[File] Commerce profit calculator

A collection of various tools, files and other resources that may help you in your adventures in Erinn.
Soluna

Re: [File] Commerce Calculator

Post by Soluna »

Mycelium wrote: Maximizing ducat profit speaks for itself... math is math, and any extraneous circumstances will naturally be taken into consideration by the person doing the commerce.
Which... is why I am not adding in the time variants.
Mycelium wrote: But, I'm starting to feel like my idea is being met with resistance from you, so I'm sorry if you feel like I'm stepping on your toes by trying to help. If that's the case, I can take my thoughts elsewhere. But this forum seemed like the best place to contribute to Mabinogi data.
I just said I won't be adding it and my reasoning behind it. I did not say OMG you can't add it, it is useless. If is something someone wants to add sure go ahead and it is probably a good idea.

Just recently someone dug up the old excel file on calculating flameburst damage output and tried to improved it and ask me to see if they made any mistakes. I am fine with it. If people want to work on the basic information and basic tools posted, sure...

Something I want to make clear though...
I am not here to help the community... Please don't think that highly of me... If I wanted to help, I would have gone to a bigger circle or the wiki to post the information.

I only post things I feel my guild members should know, can be useful, or might be interest to them, it just so happen that people think the information is also useful to them.

Now, it is true we could have made all the thing private so people can't view it you know, or like make people register just to view it you know? But that's not what me or Yoorah believe in because it kinda defeat the purpose if we have to be talking underground and is kinda stupid...

Because then I'd have to log in to see it.

Regardless, I don't like to being treated like an encyclopedia nor do I want this place to be like one. I think is best to treat it as if you want to share something from experience or something interesting you found. But if you really want to help with providing the data, wiki would probably be the best place to do it directly because the popularity and the user base. What I give is just the basics knowledge and usually don't care about the details.

Bottom line is...
I just wanna say I am not here to give to people's demands, I just do what I want to.
I am not saying that you idea is bad or anything, is just I don't want to do it,but you can do it if you want or if someone wants to. Is like the doctor says you have to stay in bed but you went out to watch a movie you know?

And don't worry, Suns don't have toes ;|
Mycelium

Post by Mycelium »

Soluna wrote:
Mycelium wrote: Maximizing ducat profit speaks for itself... math is math, and any extraneous circumstances will naturally be taken into consideration by the person doing the commerce.
Which... is why I am not adding in the time variants.
Mycelium wrote: But, I'm starting to feel like my idea is being met with resistance from you, so I'm sorry if you feel like I'm stepping on your toes by trying to help. If that's the case, I can take my thoughts elsewhere. But this forum seemed like the best place to contribute to Mabinogi data.
I just said I won't be adding it and my reasoning behind it. I did not say OMG you can't add it, it is useless. If is something someone wants to add sure go ahead and it is probably a good idea.

Just recently someone dug up the old excel file on calculating flameburst damage output and tried to improved it and ask me to see if they made any mistakes. I am fine with it. If people want to work on the basic information and basic tools posted, sure...

Something I want to make clear though...
I am not here to help the community... Please don't think that highly of me... If I wanted to help, I would have gone to a bigger circle or the wiki to post the information.

I only post things I feel my guild members should know, can be useful, or might be interest to them, it just so happen that people think the information is also useful to them.

Now, it is true we could have made all the thing private so people can't view it you know, or like make people register just to view it you know? But that's not what me or Yoorah believe in because it kinda defeat the purpose if we have to be talking underground and is kinda stupid...

Because then I'd have to log in to see it.

Regardless, I don't like to being treated like an encyclopedia nor do I want this place to be like one. I think is best to treat it as if you want to share something from experience or something interesting you found. But if you really want to help with providing the data, wiki would probably be the best place to do it directly because the popularity and the user base. What I give is just the basics knowledge and usually don't care about the details.

Bottom line is...
I just wanna say I am not here to give to people's demands, I just do what I want to.
I am not saying that you idea is bad or anything, is just I don't want to do it,but you can do it if you want or if someone wants to. Is like the doctor says you have to stay in bed but you went out to watch a movie you know?

And don't worry, Suns don't have toes ;|
That's fair enough. Since it is your file and forum I assumed I should at the very least solicit your endorsement before I proceeded, and since the first thing you posted was that time variants didn't matter, I just wanted to clarify why it does. And, perhaps, I mistakenly assumed that what you yourself would decide to do was part of the discussion of the best way to do things. So as you said, if anyone wants to help collect that data, I'll add it and people can take or leave it.

Regardless, in reference to your post about these forums, you do help the community regardless of what you think ;) You guys do a good job of keeping an intelligent level of discourse here and, outside of my own guild, I joined here in part to repay the information I've gleaned from these forums in the past. Because of that, being server neighbors for years, and having friends in Imperium, is why I'd post here over anywhere else besides private discussions.
Mycelium

Post by Mycelium »

I ended up timing routes across maps and trade posts instead of every run, so it made it a lot easier. Here's the result, eventually I'll get around to appending a spreadsheet but if anyone is interested in this information, putting another column in Solar's spreadsheet shouldn't take too long.

ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Great work, thanks. :) This section could use more data gathering experiments of all sorts!

I think one of the reasons why Solar didn't want to implement this into his calculator was that there are some cases where a pure Ducat/sec rate doesn't give the full picture, either for the work required to complete the trade, or the big picture when it comes to profitability of subsequent trades you'd have to make. But on the other hand, the extra data would prove to be a valuable tool in the hands of an experienced player.

What I think would be interesting is if someone found an efficient way to poll the game for the market prices across all towns, and then effectively build a routing protocol-style system for selecting the best route pattern, in real time. :3 If only commerce rates could be retrieved in the same way as housing board prices... (Or can they? I never cared to try.)

Oh, and Solar.. you should not look down on this place as insignificant compared to the other sites out there. :P While our overall traffic is pretty small, a lot of people use this place as a resource for various info. In fact, we've had close to 9000 visitors over the past 30 days.
zcoinz

Post by zcoinz »

Confusing X.X
Theloveless

Post by Theloveless »

what exactly would one do with this file >_>
ferghus
Site Admin
Site Admin
IGN(s): Yoorah
Server: Ruairi, Mari

Post by ferghus »

Load it into a spreadsheet program, like Excel or one of its alternatives.
Sky

Re: [File] Commerce profit calculator

Post by Sky »

If you guys don't have Microsoft Excel, download the file and then upload it into Google Docs.
Sky

Post by Sky »

I am trying one right now...

Currently finished all data handling and storing information...

Max detour is supposedly how many detours are you willing to do to gain the most ducat/sec. If you put it at 0, it'll just calculate 1 trip. If you put it at 1, it'll do 1 or 2 trips depending which is better ducat/sec... i put it at max of 2 for now...
or so at least that's my plan...

I can imagine this can be n^2^m problem and can be really big so is bad if m is too big T T;; that's why I put a limit on the detours.

Now the next problem is with calculations and how to handle it... If you guys have some cool formula you can share with those data let me know :P

Also one problem I find on this is having to put manually the prices (but it's not like the prices fluctuate that fast). It may in end turn up to be more counter productive so I'm kinda sketchy about this app. But I've started it already so I decided to finish it, whether be useful or not.
Soluna

Post by Soluna »

Sky wrote: one problem I find on this is having to put manually the prices (but it's not like the prices fluctuate that fast). It may in end turn up to be more counter productive so I'm kinda sketchy about this app. But I've started it already so I decided to finish it, whether be useful or not.
It fluctuate every 5 minutes, but it may not change.

It is possible not to manually update price http://rua.erinn.biz/commerce.php

But yes, if you have to manually input everything it will be quite annoy to do.