[G17S3] Shamala

Mabinogi updates that have been released from testing are posted here!
Soluna

Re: [G17S3] Shamala

Post by Soluna »

Most field boss can only stand still and doesn't have the better bonuses such as protection. If I recall, the better choices would probably be like Ogre Bandit Boss or Armored bear that gives protection bonus or Crystal Golems that give defense bonus.

And if you really want to be a giant reptile/lizard that can actually move and attack unlike the Red Dragon/Legatus etc.. there's always the Basilisk (+20% Str bonus).

And I believe finishing G8's red dragon also counts toward as red dragon anyway.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Wait, so did they release the hunting journal to the official server without giving it a purpose?
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Psy wrote:Wait, so did they release the hunting journal to the official server without giving it a purpose?
It's purpose is to register monster you have defeated before. However, you can view it as pointless if you want.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Soluna wrote:
Psy wrote:Wait, so did they release the hunting journal to the official server without giving it a purpose?
It's purpose is to register monster you have defeated before. However, you can view it as pointless if you want.
Does it at least keep track of amount? Or only a check off list?
Anitun

Post by Anitun »

Can anyone verify if the demonic weapons such as the Demonic Knuckles are dyeable?
Tsukuyomai

Post by Tsukuyomai »

Anitun wrote:Can anyone verify if the demonic weapons such as the Demonic Knuckles are dyeable?
They should be.

Got this off of mabinogi.pe.kr a while ago:
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

Yes, but just because it can come in multiple colors doesn't necessarily mean its dyeable. For example, the chef uniforms are the rewards for 1st to 3rd place in the monthly Emain Macha Cooking Contest. They all come in a specific coloration but cannot be dyed. The same might be true for the demonic weapons. Another example is the Shield of Avon, which cannot be dyed or allow a finishing plate to be used, but it may come in purple wood or red wood, and a silver frame.

On that note, can you choose a plate for finishing with these weapons?
radionoise

Post by radionoise »

Psy wrote:Yes, but just because it can come in multiple colors doesn't necessarily mean its dyeable. For example, the chef uniforms are the rewards for 1st to 3rd place in the monthly Emain Macha Cooking Contest. They all come in a specific coloration but cannot be dyed. The same might be true for the demonic weapons. Another example is the Shield of Avon, which cannot be dyed or allow a finishing plate to be used, but it may come in purple wood or red wood, and a silver frame.

That screenshot seems that it's showing the dye parts instead of just different colors. I would assume they are dyeable from looking at it.
Kapra

Post by Kapra »

radionoise wrote:
Psy wrote:Yes, but just because it can come in multiple colors doesn't necessarily mean its dyeable. For example, the chef uniforms are the rewards for 1st to 3rd place in the monthly Emain Macha Cooking Contest. They all come in a specific coloration but cannot be dyed. The same might be true for the demonic weapons. Another example is the Shield of Avon, which cannot be dyed or allow a finishing plate to be used, but it may come in purple wood or red wood, and a silver frame.

That screenshot seems that it's showing the dye parts instead of just different colors. I would assume they are dyeable from looking at it.
Just because it has dye spots doesn't mean its dyeable, everything has dye spots. Even buildings or monsters. And the explanation I gave are clear examples of items with dye spots that cannot be dyed.
Tsukuyomai

Post by Tsukuyomai »

Psy wrote:
radionoise wrote:

Just because it has dye spots doesn't mean its dyeable, everything has dye spots. Even buildings or monsters. And the explanation I gave are clear examples of items with dye spots that cannot be dyed.
I think it lists the type of dye used to dye under each image.
Though I'm not completely sure, putting in cloth, metal, and leather into google translate comes up with 천, 금속, and 가죽 respectively, all of which show up in the image.