[G16S2] Update Overview

Mabinogi updates that have been released from testing are posted here!
Daakun

Re: [G16S2] Update Overview

Post by Daakun »

Do any of the skills force a perfect play or allow walking, like Enthralling Performance?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Daakun wrote:Do any of the skills force a perfect play or allow walking, like Enthralling Performance?
Yea you can move around with Melody Shock, not the other ones. And by force perfect play I assume you mean training? I don't believe it will matter much in that aspect considering composing skill and knowledge are both uncapped to rank 1.
Psy wrote: New question (although this doesn't apply to me because I'm an elf), if one does G3 now up until the point they get either the Antifomor Robe or the Protection Charm Bracelet (depending on which they want) then stop and waits for G16S2 to come out, will they get to redo G1-3 while still keeping those items? (Although I doubt many people have tested this.) Also, please tell me they didn't remove the Protection Charm Quest?...
If I remember correctly... You err completely restart from the beginning of the generation you were at when the new main streams are implemented so I'd imagine even if they don't wipe it from your inventory... when you complete the quests they will disappear anyway and I don't believe either item can be put in pet or in bank... so I am don't believe you can keep them and complete the quests.
Yoshi18 wrote: Thanks for the information. To answer your question, I would run missions naked so, if this were the case, and it's not, I wouldn't lose max dura on all the important things that are near and dear to me. I'm slightly OCD like that.
You probably don't have to run mission naked... just use non-important items will do, since some mission you do need to be well equipped.

As for repair protection potion, they actually repair until they fail. Meaning if you have say 0/10 on an item and choose fix all then say it fail on the 7th point it will be 7/10 instead 7/7. It was actually funny when someone tested that on a 0/22 Highlander Bow on Edern and it ended up to be 21/22 and then it became 21/21 because the player forgot to re-bless and repair right away again.

As for how holy water helps on repairs, base on maid/butler partner's 99% repair rate with blessed items and that it can still fail: The theory is that bless item have half the chance of at failing repairs. So... for Edern's 98% it would be 2% fail rate reduce by half making it 99% repair rate, on NPC like say Ferghus it would be 90% with 10% fail rate cut in half making it 95% repair rate. Unlike 1% or 2% increase as some have believed.

And yes I just feel like to blabber about random things this morning.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Meant the music itself.
Enthralling performance will make it so not a single one of your notes are off, ever, eliminating the need for adding a 'tester' to a song.
Unfortunately, it eats more stamina than I even have to play a full song with it, and it blocks stamina potions while in use. :/
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Yeah, I think Daakun was talking about it from a purely musical performance perspective. It make playing songs perfectly easier. It's ridiculously hard to get perfect jams going, which is a shame. :(
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Yoorah wrote:Yeah, I think Daakun was talking about it from a purely musical performance perspective. It make playing songs perfectly easier. It's ridiculously hard to get perfect jams going, which is a shame. :(
Out of the top of my head no, is not 100% success at playing the music but it is 100% activation of the effect because the way you train it is by playing the skill.

The new skills are just Play Instrument Skill with magical effects.

They did fiddle a bit with the success rate of playing and the training method of Play Instrument skill I believe with the uncapped skills and all.
Ranalf

Post by Ranalf »

I keep hearing that enemies have Heavy stander in G16S2. Is this true?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Ranalf wrote:I keep hearing that enemies have Heavy stander in G16S2. Is this true?
Don't enemies have Heavy Stander now...?
Ranalf

Post by Ranalf »

Soluna wrote:
Ranalf wrote:I keep hearing that enemies have Heavy stander in G16S2. Is this true?
Don't enemies have Heavy Stander now...?
I ment normal mobs, kinda like Black Ship rats. I keep hearing from friends that normal mobs are gonna be getting Heavy Stander, but I think that's false.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Ranalf wrote: I meant normal mobs, kinda like Black Ship rats. I keep hearing from friends that normal mobs are gonna be getting Heavy Stander, but I think that's false.
I am not sure what you mean by "normal"... but yea... raccoons are not having Heavy Stander in G16S2...
The monsters are just as they are now.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Do you know if ideals still exist after this update? If so, was it updated to be easier and/or to include elf and giant hair/skin/eye colors?