[G17S2] String of Destiny: Puppet Master

Mabinogi updates that have been released from testing are posted here!
Sledeau

Re: [G17S2] String of Destiny: Puppet Master

Post by Sledeau »

They're not special upgradeable. I'm guessing that was something in beta they scrapped, it gets added in a later patch we don't have, or someone was messing around with xmls.
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Sledeau wrote:They're not special upgradeable. I'm guessing that was something in beta they scrapped, it gets added in a later patch we don't have, or someone was messing around with xmls.
That's a Demonic Control Bar. Those can be special upgraded.
Sledeau

Post by Sledeau »

Oh, thanks. I guess that makes a good excuse to not worry about minmaxing a control bar until then.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

So how do the special upgrades for the control bar affect damage?
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

nandattebayo wrote:So how do the special upgrades for the control bar affect damage?
They're the same as Two Handed special upgrades, so it effects damage directly for blue and crit-wise for red. Obviously part of your stats from your min/max you receive from the special upgrade effects would be added to your puppet's damage but I'm not sure whether red's effects would effect the puppet or not.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

Psy wrote:
nandattebayo wrote:So how do the special upgrades for the control bar affect damage?
They're the same as Two Handed special upgrades,
ive been wondering this but can they get 2 handed enchants like fists can?(barbarian etc)
if this was already answered sorry
it seems like they would but then i remember you can put minis in the second slot.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Psy wrote:
They're the same as Two Handed special upgrades, so it effects damage directly for blue and crit-wise for red. Obviously part of your stats from your min/max you receive from the special upgrade effects would be added to your puppet's damage but I'm not sure whether red's effects would effect the puppet or not.
I meant how do they affect puppet damage. If red doesn't apply to the puppet's damage, then blue is the only thing worth using.

Unless you're using handles for melee.

Soluna

Post by Soluna »

nandattebayo wrote: I meant how do they affect puppet damage. If red doesn't apply to the puppet's damage, then blue is the only thing worth using.

Unless you're using handles for melee.

If puppet skill are affect by critical hit itself, by logic upgrades will also produce similar effects.

And at least you can windmill with handle unlike... you know, knuckles.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

Knucklemill makes me sad. Before the Fighter update hit the only ability my human had over rE was r4 Windmill.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Daakun wrote:Knucklemill makes me sad. Before the Fighter update hit the only ability my human had over rE was r4 Windmill.
I'm glad they did. Knuckles would be OP-er with a big radius.