[G17S2] String of Destiny: Puppet Master

Mabinogi updates that have been released from testing are posted here!
Daakun

Re: [G17S2] String of Destiny: Puppet Master

Post by Daakun »

After paying closer attention to the video I saw earlier, looks like it was the enemy using smash while the camera was aimed just right to have it look like the marionette's.
Didn't help the enemy was already knocked down and the normal melee hit killed it, added to the illusion.

But yeah, this is looking like loads of fun. Good thing I already have a decent chunk of dex from my stint as an archer; r1 refine was a pain, glad it won't be going to waste. :p
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Daakun wrote:After paying closer attention to the video I saw earlier, looks like it was the enemy using smash while the camera was aimed just right to have it look like the marionette's.
Didn't help the enemy was already knocked down and the normal melee hit killed it, added to the illusion.

But yeah, this is looking like loads of fun. Good thing I already have a decent chunk of dex from my stint as an archer; r1 refine was a pain, glad it won't be going to waste. :p
Refine? I'm not looking forward to ranking Weaving, even with Merchant destiny and my Brionac D:

At least my strength is already at a decent level.
Anitun

Post by Anitun »

Curious. Are they any skill restriction of marionette use in duels? Such as alchemy's golem?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Anitun wrote:Curious. Are they any skill restriction of marionette use in duels? Such as alchemy's golem?
Marionettes only use your marionette skill ranks. (Not their own ranks like golems or normal skills like golems.) Using normal skills while a marionette is out will cause the player to use it, not the mariontte. Marionettes are not like Golems at all.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Philozoph wrote:
Anitun wrote:Curious. Are they any skill restriction of marionette use in duels? Such as alchemy's golem?
Marionettes only use your marionette skill ranks. (Not their own ranks like golems or normal skills like golems.) Using normal skills while a marionette is out will cause the player to use it, not the mariontte. Marionettes are not like Golems at all.
They mean can you use puppets in duels. Golems will be forcibly de-summoned at the start of a duel.
Anitun

Post by Anitun »

nandattebayo wrote:
Philozoph wrote:
They mean can you use puppets in duels. Golems will be forcibly de-summoned at the start of a duel.
As he says. I am curious if there are any similar restrictions.
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

@puppet damage
I think the damage formula might have been changed since puppets went on live server.

For example:

The listed formula of 4.5 STR = 1 max and 3.5 DEX = 1 max would give something like...
618 STR (~137.3 max damage) + 855 DEX (~244.3 max damage) + Handle (24 max damage) + Combat Mastery (18 max damage) = ~423.6 max damage. This does not match the character screen damage of 462 with these stats.

However, something like DEX and STR both being 3.5 = 1 max gives a closer number such as...
618 STR (~176.6 max damage) + 855 DEX (~244.3 max damage) + Handle (24 max damage) + Combat Mastery (18 max damage) = ~462.9 max damage. This matches the number in character screen very closely.

Used DK transformation and the numbers in character screen seemed to match both stats being 3.5 = 1 max or something that produces a similar result as well. For minimum damage, seems like both stats being 5 for 1 min could be close at first glance.

I could be missing something blindinly obvious, but just noticed that the formula you came up with during testing didn't add up for my stats currently. It's possible they might have sneaked in a buff somewhere along the way.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

It has changed.

3.5 str/dex for 1 max dmg, 5 str/dex for 1 min dmg. Both stats raise damage equally.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Are marionette handles special upgradeable? And if so, whose damage is increased, yours or the puppet's?
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

nandattebayo wrote:Are marionette handles specail upgradeable? And if so, whose damage is increased, yours or the puppet's?
They're not special upgradeable last I checked them at the anvil.

Demon control bar is, however (because all demon weapons are special upgradeable, even the mandolin!). No clue if the special upgrades for this one (or the mandolin for that matter) are simply lazy copypasted 2h special upgrades, or if they will give some unique skillset bonus. LF>Upgrade gold and upgrade stones in KR test.

Also, since Soluna confirmed the new formula... You can estimate that at endgame puppetry humans will have about 30~46 more character screen damage than elves, and giants will have about 5~0 less character screen damage than elves depending on a few variables such as age and leveling. Only 70% of those damage differences are contributed towards actual puppet damage, however.