[G14S4] Update Overview

Mabinogi updates that have been released from testing are posted here!
Soluna

[G14S4] Update Overview

Post by Soluna »

New System, Living Search/Life Explore:
Added scrapbook to record your fantasy life for eating well made food, tamed animals, fish up rare fishes. The books will record the level of cooking, animal's combat level, and fish's size and give you points. Scrapbook will allow you to get new titles, quests, explore journal points, Life Explore tools and rewards. The New Life Explore tools will be strengthened by getting more points in scrapbook.

Scrap Book Image---
*I see Incubus in there~ In other words, Pokemon, Mabi-Style... Gotta Tame Them All!

New Area: Cobh port, East of Dunbarton Map: Special Lighthouse PTJ, Special Cobh only 1 Day Quest, New Handicraft PTJ, New fishes can be fished up, New fishing baits can be made.

ImageImage

Misc:
Party Option can only be changed when party members are nearby. e.g. cannot have someone else to buy a party quest to join while you are in Ciar dungeon boss room. (Suspect this have something to do with bots...)
Added Zoom Out function to the option menu that can allow you to zoom out and change view in Dungeons.
Added new Animal Taming skill training requirements.
Changed to such that without weakening enemy HP you can tame the animals as well (hmmp....Control of Chaos crying...)
Changed cooking system, the higher the cooking rank, the better chance to make higher rank cooking. New cooking recipes added.

New Titles:
the Gourmet - MP Luck Int Will + 15
the Friend of Nature - HP Str Luck Will + 15
the Peaceful/Leisure - SP Luck Dex Will + 15

Living Search Tools:
Living Search Fishing Rod, Living Seach Cooking Knife, and Living Search Taming Cane
All 3 start out at 0~4 Dmg 3% Crit, 30% balance, 12 durability.
*remember you will enhance it with scrapbook.

New Enchants:
Tenacious: Prefix, R7, +8 Crit, +3~6 Crit when using Gourmet Title, +3~6 when using Friend of Nature Title, +5 when using the Leisure title. Repair x2, Life Search Tools Only
Master Chef: R8 Suffix, +10 Max +5min, when using Gourmet title +2~10 Max. Repair x2, Living Cooking Knife only
Alluring: R8 Suffix, Magic Attack +2, MP +20, will +5, Magic Attack +2~4 when using Friend of Nature Title. Repair x2, Living Taming Cane only
Smell of Sea: R8 Suffix, +23 Max. + 5 Luck, when using Leisure title +2~12 Max. Repair x2, Living Fishing Rod only

New NPCs Annick and Ascon:
Armelle

Re: [G14S4] Testing Data

Post by Armelle »

east of...dunbarton?
but what about that big smudge under emain...
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Soluna wrote: Party Option can only be changed when party members are nearby. e.g. cannot have someone else to buy a party quest to join while you are in Ciar dungeon boss room. (Suspect this have something to do with bots...)
Indeed it does, If you look at the party boards lately and see the parties with the boxes, guess what... Yep all bots. Makes sense i suppose. I support this.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Armelle wrote:east of...dunbarton?
but what about that big smudge under emain...
Below Emain is the Lake, where Ceo Island resides. But if you mean pass that as in the West side of Uladh, that would be uncharted area and perhaps it would be added in the future chapters, not for a general Season updates.

Something about Cobh just want to make me shout Albeeeerta...

On the brightside it would seem they are finally moving back more along the line of real "Mabi" updates rather than the last few generations. I suspect the new system is to test water on possible other ways to enhancing Spirit Weapons rather than just feeding along. Although I think the living system will die out after C4 like most other things that gets left forgotten when a new team takes over, but nonetheless it is a interesting way to enhance more life skill oriented players as to oppose to make the game strictly oriented toward combat, which is basically what was the last chapter mostly done.

Yea... I'll stop here before I go into how poorly C3 was done again...
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Yay, new maps are always fun. As for the other features, I'm not terribly excited.
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

uploading the town bgm to youtube as for some reason its become a tradition to do so.

edit:

edit 2: and heres one of the npc themes,ill upload the other guys later

so...catchy..
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

New Hair Style and New Eye/Mouth for All 3 Races:

Giants-

Human-

Elf-
Armelle

Post by Armelle »

i cant tell if i like that new elf hair or not...but i am pretty desperate for some new hair...
i wanted auction girl hair so bad lllorz
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Bunch of emo haircuts. LOL :(
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Not the greatest hair ever but is something...<_<
I think they SHOULD remodel some old clothing/hair that are way too Choppy though, the more recent models are much more curvy then before.

On the side note, there are new boat tickets in the new harbor town that goes to some isle (no, not nekojima) but you cant use the ticket yet as of now. Which... I think is safe to say Cobh will become like Alberta...