TotalBiscuit Vindictus Livestream

For general discussions related to Nexon's latest Mabinogi-themed offering: Vindictus!
nandattebayo

Re: TotalBiscuit Vindictus Livestream

Post by nandattebayo »

shadofrak wrote:based on those two videos, the entire game vindictus looks like a rip-off of MH...
Vindictus is Mabinogi Heroes. The NA version changed the name.
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

By MH, he meant Monster Hunter. :P
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Yoorah wrote:By MH, he meant Monster Hunter. :P
Way too similar initials.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

nandattebayo wrote:
Yoorah wrote:By MH, he meant Monster Hunter. :P
Way too similar initials.
More things trying to rip-off of ~"~... j/k
shadofrak wrote:based on those two videos, the entire game vindictus looks like a rip-off of MH...
Is just similar game genre, but both have their own features given that there's still much similar ideas such as repairing items in combat where in MH3 you have to sharpen your weapon because it gets dull etc...

It is just that MH3 doesn't have to deal with thing like ranking skill or that type of typical... RPG elements as much, is just you and your execution of the weapon and timing. Given you still have to level up and unlock different monsters to fight with.

But yea... they probably should have made Vindictus a platform video game...
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

By far, the thing i hate most about tri: online is forced grindan to unlock new monsters. Frontier is by far THE most guilty of grindfest. Then again, MH1 had it too, and I assume MH2 had it, considering Frontier is a PC port of MH2. The portable iterations have all just required key quests and urgents alone to unlock the next * quests.

Otherwise, one word comes to mind when it comes to mon han: manual.

It's like driving a stickshift. EVERYTHING is done by you, from camera to precision aiming to hit what you want for MASSIVE DAMAGE. Or to break/chop off specific parts to get that damn unlucky carve (hello maws)
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

i feel like im the only person who really likes the way frontier did the HR progression
i dunno i guess it just felt more rewarding than being thrown out there like the portable series
then again,i cant get xlink to work nor have my ps3 wired so i cant play them online to begin with--that may contribute
iwishihadmonhunfriends

also vindictus gets boring so very very quick,i wouldn't call it mosnter hunter outside of the boss variety and gear creation...

also...why did they move to 3DS when i could have finally enjoyed my right stick attack controls on the vita ;_;
(and not be region locked so i could like,import it...even though crapcom seems perfectly okay with releasing MH for a system doing terribly everywhere.)
sad day when even monhun cant sell a system to me
...and DON'T EVEN mention that add on stick,MAYBE ill get one when its integrated to the handheld.
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

Even I don't like the 3DS. Vita is gonna be a very late aquisition for me, same as PSP. Still, capcom gonna capcom, anyone say hello to 3rd stateside yet?

I didn't think so.
iwishihadmonhanfriendstoo

3DS would require a whole redesign for me to get one. Fix the dpad placement, fix the battery issue, remove 3D(would fix the battery issue bigtime), and a built in 2nd analog. THEN would i even remotely consider getting it. Even then, the biggest issue by FAR for both portables is the games. So far, NOTHING appeals to me, which makes me sad. Sans Dragon's Crown, but that's for tripple as well, so that doesn't count, since I don't count multi plats when it comes to deciding to get a new vidya player.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Clearly Hunters have hijacked this thread.

Try to not swerve to far off ="=
Yuneiko

Post by Yuneiko »

Jho Override!

Non-Hunting mode ENGAGE.
Nonetheless, Heroes got boring for me too. Sure, it's flashy, looks nice, and such, but it just feels hollow to play to me. Dunno how else to describe it. I guess my experience with it is style over substance?
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Yuneiko wrote:but it just feels hollow to play to me. Dunno how else to describe it. I guess my experience with it is style over substance?
this