relations to the REAL mabi

For general discussions related to Nexon's latest Mabinogi-themed offering: Vindictus!
shadofrak

relations to the REAL mabi

Post by shadofrak »

so... an rl friend who is the laziest mabi player suggested i play vindictus and, remarkably, my comp can withstand the graphics load
after playing for about a half-hour i noticed there were actually a lot of mabi references, so lets list em here!!!

[*]tieve's dress in the tutorial is Morrighan's dress
[*]aodhan (apparently that mess of letters is pronounced "ey-dan") is a leader of the mercenary group rather than the Royal Army
[*]ROFL Ferghus
[*]Clodagh's clothing is the same as Caitin's
mitzi1

Re: relations to the REAL mabi

Post by mitzi1 »

Giant spider
The mysterious stranger is remarkably like Duncan's DevCat :P
there are kobolds in one of the dungeons...
the goddess statue is the same statue in mabinogi dungeons
too lazy to think of more now
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

mitzi1 wrote:Giant spider
there are kobolds in one of the dungeons...
If you include monsters, there's way more than that. Even the first dungeon in Vindictus has Fantasy Life's Gnolls.

Although remember, Vindictus is no longer based on Mabi according to DevCAT (including storyline), so consider these moreso cameos.
Siskan

Post by Siskan »

About Ferghus: He says "ops, my hand slipped" in Vindictus as well occasionally, even though he never fails. He does fail in the story once though and then he says it as well.
And if you pay the bard in Rocheste 100 gold and request the blacksmith song, he mentions Ferghus and plays a song which resembles his theme in Mabinogi.

Glas and Succubus bosses...