[G17S2] String of Destiny: Puppet Master

Mabinogi updates that have been released from testing are posted here!
Zeo

Re: [G17S2] String of Destiny: Puppet Master

Post by Zeo »

Philozoph wrote: Because there is no difference between the two puppets, and neither effects the other. They're identical in every way besides for the aesthetic of appearance and animations. So there really isn't a need to have both instead of just one.
But in my opinion, it is necessary to rank both Pierrot and Colossus puppets, since one of the common methods to fight with Puppets is to switch them out as soon as they got attacked so that way the mobs can lose aggro and won't attack other puppet for a bit.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

And as a bonus, r9 for the event title means you don't have to look at those iffy wooden collosi again.
The wooden pierrot is cute, but that's the one I'm gonna focus on if I decide I like the puppet playstyle.
Ruutie

Post by Ruutie »

Hey, I just wanted to say, Thanks so much for laying it out like this! I've been preparing furiously with all those life skills.. So I can make the repair kits properly.

But I really wanted to ask, in the event your trying to make a Perfect Repair Kit, is the % chance very detrimental depending on your rank of Handicraft? (So meaning like R5+ to get a decent percentage..) ? Or is it one of those Handicraft skills you can make pretty easily at novice? Thanks again!
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Ruutie wrote: But I really wanted to ask, in the event your trying to make a Perfect Repair Kit, is the % chance very detrimental depending on your rank of Handicraft? (So meaning like R5+ to get a decent percentage..) ? Or is it one of those Handicraft skills you can make pretty easily at novice? Thanks again!
Perfect Kit is difficulty 4 item, you can start making at rank 6
Advance Kit is difficulty 7 item, you can start making at rank 9
Basic Kit is difficulty A item, you can start making at rank C
Base success rate start at 50 and increase as your handicraft rank raises. So, no you don't need rank 5+, but you probably would want to have r5+ if you are making the Perfect Repair Kit.

I believe, aside from Perfect Kit, you can purchase the Advance and Basic Kits in the NPC shop. In addition, you can obtain the kits from Puppet Shop PTJ rewards in Emain which I believe is different grade level repair kit for each of PTJ level. The Marionette Potions as well, they can be obtained in NPC shop or rewards from Alchemy PTJ in Emain.
Ruutie

Post by Ruutie »

Ah, Soluna. Thank you kindly for that information. It looks like I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me, but knowing that you can at least purchase the Kits/Potions from the shops is good to hear.

Thanks again!
jjward13

Post by jjward13 »

Soluna wrote:Puppet Healing Potion can be made through Potion Making:
30 Potion: Base Herb + Base potion + Tin
50 Potion: Red Herb + Base Potion + Tin
100 Potion: Yellow Herb + Base Potion + Tin + Zinc (yes Zinc you were not forgotten)
300 Potion: Blue Herb + Base Potion + Tin + Zinc + Nickel (o Hey, hello there Nickel)
500 Potion: Golden Herb + Base Potion + Tin + Zinc + Nickel
[s](Tin: what about me... ;_; ?)[/s]
How do you come by getting tin and zinc? Is it based on rank? Because since I got r1 metal conversion I only seem to be producing nickels.

(Editted out the rank question, because it seems it was already asked xD)
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

jjward13 wrote: How do you come by getting tin and zinc? Is it based on rank? Because since I got r1 metal conversion I only seem to be producing nickels.
Soluna wrote:I believe it is Metal Conversion? Because the new puppet potions they added new conversion formula:
Copper -> Tin
Silver -> Zinc
Gold -> Nickel
*I think is 5 or 3 depending on your metal conversion ranks.
Similar to how you can convert iron ore frags into copper ore frag using Metal Exchange skill, new formula allow you convert copper into tin, silver into zinc, and gold into nickel. They also come as byproduct randomly when u convert using the old formula like copper into silver, which, at high ranks only produces nickel and thus the reason you are only getting nickel.
nandattebayo

Post by nandattebayo »

Soluna wrote:
jjward13 wrote: How do you come by getting tin and zinc? Is it based on rank? Because since I got r1 metal conversion I only seem to be producing nickels.
Soluna wrote:I believe it is Metal Conversion? Because the new puppet potions they added new conversion formula:
Copper -> Tin
Silver -> Zinc
Gold -> Nickel
*I think is 5 or 3 depending on your metal conversion ranks.
Similar to how you can convert iron ore frags into copper ore frag using Metal Exchange skill, new formula allow you convert copper into tin, silver into zinc, and gold into nickel. They also come as byproduct randomly when u convert using the old formula like copper into silver, which, at high ranks only produces nickel and thus the reason you are only getting nickel.

Oh, goody. Finally something I can do with gold ore.
Daakun

Post by Daakun »

How do marionettes handle the 'normal' combat skills, like Smash, Counter, and Windmill?

Do you run up and try to beat people with your handle, or can your marionette use Smash by extension?
Does counter protect you, your marionette, both, or what?
Is Windmill centered at you or your marionette?
Last edited by Daakun on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Daakun wrote:How do marionettes handle the 'normal' combat skills, like Smash, Counter, and Windmill?
Marionettes cannot use normal melee skills at all, they can only use the marionette skills. When you load Smash, Counter, or Windmill, your character will load those skills and you will be auto disconnected from the puppet.

The puppets are fine on their own without the normal Smash, Counter, Windmill, most of their Act Skills are just variants of those skills. It will take some skill to use them though.