular game that is scratched).

There's a fine difference asking for player inputs about the game and flat out implementing what the player wants (Not pointing at particular situations). The difference is that the players are meant to play the game not design the game. As soon as a player is allowed to design for a game, it becomes what he or she wants not what "players" wants. On the other hand, designers have to think about the various game elements then implement new designs, what players want may not always be the best ideas for games.

I think I said it before and I will still stand by it that Mabinogi is a mix of various elements of a different game and how it turns out is quite interesting. At first it seems new and fun, but eventually at the late stage you should see that it is nothing but a less form of all the other games. The only difference in Mabinogi is that you have more freedom in picking at which game element you want to play at.

Although at the current stage, I think the poor responses to the hacking situations and support from the various game service provider (Not just Nexon themselves) have pretty much decimated most of their customer base (as in paying players, myself included) is a much dire situation than that cat is out of idea situation.

However, I doubt they are really worried at all though, since I am pretty sure there will be people biting the new premium service and metaltool kits when it is released just like the very expensive gahcapons (assuming there was no hacking on that part). I have no problem with it though and I welcome it knowing that there will be others who will be paying to support the game to be continued to be serviced, so I don't know why anyone should be against such awesome "NX" spending traps.

*If I seem like angry in this post, I am not! And I assure you Lagiacrus has nothing to do with it.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

as much as id like to comment on the topic at hand,is the dragon "God of fomors" at least called Balor?
one doesn't simply just become the god of fomors...
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

I'm terrible, the only thing that pops up to my mind in this is the whole "USER GENERATED CONTENT" move a few years back. Stuff like Spore and Littlebigplanet where there is little to no professional content, the player is forced to make it. MILLIONS OF PLAYER MADE LEVELS! Too bad that 99.99% of them suck. Amateur content will be amateur content. Course, I'd probably get my head bitten off for that ideology from the creative types, but nonetheless, I feel UGC is terrible.

Also, now that you finally downed lagia Solar, we must farm it to the end of time to make you his armor set.
Twinky

Post by Twinky »

Yoorah wrote:
Recently, it was uncovered by players that the story of the new patch " God of Formors " was actually the creation of a user DC마일드, and today, the GM has admitted and apologized for the unauthorized use of users contents as the game content,
I'm glad he apologized, but It still doesn't surprise me to see him do this. What does surprise me, however, is the sheer fact that he hasn't acknowledged it until now. If the user hadn't complained, he would have never came out to tell people that he did this, and that's what angers me so much.
shadofrak

Post by shadofrak »

Yuneiko wrote:I'm terrible, the only thing that pops up to my mind in this is the whole "USER GENERATED CONTENT" move a few years back. Stuff like Spore and Littlebigplanet where there is little to no professional content, the player is forced to make it. MILLIONS OF PLAYER MADE LEVELS! Too bad that 99.99% of them suck. Amateur content will be amateur content. Course, I'd probably get my head bitten off for that ideology from the creative types, but nonetheless, I feel UGC is terrible.

Also, now that you finally downed lagia Solar, we must farm it to the end of time to make you his armor set.
finally someone who shares my ideology!
i agree with this and player-create games suck, i wanna get back to the awesome jrpg stuff we used to have in this world